Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod

Go down 
+7
captain crash
alfie92
simbo
fat intruder
Mr Intruder
customerlin
Proudtexson
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Empty
PostSubject: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:52 am

Progress. On my spotlight install. 
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 45C490D0-68C9-4510-8E94-64E295869B24_zpsgju6wklz
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod A74A4DD6-5339-47A6-9ED1-E1DDEDB3DF43_zpshm8qvtjo
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 0AC48B46-5DF5-43C5-BA3C-B5117CE1BFFB_zpsufcj4vjw
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 6BD435A2-844C-49A2-AA6E-DACEFC3637A7_zpsnhpvktcf
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Spotlight Modification Install Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 7:42 am

I Like this Fog Lights, they are much beautiful because they are in a bullet shape
The way you make the support is very good, I think you have space to install a Fairing in the future because the lights are separated from the bike
It is very cool!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:59 am

Excellent modification being done Tex, very solid. Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 2170595768
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:10 am

my worst nightmare loads of wires spilling out everywhere help I hate wires and electrics Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 852880
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:46 am

fat intruder wrote:
my worst nightmare loads of wires spilling out everywhere help I hate wires and electrics Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 852880

It doesn't bite... only shocks!
LOL
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 11:04 am

They look Great Tex  Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 2170595768 Post a photo when you get the Bat Wing back on  Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 11:44 am

fat intruder wrote:

That's not loads of wires, Tex has it very tidy when you consider he has extras installed. I will have to post pictures of my light bucket some time, I have to be careful when closing mine. Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 852880
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:44 pm

EWhen I get finished the relay will be sucured  with the bottom bolt of the bucket. I may shorten some of the wiring. Having to work on it when I can. My building isn't heated. Freezing rain today so probably not today.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Looking good Tex.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 4:12 pm

That looks like a good job being done there Tex Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 184121345
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 11:35 pm

Very good Sir.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:34 am

Mr Intruder wrote:
fat intruder wrote:

That's not loads of wires, Tex has it very tidy when you consider he has extras installed. I will have to post pictures of my light bucket some time, I have to be careful when closing mine. Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 852880

looks like I might be asking to pay you a visit if I ever need to do any electrical stuff to me bike two hands are better than one and if it's electrical my hands are better left well away from it hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:03 pm

I have not been able to work on completing this job. Hasn't been above freezing for 4 days now. Major ice and my building where keep my bike isn't heated. I have been looking around and found these lights. May consider replacing mine with these later. Same light with different bulbs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Custom-Bullet-Motorcycle-Passing-Spot-Fog-Light-COB-LED-Angel-Eye-Headlight-/171561442475?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27f1dbdcab
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:08 pm

I don't know how will they work, because the COB is decorative and the instructions don't talk about Lumens (Lighting Power) of the center light

You can see how a Power Led work (20W light power, 1550 Lumens)

This one are expensive as are designed for trucks (I think so) but you can have an idea of the lumens power

Rigid Industries Duallys

Anyway, they not need a relay to connect the headlight aux connector because they are 20W each, so the current is only 3,5 Amps for both
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:59 pm

What do you think?
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 6A93FEB6-7E56-4E2E-998C-76F568639B49_zpsvfjhrkta

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 35BEBC6C-2164-45CE-8706-6B95F3F67FD9_zpssk1q6inj

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 7807626E-709F-4020-9705-7FAF5AE79098_zpsinmddftk

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 44492C4D-4B8B-4295-8459-4C18E0BCE1F8_zpsujollsbf

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod DB7150DD-3E61-49A4-96B8-A2E21C3832D7_zps6mekuo7l
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:05 pm

looks good tex nice job Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 184121345
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:06 pm

I think? Yes! Nice neat job there Tex  Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 2170595768  They do look smart! they fit in with the turn signals nicely  Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:09 pm

I think it will look better when i get the fairing back on. I plan on changing the antifreeze while I have the tank off.
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:31 am

Old Style!!
Not much visibility but anyway nice looking
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:22 pm

What does that mean. Old style.
 I am thinking I need to move them inboard some. Maybe cut the spacer in half. I will put the fairing on and see how it looks. 
The wide gives more daytime visibility I think.

Last edited by Proudtexson on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:35 pm

I'm guessing old style  as in the old HD's and the like from bygone years although plenty of bikes still have this style of lighting up front it started a long time ago
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:15 pm

I think it is a classic style in custom, I like novelties in spite of my bike is a C800... old style model!
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 2215087486 yeh what he said lol
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:20 pm

Looking very good Sir, very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Since I don't do much night riding I really wanted these for daytime visibility. I plan to install the Silverstar Ultra Bulb for night riding. If all else fails I will get some Grote's. glasses
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Looking good. Glad to see a blanket keeping her warm, a man after my own heart. Gotta look after your baby.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Looking good. Glad to see a blanket keeping her warm, a man after my own heart. Gotta look after your baby.  Very Happy
I have several of those Indian blankets. Come in handy. I keep one in my Pickup all winter.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:46 pm

see what you think when you get your fairing back on but yes might look a little better with the indicators brought in a little, looks good how it is though Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 10:47 pm

I put my fairing back on today but I forgot to take my phone to take a Pic. the way my lowers and fairing fits the lights have to stay out that far. I am thinking maybe I redo the signals so they are in line straight under spotlights, then that might make the spots out of place. Just have to try it and see.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 12:20 am

Well I made a decision. Nail it and ride. Pics when I get it all back together.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod B894ABE4-A2D8-4A51-A8F0-35D2033FFB00_zpsj51mq8hy

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 4D14A1BC-7315-40D4-817B-87872F3516B2_zps7voywete

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 3A3091CA-A469-480E-A6A6-2D31E9A9E567_zpsdlvd50n8
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 8:17 pm

oyili  Nice job there Tex!  Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 9:09 pm

LOOKING WELL GOOD. ilis
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 am

looks really nice Tex maybe the indicators with shorter stems, clear lenses for the indicators?
but all in all what a great job you have done Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 3498837457
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:36 am

It looks good!
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 12:45 pm

Morgan I am with you on the indicators. I really would like them moved in. I will do something about that. I have some ideas floating around in my head. 
 My building is not heated and it has been unusually cold for Texas. When it warms so one of those ideas pops out I will do something.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:33 pm

don't blame you Tex nothing worse that trying to do stuff when your cold especially when your hands/fingers are cold and your trying to do fiddly bits and bobs  what you've done looks great though Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

I like the position of the indicators Tex, If anything I'd possibly go wider, My reason being, they're just outside the glare of the spotlights to give them a chance of visibility whilst the spots are on, I feel that if they were closer together, they wouldn't be as noticeable when the headlight and spots were on due to them being not as bright and getting lost in the glare of the brighter lights to other motorists.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:13 pm

To to mix things a bit Tex,why not get some led flashing led strips (orange) and place them on your batwing as indicators,the black background will certainly show them up.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 12:43 am

alfie92 wrote:
To to mix things a bit Tex,why not get some led flashing led strips (orange) and place them on your batwing as indicators,the black background will certainly show them up.
Alfie that is certainly something to think about. Thanks for the suggestion. Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 433968
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Cheers Tex.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 7:57 pm

Updated Driving lights. The Cheap china lights didn't last Long. Could not find any bulbs to match.
 Replaced them with a Grote 35 watt seal beam light.

Old China Lights
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod B894ABE4-A2D8-4A51-A8F0-35D2033FFB00_zpsj51mq8hy
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod D81CC324-5044-4228-B7D7-059E7D50FCF5_zpsefwssbcz

New lights
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Image_zpsb34kuynl
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Image_zps7htbxfba
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Image_zpskbz3j3pr
Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Image_zpsame5akbr
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 pm

They look good! they look brighter than the old ones too  Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 2170595768
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 8:41 am

Not bad for been incandescent!!
The problem using relays is that you need a powerfull battery if you want to add some more accesories
But as you said before, don't need much lightning because you don't usually ride at night
I supposed you have a bad experience with cheap China's fog lights because they where really bad, but you know everything is made in China now, quality just increase the price
Enjoy your Trike and ride safe!!
Saludos
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 9:17 am

Looks a lot better now Tex!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 2170595768  Bubba Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod 3005623951 !

Thinking of mounting some spots on mine but unsure whether to put them on the crash bars or fabricate brackets from the existing indicator mounts. Plenty of other mods to do though before I get to that stage
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Nice modification.
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 2:36 pm

NTA
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 9:51 pm

hawktheslayer wrote:
NTA
wagg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod   Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotlight Lightbar Modification Mod
Page 1 of 1