Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cold Winter Riding Cloths

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Cold Winter Riding Cloths Empty
PostSubject: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

So what do you wear for cold winter riding?

I sometimes wear my:

Cruiser or my Rigger boots.
One piece wet weather suit.
Denim jacket or textile bike jacket.
Textile trousers.
My biker long John's and top.
Good winter gloves.
Thermal socks.
Heat patches.
Open face helmet with face mask.

Wearing the one piece wet weather suit is a massive help. Also the heat pads are in the pound shops for a pack of 4, each pad last 4/5 hours. So stock up, real bikers friend. Pop them in your gloves, down your boots or anywhere else. So that's my tip.  Cold Winter Riding Cloths 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Today I rode the Intruder 20 miles at 6C which felt colder at speed. I wore 3 layers under my leather biker jacket, joggers under my Kevlar jeans, fishing socks inside my big tall boots, open face helmet with visor, balaclava and fleecy neck warmer. When sttopped at lights I put my hands with inner gloves and winter gloves on the engine fins. Not too bad!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Winter gloves with nylon rain mitts over the top to stop the wind.
4 in 1 frank thomas jacket with a thing that goes round the neck and up to the nose (zip off collar thing) then t-shirt and thin jumper underneath.
Textile pants with thermals underneath.
heatsaver socks and a pair of normal underneath then bike boots.
full nylon rain suit if it's raining or I only have leather jacket on,
Heated grips.
Cold Winter Riding Cloths Wind%20temps_zpsvwydk8wq
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Textile pants? Bloody hell, talk about penis protection.  hyst
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Not sure about Faranhieght, I only work in Celsius nowadays. Didn't get above 3c today, mostly it was 0 degrees,  felt flipping cold at 60/70 mph.  Cold Winter Riding Cloths 249703 Must of been cold to make me ride that slow.  Cold Winter Riding Cloths 2795157665
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Not sure about Faranhieght, I only work in Celsius nowadays. Didn't get above 3c today, mostly it was 0 degrees,  felt flipping cold at 60/70 mph.  Cold Winter Riding Cloths 249703 Must of been cold to make me ride that slow.  Cold Winter Riding Cloths 2795157665

you'd have been riding at about -7c! enough to bring a grimace to any mans face that  Cold Winter Riding Cloths 852880  quite mild up north today for a change  sunny
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 pm

simbo wrote:
Quite mild up north today for a change  sunny

So that would be heavy snow and freezing sleet, followed by flooding. Not forggetting the Newcastle girls out on the piss, dressed like they were on a beach in the Bahamas. hyst
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Bloody cold here today, not as orrible as it was yesterday but not far off. Riding bikes in this part of the country over the last few days has been nasty. 

I don't really have any really special winter bike gear as such but I do put on large heavy duty rain/wind resistant trousers and jacket over my leathers, does the job for me. Mr Intruder (Dave) told me about those heat giving pads from the pound shop, not tried them yet cause I forgot I bought 3 packs. Weather is picking up for the next few days so I will save them for now. I have some mitts that fit on the bars for my gloved hands to go in and they make a world of difference, makes riding in all nasty cold weathers acceptable rather than just a painful hell. apart from that I have a couple of thin snoogs for my neck, they mak a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 9:34 pm

Some of you poor sods have no other choice other than ride all year around, fortunately, some of us ride these days all year around, for fun (Very different).
What ever you wear be careful out there riders, a little extra comfort at your extremities can make you a safer rider. Simply because it keeps your mind on what it should be on, rather than the discomfort you may be in.
Your reasonable comfort has not got to be expensive, buying wisely hasnn't got to be expensive.
Ride safely guys, we are entering the dangerous part of winter. Cold Winter Riding Cloths 973941
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 9:15 pm

I ride again all year around and have for the last couple of years. I don't have to ride to far to work, only 20 mins from starting the engine to stopping it but as a rule I love it. Love it no matter what the weather, well unless its pissing down that is. Cold I can cope with, rain I hate and snow, well all I can say is that thank fuck we don't get much down here. All praise must go to you northerners.  Cold Winter Riding Cloths 3005623951

I bought a one piece wet weather suite after Mr Intruders recommendation from Mega motorcycles in Swindon in the week for £30 odd quid, great buy for all winter riding & it really does help keep the cold out being one piece. Cheers Dave, good buy.    Cold Winter Riding Cloths 3005623951
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 12:33 am

No worries Crash, always happy when a tip is taken and it works. Cold Winter Riding Cloths 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Winter Riding Cloths   Cold Winter Riding Cloths Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Winter Riding Cloths
Page 1 of 1