Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seat re'covering

Go down 
+2
Twojobmick
simbo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Had a ride over to Huddersfield today to meet up with TwoJobMick, We arranged to meet at Tony Archer car and motorcycle seat trimmers as Mick is thinking of having his seats re'modelled and re'covered, I've heard of this guy before and seen his work on Smarts bike (Martin) and thought he'd done a good job of his seats, when we got there Mick went in and they came out together to look over his bike and discuss his needs, The guy was very helpful and knows his stuff on what can be done and what will work out for the best, he showed us some seats he'd already done, and they were very good with all different ideas shapes and sizes, So if anyone is thinking along the lines of seat alterations, gel inserts,re'covers or re'shapes give this guy a call or go and see his work, he does a nice job.
http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/index.html

Cheers for dinner Mick Seat re'covering  433968 Good ride out too, I enjoyed it Seat re'covering  3498837457
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:44 am

simbo wrote:
Cheers for dinner Mick Seat re'covering  433968 Good ride out too, I enjoyed it Seat re'covering  3498837457

You're welcome mate, nice pie that wasn't it and the mushy peas were good too, but mash with it Sim ? - c'mon mate, chips every time Seat re'covering  184121345

Had a chat with TwoJobSarah when she got home from work and we agreed that I'd drop the seats in this weekend and get the job done so we're off over there later today. Going with a building up of both seats with a reshaping of the pillion seat to resemble the front seat more closely ( a bit like the old "King & Queen" seats on custom bikes in the 70's / 80's ). Covering in black vinyl ( non slip where appropriate ) and a blue snakeskin border with dark blue piping. Not sure about gel inserts yet as they're £60 per seat and can be fitted later so I think I'll see how the seat feels with the extra padding first. Backrests done to match of course. Just to give you an idea, the quote for the two seats was coming out at around £90, so I'm expecting about £120 in all ..... quite reasonable I think.
Tony Archer has been featured in a lot of the motorcycling press publications ( RIDE, BSH etc ) and as Sim mentioned, Smart has had his seats done by him so I know the quality of work will be good. Can't wait to get them back and fitted on the bike. They should be back next weekend, all being well, so I'll post some piccies up when it's done Seat re'covering  3005623951
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:05 pm

This sounds like a proper jobby, will look forward to seeing it done Seat re'covering  184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Cool, can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Change of plan fellas. We didn't make it to Huddersfield today so it may be a couple of weeks before I get there now.
Will keep you informed
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Mick don't know whats going on with Tony Archer my mate at work had his done there two weeks ago & had to go back and have it altered but it was done under duress & much cussing my mates had 7 seats moded at tony's & now vows never to return there's another guy i think he's at idle do you want me to get the details for you?
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:35 pm

smart wrote:
Mick don't know whats going on with Tony Archer my mate at work had his done there two weeks ago & had to go back and have it altered but it was done under duress & much cussing my mates had 7 seats moded at tony's & now vows never to return there's another guy i think he's at idle do you want me to get the details for you?

Yes please Martin ... I was always under the impression that Tony Martin was the best around - looks like something's amiss. Your mate's not a fussy b***tard or owt is he ? 8)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:41 pm

If I was paying a lot of money I would be a fussy b***tard Suspect
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Seat re'covering  428386 me as well
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:36 pm

No Mick i don't think he's fussy his compliant was the rear of the seat was sagging not enough padding when your fitting it to a 8 grand bike you want it right he's always praised Tony in fact that's who recommended him to me, but it was the attitude that really pissed him of, i'll get you the details of the guy in bradford tommorow .
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi Mick the guy that does seats is at Wyke Bradford got the number but my mate could'nt remember the name....phone01274 604672
will try for more details tommorow Seat re'covering  3005623951
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks Martin :)
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi Mick the seat company at Bradford is called D.L.C seat recovering 366 Woodside rd Wyke bd12 8ht, talked to my mate and he knows a few people who've had their seats done there and got a good job done Seat re'covering  184121345
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks Martin Seat re'covering  3498837457
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:33 am

Quick update on this thread . . . . Pillion seat / backrest is now with DLC in the process of being reshaped/recovered. I've kept the riders seat as the job is a 4 week turnaround. The agreement is that once the pillions done, he'll complete the riders seat and backrest within 7 - 10 days.
The guy does all the seat work for Allan Jeffries BMW so I'm expecting a top quality job back from him, however he is not cheap in comparison. As long as the job's done properly, I'm willing to pay for it though.
I'll post pics up for you guys when the job's complete.
Back to top Go down
jdk
jdk

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am

Hi i use these guys http://www.vikingmotorcycleseats.co.uk/ there work and customer service is great and i don't think they are that bad for my old gsx 400 chop £110 that was recover sissy bar pad pillion seat and rider seat and all done while i waited
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Got my seats back today and fitted on to the bike .... not had chance to test on the road yet but it seems I've got the desired result of being more padded, slightly higher but sat further back in the seat.
Finish is black basket weave for the seat, grained black vinyl for the border and a cobalt blue piping which fits in well with the clouor scheme of the bike I think.
Hope to test fully at the weekend at which point I'll post up some pics for you.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi Mick glad to hear it's all turned out well Seat re'covering  3498837457
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:43 pm

smart wrote:
Hi Mick glad to hear it's all turned out well Seat re'covering  3498837457
Yeah mate, thanks for the advice re Tony Archer Seat re'covering  3498837457
Hopefully its turned out OK, proof will be when I've ridden it !
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:49 pm

If it's as good as the rear seat and sissy bar pad?, It should look good Mick Seat re'covering  2170595768
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Oh nice will look forward to the pics Seat re'covering  184121345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seat re'covering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat re'covering    Seat re'covering  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat re'covering
Page 1 of 1