Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just ordered new brake pads.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

Just ordered new brake pads. Empty
PostSubject: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:23 pm

Not sure what pads the vx had got fitted but I thought the brakes were a bit crap so I have been looking at options, decided to go for EBC Vee-Pads front and rear - tag lines are:

• Made with new technology semi sintered processing for longer life (similar to sintered)
  • Superb stopping power and an ideal upgrade for heavy touring bikes and earlier classic bikes
  • Earlier classic bikes lacked stopping power being fitted with out-dated technology low friction rated materials. Simply changing to the new Vee-Pads™ is like adding a brake booster on these classics, much better braking and lifetime

Have just ordered them from SportsBikeShop, £35.65 for both sets (front & rear) delivered.

I will report back when I have fitted them, but I will also be changing the fluid as well at the same time. She has braded hoses already fitted which is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:39 pm

That seems good, will look forward to your personal review.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 8:58 pm

Good pads EBC  Just ordered new brake pads. 3498837457 I'm confident you'll give a good review, Sportsbikeshop is a good web retailer too, they give a 1st class service and you can track your delivery to within 15 mins of delivery so you're not waiting around all day.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 10:55 pm

Sportsbikeshop is just up the road from me in Boston. Most of my gear has come from them. Great bunch of people, they have a shop onsite so that you can try stuff on which is fantastic, I normally see James. I cannot rate them highly enough.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:08 pm

Not getting on to well, Sportsbikeshop's suppliers have let them down so no brake pads yet. Looks like the 'Vee'  pads are a little hard to get hold off. So what about the HH rated ones, anyone got any experience with them?, I am not fussed about how long they last, I just want maximum stopping power. My other bike has twin front disc's and stops so much better even if it is 9 years older??
So do I get the HH ones or go for another brand?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi Andrew, I fitted the HH ones to my C800 earlier in the year and they're much better than stock.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 11:18 am

Just cancelled my order for the 'V' pads and gone for EBC HH instead.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Fitted the pads this morning, I also changed the fluid and gave everything a good clean. Boy what a difference Just ordered new brake pads. 3498837457

If you need pads, I would recommend you get EBC Double H's.

Any excuse to go for a ride and as I needed to bed the pads in, I had a ride to Kings Lynn and had a chat and a cuppa and then came home again, lovely ride out.

Last edited by v-twin on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Good news  Just ordered new brake pads. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 pm

Good to read. Just ordered new brake pads. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Thats the pads I'll be looking for then for my C800lo in the near future & a set of s/s brake lines also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just ordered new brake pads.   Just ordered new brake pads. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just ordered new brake pads.
Page 1 of 1