Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50

Go down 
+4
Mr Intruder
captain crash
Badger
Farmboy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmboy

Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Empty
PostSubject: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Wondered if anyone saw this site from AME choppers

Boulevard chopper kits

...big looks for decent cash.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 pm

They look great, but I think I will pass on really long rakes for my bike,
considering the area where I live. Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 852880

Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Bwlchmov
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Farmboy wrote:
Wondered if anyone saw this site from AME choppers
Boulevard chopper kits
...big looks for decent cash.
Thanks for that one Farmboy, thats definately a link to keep. I would love a +9 Rake with an extra 4" of fork, and the price is definately not to be sneezed at.

.................................................................................

OMG Badger You live in a wonderfull place Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 pm

At those prices it has been added to my wish list.Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 433968

The +9 Rake with a 4" extended fork would keep the cruiser look quite nicely Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 3498837457

Badger, you got yourself a little slice of Heaven in your backyard, lucky you.
Back to top Go down
Prince 'O' Darkness
Prince 'O' Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:28 am

Afraid that's not for me. I'm very happy with the way my M800 handles, and I wouldn't want to cock it up. Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 89218 Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 89218 Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 89218
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Prince 'O' Darkness wrote:
Afraid that's not for me. I'm very happy with the way my M800 handles, and I wouldn't want to cock it up. Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 89218 Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 89218 Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 89218

Would it have a detrimental affect on handling?
Back to top Go down
Spike
Spike

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:52 pm

I would love one, but I don't think I will be able to afford anytime soon
Back to top Go down
Farmboy

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Actually, there's a sidebar on the left concerning rake and trail. Clears up a lot of how and why your motorcycle steers the way it does.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks but as much as I look I can't see it Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 17537562
Back to top Go down
Farmboy

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:09 pm

D'oh! Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 852880 Must be old age. Here's the site.

Rake & Trail explained
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 433968 I thought I was losing the plot, not that I ever really had one to lose Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 184121345
Ahhhh So it would seem if I have read that right that by adding one of those, even the smaller rake that I was looking at, it would actually stabilise the bikes steering.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:43 pm

That's the way I read it as well not that there is any issues with the steering to begin with.
I do think your right tho, that theThe +9 Rake with a 4" extended fork is the one to go for. It would keep the cruiser look without going to far down the chopper end of the spectrum
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:11 pm

I must be missing something here. I looked at all the Suzuki bikes in the Gallery and to me they look like nice bikes with a silly front wheel that doesn't seem to match the solid back end. I wonder if real choppers need to be designed and built from scratch. I think its perhaps the pushed out forks which look wrong. But that's just my opinion and probably those who do the conversion think they are the dog's whatsits. I like choppers but I think perhaps the Intruder is too chunky a bike to carry it off. I fancy slightly higher bars but probably would leave it there.

Just looked at them again and the 9 degree with the 4" tubes looks the best I agree.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Badger wrote:
They look great, but I think I will pass on really long rakes for my bike,
considering the area where I live. Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 852880

Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Bwlchmov

I live not that far from you - where the 'eck's that?
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:23 am

I agree with Bluesman on this one I'm not too blown away with the look these kits give the bike, a chopper is something that is built from scratch, not a road bike trying to be made to look like a chopper, this is of cause only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:16 am

I have been looking on that site at the pictures for the C800/C50 and as you will have noticed, sadly there is no picture for the 9 degree with the 4" tubes. However when studying the two pictures that they do have I think they are both pictures of the 18 degree rake and not of the 14 & 18 degree.
I also think that the bike with the mudguard that is on the picture that supposedly is the 14 degree rake as it is over it is a bad example, as in my opinion for what its worth, the moment you add any degree of rake the mudguard should go and white walls should be added.
I think if a proper picture of a 9 degree rake was displayed it may look a lot better than those pictures might lead one to believe…… Maybe!
Back to top Go down
Farmboy

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:42 pm

I personally think the front end is kicked out nicely as it is. I could consider 4" with minimal rake and a brief fender if I were going all out. One thing I did feel naive about was the rake/trail writeup for explaining that the wide(r) bars on different makes and models are more than a styling exercise. Not that I had really given it much thought, but I didn't really connect the two Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 61148 .
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Bluesman wrote:

I live not that far from you - where the 'eck's that?

Bwlch mountain road.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Badger wrote:
Bwlch
Bloody Hell man did you not learn to spell at school lol!
You better correct that quick or the Bluesman will be keeping you behind after lessons Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 2740622253
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 pm

captain crash wrote:
Badger wrote:
Bwlch
Bloody Hell man did you not learn to spell at school lol!
You better correct that quick or the Bluesman will be keeping you behind after lessons Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 2740622253

Ah the joys of Welsh - words without vowels, it's to confuse Englishmen when they visit so they might not come again! I'm English with a Welsh wife so it obviously did not deter me. When I arrived here to retire I first did some supply teaching in Swansea - making myself understood was not always easy because of the accent. Thankfully the lessons are in English - further west, all lessons are in Welsh even for English pupils and non lingo speaking teachers need not apply! Most locals don't mind too much if you speak Welsh or not as long as you support the rugby (and I don't mean Johnny Wilkinson's mob!!) Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 2650920580
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Very Happy

Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 DSCF0766
Back to top Go down
Prince 'O' Darkness
Prince 'O' Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Badger wrote:
Very Happy

Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 DSCF0766

That's not Welsh, it's the name of that plant. Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 215375 Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 852880 Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 852880 Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm

I think Badger speak's Klingon Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 2740622253
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 pm

'Klingon' is actually a clever mix of Welsh and Japanese. FACT.
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:11 am

Beam me up Scottie
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 am

Badger wrote:
'Klingon' is actually a clever mix of Welsh and Japanese. FACT.
Or possibly beam me up taffy Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 2650920580 ..... Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 3213823784
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50   Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic chopper styling kits for Suzuki C50
Page 1 of 1