Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips

Go down 
+9
captain crash
Bunso Steel
AmericanJambo
simbo
elsonico
Mr Intruder
alfie92
fat intruder
JasMK
13 posters
AuthorMessage
JasMK
JasMK

Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Empty
PostSubject: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:41 am

After seeing a set of black Roadburner pipes online http://www.roadburner.com/motorcycle-exhaust.php?rbID=43 I wanted them! But before I could get round to justifying the cost Mr. M800 put his set of pipes on here for sale so I figured I could do a DIY job on them and save some money. The pipes had been sawn down and fitted with small 6" baffles, so I bought some V&H Quiet baffles that fit perfectly but turned out to be LOUD baffles...
https://i.servimg.com/u/f30/12/00/12/16/pipes10.jpg However with a bit of light tickling with a large hammer the old baffles fit inside the V&H ones - double baffled!
Then I bought a chunk of aluminium off e-bay and dropped it into a local shop to turn into billet tips, they roughed them out and I finished them with wet and dry, wire wool and Mothers till they shone like chrome.
The local powder coater I've used did a shot blast job and ceramic paint job, not a perfect finish but close enough.
A matt black heat shield finished it off (but the jubilee clips need another coat of heat resistant paint) and stops me melting my trousers again...
Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips IMG_1814_zps12f03a1cIn the end I have the sexy pipes I wanted for about 20% more than the Roadburners! Doh! Just waiting for the grub screws to go into the holes I tapped in the tips to keep it all in place. Oh and some sunshine...
Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips IMG_1816_zps7d45198a
I will do a video after the road test so we can decide if they make the right noise or not, if not then I'm selling them and buying V&H Twin slash cuts staggered!
Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips IMG_1815_zpsbec4aa49
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:05 am

they look nice mate Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 428386
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:12 am

Look good them m8 good job.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:58 pm

They look bloody great, you must be well chuffed and to know they are a one off makes it even better. Love them Jas. Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 3322349030
Back to top Go down
elsonico
elsonico

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Could you get another picture a bit further away? From what I can see it looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
JasMK
JasMK

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah the photography's not great! 10:30 last night in the garage!, I will roll it out this evening and start it up too...
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:56 pm

They look terrific! Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 2170595768 Those tips really finish em off Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 102087026
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Those look fucking amazing! I want them!
Back to top Go down
JasMK
JasMK

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:44 pm

Better pic as promised Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips IMG_1852_zps25adbf3e
Back to top Go down
JasMK
JasMK

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:57 pm

It's getting that sleek look I wanted, not sure whether to lose the engine bars next...
Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips IMG_1851_zps3a68c7c5
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:54 pm

They look so so cool
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:50 pm

Yep, that's gorgeous. Totally convinced me that black is the way to go with my pipes.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Looks Superb! I'd keep the engine bars on and black them out.
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:43 pm

simbo wrote:
I say take the engine bars off and put on forward controls. But if he keeps them on then i agree that he should black them out too.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:29 pm

very cool, black is definately the new black
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips    Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Looking good Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 184121345 can't you have black bars & forward controls? Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 3492671266
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:06 pm

OMG they look friggin amazing, love them. Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 2170595768
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 pm

smart wrote:
Looking good Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 184121345 can't you have black bars & forward controls? Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 3492671266
Most forward controls won't work with crash bars/highway bars like that because the control levers hit them.
Back to top Go down
JasMK
JasMK

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:02 am

I won't be putting forward controls on, they just don't work for me (I must be too short at 5'8"!) and I'm happy with where the current pegs are - also I'm more into striping down not adding on.
Which is why I'm wondering about the bars, black is definitely an option I hadn't considered, I think the bike looks better without them but they would be less obvious in black. If the bike fell over they would stop some expensive damage but I'm hoping that's not going to happen. I was actually worried I might ground the bike on them round the MK roundabouts as the pegs are touching now - and pegs move up wheras bars don't!
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:37 am

These must be the first set of black pipes that I actually like...being the chrome addict as I am.

Good job mate.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:28 pm

simbo wrote:
compleetly agree with Sim go back wiv um bike lookin fukin wicked
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Must agree, black out them bars.
Back to top Go down
elsonico
elsonico

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:45 pm

love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!!
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 11:55 pm

YES! Bloody amazing!
Black the highway bars. Reminds me of Zorro. I don't know why. Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips 3203236809
Back to top Go down
JasMK
JasMK

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:32 am

Zorro!/ Uhm, not seeing it but I think the name suits, introducing the new Suzuki Zorro 800!

Right so black out the bars, I'm thinking matt black powder coating - or should I go for a black gloss paint finish... Hmm?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:39 pm

I'd go gloss black powder coat or paint, Then they'll blend in with the frame and look part of it, If you do them matt black they'll stand out and take the eye away from the exhaust.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Have to agree with Sim,plus easier to wipe clean.
Back to top Go down
JasMK
JasMK

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:55 am

I agree, will get on to it next week and show the results when finished
Back to top Go down
a4ebh
a4ebh

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Nice pipes Jason. Anybody tried those Road Burner 2.5in Street Pro's. How do they sound? I'd like average noise if possible and they look dam fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips   Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finished Black Pipes with Billet Tips
Page 1 of 1