Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Screen for batwing

Go down 
+2
hawktheslayer
Twojobmick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

New Screen for batwing Empty
PostSubject: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Picked up my new screen this aft ...... to be continued

New Screen for batwing 20160325_174441_zpspohx9yz0
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 6:43 pm

What was wrong wiv da old one?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:08 pm

didn't match the pink/white fairing Justin probably?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Ooooh this is looking interesting!  Suspect  New Screen for batwing 3498837457
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 11:39 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
didn't match the pink/white fairing Justin probably?

That would be mals NOT micks!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 5:52 am

The old one was bodged Justin and because it was so thick / rigid it tended to pull the fairing in to it's shape rather than matching to the fairing's profile. This one is a direct equivalent to a Harley screen and thinner / more flexible than the other. Its also shaped differently - wider / more square towards the top and it only cost me a couple of pints to the guy who made it, so why not. I've been searching for a cost effective screen for a while now, had two attempts in getting one from Chine, both unsuccessful. The bloke who's made this has made a template so if I ever need another, I just have to contact him and he'll make another one for me .... simples !
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 11:07 am

Excellent! keep it on file. Take pics when its all done I am sure you could make some money selling it on ebay and the like! lots of those blank batwings from china sold with no screen and by the time you add on the cost of the oem that fits it works out expensive
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Before ........

New Screen for batwing 20160327_131648_zpssdjmuywg

After

New Screen for batwing 20160327_160218_zpsovoiw0g2
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Is it lower Mick?
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 6:35 pm

No Sim! its cleaner, the small spec in the top right visible via microscope is no longer visible New Screen for batwing 3213823784
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Hey mick,
Looking good New Screen for batwing 184121345
It looks like you've got stainless trim on the front, where the bolts go through the screen. Was that included with the screen or did you add it? I'm looking for something like that...
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Worth all the effort... New Screen for batwing 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Sim .... its not any lower, just angled slightly more toward me making it look so ...... not test ridden it yet so, judgment reserved for now. You never know, I might end up putting the old one back on yet ?!
Mal - that's just the silver paint border around the fairing mate
Alan ...... lol !
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Took the bike out to test the new screen this morning - not so good !
It's fine in terms of size / shape but the material it's made from us not thick enough so it's flapping around like a sail at any kind of speed above 60mph.
Putting my old screen back on for now !
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:41 pm

That's weird.... How thick is it mick? The screen that came with my 'work in progress' batwing is pretty thin, and is also flexible, as it springs back flat when dismantled. But the fact it's sandwiched between the inner and outer fairing pulls it into a curve and it feels stable.... At least at 70.... Not tried it above that in case it ends up as a hang gliding lesson!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 4:13 pm

bigmal wrote:
That's weird.... How thick is it mick? The screen that came with my 'work in progress' batwing is pretty thin, and is also flexible, as it springs back flat when dismantled. But the fact it's sandwiched between the inner and outer fairing pulls it into a curve and it feels stable.... At least at 70.... Not tried it above that in case it ends up as a hang gliding lesson!
Not sure mate, its in the garage and I can't be arsed going out there at the moment.

I'll measure the thickness tomorrow but I reckon about 3mm ..... its very flexible material though, but scratches reeallll easily !

Old screen is back on now, I might ask the guy to make another out of a thicker material .... not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Screen for batwing   New Screen for batwing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Screen for batwing
Page 1 of 1