Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bars too high?

Go down 
+5
captain crash
simbo
alfie92
Mr Intruder
Bluesman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:55 pm

A biker knowall came over when I was parked and declared my bars were too high making the grips at the wrong angle. He was bigger than me so I did not push him in the sea! Rather I explained that it was more comfortable for me that way and the angle was arrived at because it suited me. That arsehole apart, it's not the first time.....when I took it in for its 7.5k service the guy said they were much too far forward. The thing is I got a sore backside leaning back and preferred it a lot when I pushed them forward. Makes me sit up and I like the more agressive riding position. The angle of the grips seems just right for me. The bike is easy for me to steer. Perhaps I am missing something here.

Are there some rules I don't know about? I'd say Bars too high? 1249461214 but I am interested what members think...are they a bit too high really honestly?

Bars too high? Photo-0002
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:18 pm

His opinion is obviously the only one that matters, arse hole.
So what are you going to do about getting apes then Blues? Maybe get some 3" ones just to keep the cock happy maybe?
Everybody has a riding position that is different, why would anyone ever ride in a position that they are not comfortable in.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi John your bike, your bars,have them were they suit you,sorted.Use your diplomicy tell others the same,or that you are going to put the clip on,s back on after your test ride with these bars.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:07 pm

I'd say they look fine to me , And if it was his bike he could have them how he wanted, But it's yours so screw his opinion.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Bollox to the dick head, why some people think they have the right to pass judgement is beyond me Bars too high? 2030053686
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Arrogant fool. Did he have a bike? What was it?
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
So what are you going to do about getting apes then Blues? .

Yes I have to admit I'm a repressed apehanger nerd! I'd thought of 10" not to muck around with cables and I could do it myself. I'd like real tall ones but can't spend anymore cash on bikes (well that's what I've been told!) Ah well I'll make do with the nerdhangers.

Ah whilst typing this I've just read Badger's post - the arsehole in question rides a brown Harley........BROWN!!!!!Bars too high? 2037161312
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:07 pm

i think that the angle of the photo could be a little deceeving but its your bike and if you want it that way and have set it up so that its cumfortable for you to ride then keep it that way its got sod all to do with him . oohhh he rides a harly next time hes there wait for him to walk of somewere and put a few bits of bread on his bike or chips whatever will be really funny if seaguls come down and shit on his bike
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Bluesman wrote:
The arsehole in question rides a brown Harley........BROWN!!!!!Bars too high? 2037161312
So the Wanker rides a Brown Harley, now I understand his comments. Bars too high? 2917598063
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Cricky poor bloke rides a shit coloured bike, nast nast nasty
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Well he has got a sense of humur then.(must have brown Harley)
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:19 am

OK, I was curious, so I altered my bars to your 'cowhorn' look John.
Went for a ride in the lovely evening sunshine, felt really good, more of a 'sit up' feel, although after a while I got a little discomfort
in my thumb, and slight pins and needles. Saying that, I didn't alter the controls to suit, and just cranked the mirrors down,
Could be your arms are a bit longer too ... ? Lol ....I think if I altered things properly, my wrists would have been straighter
and I would have had less discomfort after the run.
I bought some risers, so hopefully, if I can get them on ok, I can pull the bars back a bit to suit.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:24 am

Badger wrote:
I bought some risers, so hopefully, if I can get them on ok, I can pull the bars back a bit to suit.
When I added my risers (only 2") I felt happier with my positioning. It's strange how small differences can make big differences either for or against. I think to many people probably just except their bikes when minor tweeks can make the difference between comfort and discomfort.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:29 am

I got the 2'' risers too .... I thought that would be plenty for what I need.
We are all different, different sizes and suchlike, and Mr Suzuki just makes the bike, then Mr Stealer sets the bike up to sell.
The buyer is never measured, or consulted, it's up to us to sort our own bikes to our own comfort.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Some really good points there Badger, I think thats what the brown bike idiot forgot is that we are all different shapes sizes and dimementions especially it would seem around the head area Bars too high? 3213823784
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:14 pm

I used to have a Harley or three CC, and it took me years of 'ice pack' treatment on the NHS to reduce my head back down a few helmet sizes.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Badger wrote:
OK, I was curious, so I altered my bars to your 'cowhorn' look John.
Went for a ride in the lovely evening sunshine, felt really good, more of a 'sit up' feel, although after a while I got a little discomfort
in my thumb, and slight pins and needles. Saying that, I didn't alter the controls to suit, and just cranked the mirrors down.

Yes you need to adjust the levers to make the hands feel ok. Actually I went the other way today - I pulled the bars back a bit and you know what...it felt great!! I think a change is all that is needed sometimes - who wants the same old bike............ b-o-r-i-n-g! Ah well thanks to the brown Harley guy! If you look where the bars fasten in the risers there is a tiny centre punch so you can see how far from factory setting you are. Here is a diagram of mine so you can see where they are at the moment.Bars too high? Punch

Not sure if this mark is on all models but probably.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:12 pm

if its not on all models it should be good idaer so you know were your bars are ment to be factory style if you want to put them back will check mine next time i look at it sitting in my dads garige
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Great post re the little centre punch. It's always tempting to have a tinker about - and sometimes we need to just put things back to how they were.

For those of use whose bikes dont have the little punched mark, a little dab of Tippex could provide a solution (although less permanent & less elegant), but might be worth a try for anyone wanting to have a play with different bar settings.
Back to top Go down
exile
exile

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Back in my chopper days , we got this sort of comment from "bikers" ? and coppers alike .... my mates stock answer was " the bikes built for ME ... Not the F*"*in public !" An answer that would still hold good today methinks !
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:16 am

I agree & who does he think he is criticising anyway with his brown bike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bars too high? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bars too high?   Bars too high? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bars too high?
Page 1 of 1