Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've ordered a new Top Box

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

I've ordered a new Top Box Empty
PostSubject: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 12:51 pm

After a couple of months of going round in circles, I have finally done it, I've ordered a new top box.

I have a Givi Monolock plate on the bike and a small 28'ish litre top box which is ok but will only take my helmet (at a push now that I have an intercom mounted on it), so I thought I would get a bigger one to fit the existing plate. But then again, I could change the plate and go for a Monokey system which is stronger etc or I could get a different make such as Shad who also make some decent kit as well.

I liked the idea of the Monokey, but to get the box and plate was going to be over £200 and I cannot justify it as I have just ordered a new Roller Garage Door. The Shad would have been about £150 but then I would not be able to use my small topbox if I wanted to. So I stuck to the original plan and got another Monolock.

Decisions, decisions!! Givi or Kappa??? I looked at them both and decided I liked the look of the Givi the best, the contenders were:

The Givi E470 Simply III Tech
I've ordered a new Top Box E470NT

The Givi B47 Blade Tech
I've ordered a new Top Box B47NT

The Kappa K46 Tech
I've ordered a new Top Box K46NT

And the Kappa K47 Manta Tech
I've ordered a new Top Box K47NT%20TRE%20QUARTI

I decided on the Givi B47 Blade in the end, most places have it listed for between £140 - £150 but I ended up ordering it from Spain from a company called Motocard (who seem to have a decent feedback from what I have seen) for £110.01 delivered, I have now just to wait for it to turn up.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 2:55 pm

Did you actually get my e-mail or not as you never said Andrew as you only said you did not get my 1st e-mail to you???
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Peter. No I never got it at all. Is Rosie ok now?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Yes Rosie is ok now thanks. wish you had let me know you did not get my mail though as it left here ok. Too late now anyway.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 3:54 pm

Nice box! I have one similar  Wink
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 4:27 pm

Ah, but yours is a Monokey and smaller, but still very special.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 6:19 pm

v-twin wrote:
Ah, but yours is a Monokey and smaller, but still very special.

I've ordered a new Top Box 1005630010  I've just been looking at the Givi site  Suspect  and the Mononkey is rated at 10KG and the Monolock is 3KG  I've ordered a new Top Box 4231872003 I've used both kinds and wouldn't say the Monokey was any better with the way it fixes to the plate or the materials more substantial? I've definitely had more than 3KG in the E370 on numerous occasions without any problems at all.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 7:25 pm

I've never understood the weight limits between the box's either, I suppose it could be more to do with the mounting brackets/frame that are fitted to the bike than the actual box itself.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:11 pm

I like the box. I've ordered a new Top Box 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've ordered a new Top Box   I've ordered a new Top Box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've ordered a new Top Box
Page 1 of 1