Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinion. With or Without Screen

Go down 
+6
Jimmyboy
NotesNut
captain crash
Lowey
fat intruder
Tigger2013
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigger2013
Tigger2013

Opinion. With or Without Screen Empty
PostSubject: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:01 am

Opinion. With or Without Screen Dscf1212Opinion. With or Without Screen Dscf1211
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:22 am

think it looks good in both pics I like bikes without screen but I don't have to ride it best bet set your bike up so it suits you for ride comfort and how it looks and say to hell with what other people think
sorry not much help just my opinion Opinion. With or Without Screen 3005623951
Back to top Go down
Tigger2013
Tigger2013

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:02 pm

that's the trouble. will the lack of screen effect my ride a lot?
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Personally I think a cruiser looks better with a screen fitted, also a more comfortable ride.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Will it effect your ride by having it taken off? depends how it was setup and worked when it was initially fitted.
Its about horses for courses as the saying goes. screens are great for when speed is picked up especially in the summer months but are also great if setup right in the winter for keeping the cold blast off you if setup right. I like the look of the bikes with the screens fitted and not fitted, Sorry not much help, love it both ways
Back to top Go down
NotesNut
NotesNut

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:39 pm

For Mway commuting...screen.

For cruising around at the weekend......no screen Opinion. With or Without Screen 852880
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Screen !!!! makes it look nice and tidy !!!

Jim.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:46 pm

ride it around for a week with the screen at all speeds making a mental note of how it feels then ride it around for a week without the screen at all speeds make mental note compare the difference then make the final choice with the look thrown in hahahahahahahahhahahaha still no help at all sorry Opinion. With or Without Screen 641964
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:28 pm

I prefer the look without screens, But they're essential when travelling at motorway speeds, I took mine off for a while, Then I gave in to the wind blast and put it back on Opinion. With or Without Screen 852880
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Quote :
Personally I think a cruiser looks better with a screen fitted, also a more comfortable ride.
Opinion. With or Without Screen 2215087486
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Depends on the bike. Bobber or chopper style - quickest way to spoil it is fit a screen IMO. Classic touring cruiser looks right with a screen. As for practicality.....I was riding on the M4 today ( I'm a strict no screen sort of guy Opinion. With or Without Screen 215375 ) max speed 60, no trouble! I use my cruiser for  a lot of local stuff and prefer the clean look and feel of a no screen bike. Fully dressed cruisers look right mind - just not for me. Also I think the screen needs to suit the bike. Big American style with lowers will be fine on a C800. M800 perhaps looks better with a more sleek fly type screen. But there are no rules of course - it's your bike to customise as you wish, or otherwise. If I were travelling a fair distance at 80mph  a screen would be an essential but then so would a 6th gear be for me! Everyone's idea of vibration is different. For me, middleweight cruisers have a sweet spot around 60mph regardless of make or whether a screen is fitted or not.
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 pm

It depends on you and your build and your riding style, but I prefer a screen on. I'd go for a smaller one without the cross bar. The bar makes it look like a prison window. (just my 2cs worth of bs)
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:06 pm

At the end of the day, It all comes down to personal choice, It's your bike! dress it how you find best suits your needs, Then undress it, Then dress it, Then so on and so forth lol It's half an hour to change the bike to suit whatever mood your in on the day :bike3: :bike4: .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion. With or Without Screen   Opinion. With or Without Screen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinion. With or Without Screen
Page 1 of 1