Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speedometer

Go down 
+7
hawktheslayer
peardrop3
simbo
bigmal
OldManYam
v-twin
syamrm
11 posters
AuthorMessage
syamrm
Prospect
syamrm

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Hi all,

My bike is from Dubai and thus reads Kmph and for the UK i need to get it to read in mph. My options are I get some form of converter and change the face or put some stickers on the existing one or get a second hand speedo (new one costs £380!). Any advise?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:06 pm

My VX800 was imported from Switzerland and the previous owner fitted something similar to this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motrax-Mechanical-Speedo-Cable-Converter-KPH-to-MPH-Speedo-NEW-FREEPOST-/191599573976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9c397bd8
It works a treat, all I have is a mph sticker on the dial glass over the kmh one.
Back to top Go down
syamrm
Prospect
syamrm

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:23 pm

hmmm... not sure that works for mine.. Intruder 800C 2012. Any videos on how this is connected mate?
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi Syamrm

The device Andrew posted is basically a miniature gearbox that corrects the difference between KM & MPH. If you have a cable driven speedo it should work, you just undo the speedo cable at the rear of the speedo, screw the gearbox onto the rear of the speedo, then put the speedo cable back into the gearbox you've just fitted. These are a popular low cost solution ..... otherwise you could look out for a second hand speedo.

Cheers   Speedometer 3005623951    Yam
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 pm

I would try the little adapter first! I had an electronic fault on my speedo, and it was going to cost around £80 for a second hand one of unknown quality off eBay! 

(Fortunately a clever man repaired it, but that's another story).

Good luck whatever you go for.
Back to top Go down
syamrm
Prospect
syamrm

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:22 am

The intruder comes with a speed sensor and a cable out from there, so, i guess this is not an option :(
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 am

Didn't azcam have the same issue and a new speedo face off Marcin worked from memory? I'll have a look later.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:47 am

try looking for marcin on here in the sections as he does speedo faces & that can be a simple fix for the time being.
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:08 am

The speedo moves the same distance around the dial, so long as the correct mph in the correct place then it will work fine, marcin face or ask 2jobmick where he got his American one from.
Back to top Go down
syamrm
Prospect
syamrm

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks guys.. let me try and find marcin or 2jobmick
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Give this guy an email, he'll sort you out with a speedo face converted to mph from kmh  Speedometer 3498837457
http://www.maraggiecustoms.com/
Back to top Go down
syamrm
Prospect
syamrm

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Thank you, just sent him a note. Hopefully he can sort it out. Tempted to put something fancy, but will leave that for after the registration. Maybe the "big titties" he had in his FAQ would be a candidate! LOL
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:00 pm

syamrm wrote:
Thanks guys.. let me try and find marcin or 2jobmick
I have a mph speedo face that you can have for nothing mate. Please just drop me a PM with your address and I'll send it on ( when I find it ! )

It's the old one off my bike, not a stock face as it doesn't have the kph increments in orange but it will display mph correctly. 
The only issue then is that your odometer will still be recording kilometres, not miles, just bear that in mind
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:09 am

I posted this in your other thread, but it won't hurt to post it here as well.

As it's wire driven, rather than cable driven, you use this Speedo-Healer.  Otherwise, a replacement, re-calibrated speedo face from somewhere like Clocks 'N Dials.  As Justin said, the needle will still move around the dial at the same speed, so the mph markings will need to further apart than on a standard mph dial, as the speedo will still think it's displaying a kph reading.
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 4:26 pm

With Mick's speedo face ,needle position will still be correct as although the numbers for mph and kph are in different positions on clock the needle will still indicate the true speed regardless but his total milage will appear to go up faster as it will still be counting in km...
Back to top Go down
syamrm
Prospect
syamrm

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks to everyone. Marcin sorted me out:) Next step SVA test! Wish I had 48 hours a day!!!

Very HappySpeedometer Speedo11
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Damn good man that Marcin  wagg
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:28 pm

That looks just the job
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Looks well, good luck with the test, I'm sure everything will be fine  Speedometer 3498837457
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Good lad Marcin wagg Speedometer 2170595768 lgd
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:47 pm

What a great job.... Looks very factory...
Back to top Go down
syamrm
Prospect
syamrm

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Alright gents... DAS passsed.. so ready to be on the road. SVA test tomorrow at Leighton Buzzard... all in all total cost so far is aroun £900! Registration pending.. hope the sun stays out till its all done! Fingers, hands, toes, legs and eyes crossed!:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer   Speedometer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedometer
Page 1 of 1