Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tank badges

Go down 
+3
simbo
Mr Intruder
twinny68
7 posters
AuthorMessage
twinny68
twinny68

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:44 pm

hi all how easy is it to remove the tank badges i want to have a clean tank for some artwork any ideas welcome
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Very easy.
I used fishing line in a cutting motion pulled tight against the tank to separate the two. Afterwards there will be some residue left, all you need to do is soak it in WD40 for a while and then wipe that off.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Very easy.
I used fishing line in a cutting motion pulled tight against the tank to separate the two. Afterwards there will be some residue left, all you need to do is soak it in WD40 for a while and then wipe that off.

That's good to know tank badges 3498837457 Would it help if I warmed the badges up first ? like the annoying safety stickers.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Sorry I forgot to add that bit, I used a hair dryer to warm it up first. might be worth running the fuel down a bit so that the level is below the badge. That way the cold fuel isn't cooling the sticky bit from the rear, might make it even easier doing that.
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: tank badge removal vid   tank badges Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZNa0dDP7t5g[/youtube]

here is a video on how to remove badges etc. dont know if iv done this right mods.sort or delete cheers
Back to top Go down
twinny68
twinny68

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 5:23 pm

thanks guys am gonna give it a go can always stick news ones on if i dont like the look or the design is smaller than i want tank badges 3999423852
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm

As long as you cut really tight to the tank and use a fishing line, the Intruder badges will be reusable. I still have both my C800 side panel badges and both of the Intruder badges in a tub just in case they are ever wanted. If I remember rightly, the side panel C800 badges or M800 in your case were just heated up and peeled off. I then stuck them to some shiny/smooth paper to preserve the sticky part from drying out.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
If I remember rightly, the side panel C800 badges or M800 in your case were just heated up and peeled off.

I had taken mine off just after I bought the bike. When I sold it in the Autumn I merely put Evostick Impact on both surfaces and popped back into position. The horrible white caution stickers on all bikes that are a pig to come off, are good riddance in my book - don't ride after consuming alcohol; wear a helmet etc. Are these atrocities compulsory? Perhaps when buying a new bike we ought to insist they are taken off before delivery. Years ago I bought a car with hideous decals along the side. I told the salesman if they could be steamed off, I'd buy the vehicle. Needless to say, they were!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Bluesman wrote:
I had taken mine off just after I bought the bike. When I sold it in the Autumn I merely put Evostick Impact on both surfaces and popped back into position.
Oh my word, lets pray the new owner doesn't want to take them off again. As he will get more of an issue than he bargained for.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Bluesman wrote:
I had taken mine off just after I bought the bike. When I sold it in the Autumn I merely put Evostick Impact on both surfaces and popped back into position.
Oh my word, lets pray the new owner doesn't want to take them off again. As he will get more of an issue than he bargained for.

Maybe but who knows what secrets a used bike holds for the new owner!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Very true John, that would be on the mild side compared to some horror stories and bodge ups that I have known people do to move a vehicle on.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:01 pm

I know this is a bit late after the fact & you've probably already done it, but I wanted the tank badges off my '01 Volusia.

My cousin works for Dream Machine & his advice is to use the plastic spreader that you get with Plastic Padding.  Ease it off from one end, don't try to lift it when you're half way along.  Took about three minutes a side.  The sticky stuff came off with a combination of lighter fluid, the spreader edge & a microfibre cloth - that took about another fifteen minutes
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:38 pm

I actually did this earlier in the week. Very easy to do as described already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tank badges Empty
PostSubject: Re: tank badges   tank badges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tank badges
Page 1 of 1