Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My VL8 Has been Treated today

Go down 
+5
Mr Intruder
simbo
stingray
captain crash
Iaan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Iaan
Iaan

My VL8 Has been Treated today Empty
PostSubject: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Well i got on the infamous Bidding site that begins with  My VL8 Has been Treated today 3733855290 and Purchased a new set of Pannier Bars, Saddlebags and the correct Sissy bar complete with rack, got to be done for Camping eh ! As and when parts arrive i'll update with pics. All that'll leave me to sort out is the Screen then I think i''m pretty much Fully Dressed.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Glad your going to take your girl out fully dressed  My VL8 Has been Treated today 852880  Looking forward to the update  My VL8 Has been Treated today 3498837457
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:50 pm

My VL8 Has been Treated today 3498837457  Sounds good Ian, I'm looking forward to the pics  My VL8 Has been Treated today 256401
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:48 pm

It's not quite a Bike modification as such but also built her a nice new shelter to sit under ! will get some better pics tomorrow.

My VL8 Has been Treated today Bikeshelter001_zps1686892d
My VL8 Has been Treated today Bikeshelter002_zps775b1b35

Shelter has been extended at the front to she has 12' X 5' of covering above her !
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Nice job Ian  My VL8 Has been Treated today 3498837457  I hope you give her a hot water bottle in winter  My VL8 Has been Treated today 852880  Looking forward to your updated modding pics  My VL8 Has been Treated today 3005623951
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:38 am

Nice one Ian, nothing better to treat to a few gifts. The bike gets better & better & you get the benefit.  My VL8 Has been Treated today 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Cheers Guys ! Had notification of despatch of the Leather Panniers  today so should be here Thursday, Can't fit them till the Support bars get here sometime next week but will post pics of them in situ on the Bike ( which by the way hasn't been named yet ! )
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Iaan wrote:
 Bike ( which by the way hasn't been named yet ! )

The bike with No Name!  affraid
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Sounds like a Clint Eastwood film to me so "Clint" it is !  lol!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 pm

Iaan wrote:
Sounds like a Clint Eastwood film to me so "Clint" it is !  lol!

Clintruder?
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Nice !  oyili
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 am

Hope your nuts and bolts don't come every which way but loose

My VL8 Has been Treated today 70814-5834
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:12 am

What else could you do ...... for a few $s more ?
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Truders, GOOD, not BAD & certainly not UGLY My VL8 Has been Treated today 3498837457
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:29 pm

& it will defo make your day  My VL8 Has been Treated today 696333
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:33 pm

lol ! keep 'em coming eh lads ! on a serious note, just got back in from a trip down to Kent and what's lying on my doorstep ? Yep a missed parcel Note by My Hermes and it'll only be one thing and that's my new Leather Panniers ! Got to wait till Monday now for re delivery.  Bummer !
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:47 pm

smart wrote:
& it will defo make your day  My VL8 Has been Treated today 696333

Will it? Well! will it? punk! ......... sorry, couldn't resist lol I watched it last night (again)  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:58 pm

Well as i been sitting in all that glorious sunshine yesterday, i most certainly couldn't be Called " The Pale Rider " !
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Well a few parts were waiting for me when I got home from work today.

My VL8 Has been Treated today Mix011_zpsc1fe4f8b

My VL8 Has been Treated today Mix013_zps5e9660a5

My VL8 Has been Treated today Mix012_zpsa7e16b4f

Still waiting on the Pannier Bars so they'll have to wait to be fitted. Had a Gunstock to finish this afternoon ( Another Hobby I make and sell Gun stocks for Crosman brand of air rifles ! ) but in between I managed to get the New Sissy Bar & Rack fitted.

Before:

My VL8 Has been Treated today Mix014_zpsd17b7562

My VL8 Has been Treated today Mix015_zps30d92c20

And After:

My VL8 Has been Treated today Mix017_zps4c339a66

Will update as Panniers are fitted !
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

Bling Bling! Nice goodies  My VL8 Has been Treated today 184121345 Sissy bar and rack looks much better  My VL8 Has been Treated today 2170595768 
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Very smart mate. Did you pack out between the sissy bar rail and the fender rail, or just have them a snug fit....? I'm sure there's no wrong of right way, just interested Wink

Last edited by bigmal on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:16 pm

What an imporvment on the mod done with the sissy bar  lgd 
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Cheers Guys, yes big improvement to what it was ! @bigmal, due to the way the previous sissy Bar had been fitted the Fender rail has some rust Pitting on them so just fitted direct !
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 pm

........ in all the confusion ..... I kinda forgot how many parcels I ordered .....

......do ya feel lucky ?  ...... Go ahead delivery man ...... Make my day !!!
 lol! 

Looks like you got it all Ian  lgd
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Got the Panniers on this afternoon, still waiting on the Pannier Bars to arrive but for now here she is ! ( Just polished too ! )

My VL8 Has been Treated today Panniers010_zpsbbc2153e

Do you think they should be sitting higher ? turned the rear Floorboards also as the were sitting under the panniers, the Mrs now has a bit more comfort under foot.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 pm

all I would say is watch your clearance on the exhaust side, so the heat doesn't damage them . On mine I rested a piece of probably 2" thick wood on the exhaust then used that as a spacer to set the height. Don't  think there's any hard and fast rule! Looks good  My VL8 Has been Treated today 2170595768
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Nice panniers Ian, Bikes looking sweet!  My VL8 Has been Treated today 184121345
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:44 pm

Cheers Guys, Yeah was a little concerned about the exhaust heat ! think i'll re tie them so the sit up a little further away from the heat !
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:03 am

My VL8 Has been Treated today 3498837457 Ian the bikes looking really good m8  My VL8 Has been Treated today 102087026 , panniers & sissy bar look the mutts nuts My VL8 Has been Treated today 65147
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Ian on my Intruder I have large bags similar to yours & put some engine bay heat resistant stick on matting underneath but the heat still got through & warped the internal stiffening plastic board so much that some tie wraps I had in there melted to the plastic!  My VL8 Has been Treated today 2516569736 
The only thing I could do was to tie them up a lot higher away from the silencer but it still sags towards the pipe. I was unsure what to do but now I'm away from our holiday periods I may alter the alloy 'hangers' I put on the back of the bags lower so it keeps them up higher than now so that's a simple job & a bit of tape will seal the small holes in the bags.
I would suggest probably making some simple alloy 'Z' brackets to fix to the rear of the bags to stop them hanging into the brackets too heavily as I have done. 
I used some 1-1/2mm thick by 50mm wide by aprox' 60mm deep alloy sheet simply bent at 90 degree angles per 20mm & a strip inside of 50mm by 30mm & drilled through the bags & pop riveted the parts together with some rubber strips glued inside so they don't mark the hanger rails. I put one at the front, one at the bottom & one at the rear. I put the bags on without the seat & with a marker pen marked the inside rail onto the bags so I had an idea of where to put the brackets once made up & painted black.
I do have 'square' rails by the way & have to twist the bags to release them when needed to take them off but it is not a problem once you realise how it works.
Took me an hour or so to do but they ensure the bags don't escape if they should come unzipped/laced & are'nt seen from the outside at all, simple & cost me nothing except my time & ingenuity to do it, simple's!!!
I think something similar has been done before & may be on the 'done to my bike' section somewhere so if it is then I apologise for repeating how I did mine ok.
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:41 am

Thanks for the comments Guys ! Peter I'll take note of what you've said and keep a close eye on the right hand pannier. mine do have Tie down straps on the rear of the Panniers but if required will look into your suggestion ! My Bars are of the " Round Bar ! type so my be able to just bend if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:07 am

Just to add, purchased some " Shiney ! for the H/Bar cables. Need to get some larger Diameter for the Brake line ect.

My VL8 Has been Treated today CablesStock001_zps8c759ad7
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:31 am

Bling Bling! looks good  My VL8 Has been Treated today 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:55 am

Way Hey ! Pannier Bars have just arrived from China !  My VL8 Has been Treated today 123721 Pics will be up shortly !
Back to top Go down
Iaan
Iaan

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Not really much to see but.

My VL8 Has been Treated today Bars001_zps47ea4fca

My VL8 Has been Treated today Bars002_zpsa98a7611

And with the panniers fitted at their highest have Appx 3 1/2"

My VL8 Has been Treated today Bars003_zpse1e7545b
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:14 pm

My VL8 Has been Treated today 2170595768  Ian,  My VL8 Has been Treated today 102087026
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Loverley  lookin ....  lgd
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Ian my bars are also round but are of a square design I meant to say sorry.   My VL8 Has been Treated today 474255 
Your bags will have no problems at the height you have them though where as mine may be deeper possibly?  My VL8 Has been Treated today 56357
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:15 am

Your bike is looking really good, nice add ons to it making it really stand out  oyili
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My VL8 Has been Treated today   My VL8 Has been Treated today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My VL8 Has been Treated today
Page 1 of 1