Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tool roll bag

Go down 
+5
MarcinG
fat intruder
Bluesman
simbo
doobie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Guys,

What am I missing here?
Have I bought tool bag that's meant to go on the side of the bike instead of pannier or what?

The way the leather strips are positioned means that once mounted on the handlebar, during rain the water will creep up under the fold and right into the bag.

I'm confused.Tool roll bag 1337224149 

Tool roll bag IMAG6113_zps07c16bc8
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:35 pm

I've got one on the bars of mine and put all the stuff in a plastic bag to keep it dry
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:49 pm

sealable freezer bag you can get quite big ones
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Join the AA and bin it! it'll only scratch your bike anyway Tool roll bag 852880  Yep, a bag within the bag would work for keeping your tools dry, a couple of little holes in the bottom will let any water that gets inside drain away too.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 1:21 pm

I always have a tool bag on mine & guess what, it even has tools in sometimes. Tool roll bag 852880 
They are not designed to be a waterproof bag, just a holder. I even drilled a couple of small holes in the bottom of mine so that under heavy rainfall a puddle could not possibly form even temporarily.
I used to do Extreme white water kayaking and use a small dry bag that I have left over from those days to put my stuff in but a carrier would suffice.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:38 pm

C'mon Marcin, show use your fitted photo cause cruisers look great with tool rolls fitted Tool roll bag 184121345
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:33 pm

I fitted one a few weeks ago. Being under the headlight at the front it catches all the muck and needs cleaning after most rides. Useful for putting the make up in though :ggigle:  Tool roll bag 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:42 pm

If muck is collecting on a washable tool bag surely that is better than it sitting actually on the bike cause you might not of noticed it before but the same amount of crap was flying towards the same point on the bike in the same area but sitting where it wasn't noticed but could potentially cause a long term issue because it wasn't noticed.
Just my three penneth worth.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:09 pm

captain crash wrote:
If muck is collecting on a washable tool bag surely that is better than it sitting actually on the bike cause you might not of noticed it before but the same amount of crap was flying towards the same point on the bike in the same area but sitting where it wasn't noticed but could potentially cause a long term issue because it wasn't noticed.
Just my three penneth worth.
True but leather and stitching is harder to clean than metal. Still, like you say it protects the bike so there is that. I think it also pushes a little wind over the top. My main reason for getting one though was not to have to put on my saddle-bags for small amounts of luggage nor pad out my pockets either. Mine just about fits a big can of WD40 which is a common sort of errand for me!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Good to have a place for storage of things like that and just generally to pop something rather than have bulging pockets Tool roll bag 184121345
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:18 pm

with a hole at one of the ends it would take a bottle of rum no probs Tool roll bag 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Never had an issue with my tool roll getting noticeably dirty but mine is just above the headlight.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:15 pm

Here's mine:
 Tool roll bag B_zps253bdcbd
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:33 pm

I am thinking of fitting one to the left side swing arm frame ( if it will fit) so if anyone has time to take a few pics of it strapped to the swing arm so I can see what it looks like then that would be great.

Cheers,

Jim.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:37 pm

I should be able to do that tomorrow Jim.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 9:46 pm

MarcinG wrote:
I should be able to do that tomorrow Jim.
Cheers Marcin, look forward to it.

Jim.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 pm

As promised

I don't think it looks OK... mounting is a bit of an issue.
Tool roll bag IMAG6129_zps611c31fb

I tried in front
Tool roll bag IMAG6131_zps66534759

Tool roll bag IMAG6132_zps6ddc6b84

But decided that for now it'll sit comfortably at the back.
Tool roll bag IMAG6133_zps9b701eda
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:01 pm

For me personally I like it just above the headlight but it definitely works & looks very good where you have it.  Tool roll bag 3498837457

I see you did try it just above the front mudguard, I did that when I first had mine but the movement of the forks will cause it to rub & leave marks on top of the guard. I only did 5 miles with it there & to be honest it was 5 miles to far.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:12 pm

I did like it above headlight but it was a huge squeeze with the cables and it didn't look that good.
Might try again.

Under headlight...yeah, took me a second to realize that as soon as I hit a bump (or even sit down) the forks will go down and rubbing will commence.

So back it is for now.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Just make sure it is not sat on the plastic at the rear either, It will not be as bad as the front forks forcing it down but with movement & vibration, will rub and mark it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:32 pm

I like the look on the back and front, nice one  Tool roll bag 184121345
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks for trying it on the swing arm for me Marcin, as you say it don't look right and with mounting being an issue I will give it a miss.
Cheers,
Jim.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Marcin I just took mine off and cleaned it, first time ever actually doing it properly. The liquid shoe polish that we have is ace for making it look like new once again.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:49 pm

I like that on the back. very clever bit of lateral thinking !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tool roll bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tool roll bag   Tool roll bag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tool roll bag
Page 1 of 1