Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dual headlights and new signal indicators.

Go down 
+3
simbo
smart
DocSjulle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Empty
PostSubject: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:32 pm

I have nearly finished the rear fender setup, and while waiting for the new rear lights, I decided to get the dual headlight and front indicator mounted.

I got some nice aluminium clamps for the fork from louis mc shop, and made some small brackets from stainless steel.
The original plan was to make some small angle brackets, and I made some mockups in cardboard.

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_104

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_105

But I did not like the angled part, and that the clamp screw was on the side of the fork.
So I decided to rotate the clamps 90 degress and mount a straight bracket between the two clamp parts.

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_106

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_107

It´s much cleaner looking and have the added benefit, that I now have a free screw in each clamp, meaning I can rotate them 180 degress and use the screw for a potential future screen mount.

I also needed to refit the wires from the original headlight to the left side neckcover.

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_108

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_109

I also didn´t like the matt black finish of the headlights, and sprayed them a couple of times with clear lacquer, and wetsanding in between layers.

The indicators are also from the louis mc shop, and are Xenolen LED Rocket paired with a new indicator relay.

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_110

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_111

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. IMAGE_112
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:36 pm

That looks great Kim Dual headlights and new signal indicators. 2170595768
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:46 pm

wow Dual headlights and new signal indicators. 2170595768 That looks the dogs  dogsbDual headlights and new signal indicators. 102087026 Nice job Kim  Dual headlights and new signal indicators. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 7:21 am

That looks so very good, the headlights really fit the look of the bike so much better. I would be giving myself a big pat on the back if I was you, great job well done. Dual headlights and new signal indicators. 2645662097 Dual headlights and new signal indicators. 276246
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 9:34 am

Looks fantastic, well executed and explained.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Looks good Kim! Well done.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 3:35 pm

What's the legality with twin head lights. Are you allowed them both on at once? Or is the EU having its say?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 3:37 pm

No problem with dual lamps at all from what I understand.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Just wondering as all the sport bikes with twins only have one lit up cause of Mr EU knob
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 4:13 pm

First of all in the UK no lights are required for a daylight MOT, so Europe has not got us under their wing just yet.The following is all that is said of the lights where fitted in the MOT check list in the UK. Nothing is mentioned regarding the number of lights used.

Headlight:

Must be free of chips or cracks
Headlight must work on main and dip beam
Main beam must shine directly ahead and the dip slightly lower and to the left.
Back to top Go down
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:18 pm

The headlight is bought here in DK, and is E marked, so it should be legal.

This is the info from the seller:

Biltema declaration of Conformity
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
No problem with dual lamps at all from what I understand.

Dual headlights and new signal indicators. 428386 My R1 had dual headlights and so did my SV1000s , both on all the time.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Cool thats good to know. For some reason i thought that you was only allowed to have one headlight on.
Think i was told that this was an Eu rule. Obviously im talking out of my hoop, which is not un common for me.. Dual headlights and new signal indicators. 804997
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual headlights and new signal indicators.   Dual headlights and new signal indicators. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dual headlights and new signal indicators.
Page 1 of 1