Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue light is illuminating?

Go down 
+5
Mr Intruder
hmac
v-twin
simbo
dougr1411
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dougr1411
dougr1411

Blue light is illuminating? Empty
PostSubject: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 5:00 pm

haven't got a manual that clearly tells me what the lights on the dash are for so can anyone tell me please as the blue light is illuminating but coolant level is ok and oil level is ok . so can you please tell me what these lights are ?,
thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 5:02 pm

High Beam?
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 5:04 pm

it's not the high beam one I should say to the left of high beam its bluey white
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Is your's like these clocks?
Blue light is illuminating? Marauder%20clock_zps7ahzyzvl
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 6:00 pm

yes and the light in question is to the left of the green  nuteral light
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 7:18 pm

I haven't the faintest idea then sorry, there shouldn't be another light from what I can see, have you traced the wires to see where they go? maybe it's an aftermarket light been fitted? 
Blue light is illuminating? Maraud_zpsd9kdmzm8
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 7:35 pm

i'll try that next simbo , thanks for trying
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Have you got a photo? Is it illuminated all the time? Does it flash? What happens when you turn on the ignition? Does it look like all the other lamps or is it different? Sorry for the questions.
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 pm

i'll go out and take a photo of it , Andrew
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 8:36 pm

I can't get the picture to load ,,,,,, it is small white /blue  round neutral  then main beam then a small red light  if that helps
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 8:42 pm

You have mail.
Back to top Go down
hmac
hmac

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Here's the picture Doug posted on Facebook
I'm pretty sure that that light is not standard, I have a 97 Marauder and it only has high beam and indicator lights there. Must be something previous owner has done, maybe had cruise lights or an alarm fitted.

Blue light is illuminating? 11800220_10153499705761112_4114786791100292969_n

Last edited by hmac on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:12 pm

thanks harry , I'm glad someone can operate this computing lol my bike is a 2000 model usa import
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:27 pm

The Three smaller ones are aftermarket ones, they could be wired to anything? probably just to let you know something is switched on or has power to it? you'd have to trace the wiring to find why it's illuminated? I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:33 pm

They look aftermarket to me as well, could be for a alarm, DRL's or one could even be a tri-colour led that indicates voltage (charge state). Who knows!!
Time to get to know your bike intimately I think :)
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 pm

thanks guys i'll have a look tomorrow and start tracing wires Argh nightmare lol
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 pm

well guys you were right , these are aftermarket  lights fitted to replace the temp  and oil lights , thank you all for your imput
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 4:38 pm

update on my marauder , mot today failed on a bates headlight and speedo not showing dual mph/kph   tried to argue the point we are in the uk but no eu rules state must be shown in dual mph/kph  ARGH
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:05 pm

What a twat, use another MOT Station. My MOTer would not fail it, nor should he. He has no right to fail it Blue light is illuminating? 437349

Every motorcycle first used on or after 1 April 1984 and capable of more than 25 mph must have a speedometer which reads in both miles per hour and kilometres per hour either simultaneously or separately by the use of a switch. However the MOT does not test or require a speedo for a certificate to be issued. The speedo is a legal requirment but not for the MOT. 

I would be so fucked off that happened to me, I would be demanding to know where in law it gives him the right to fail me, before demanding my money back.
Blue light is illuminating? 2917598063
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:14 pm

over here in northern Ireland dave the only place you can get an mot done is a government testing stn ,
he stated that after 1998 it must read in both mph and kph my argument then was ffs  we are in the uk in which uses mph so I'm sure as its mph in the uk you cannot fail it on that he said its failed end of ,,,I'm taking it up with his boss on Monday , the headlight I'm replacing with a uk legal one from deamon tweaks , as the one on the bike at moment came with the bike from the usa , but passed in pool last year so as you say I am fucked off to say the least
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Try to find Marcin on here as he does speedo faces or PM me & I'll try to connect you as long as you send me an applicable e-mail address ok?
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 3:48 pm

hi peter my email address is dougross01@btinternet.com....                   thank you in advance very much appreiciated
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 7:22 am

Re your speedo failure.

You need to ask him specifically what is the "Reason For Rejection" - if you have a look through the official Government Inspection Manual, there is no section on testing the speedometer (however, I don't know whether the rules are different in NI).  Even the MSVA manual (Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval) states that the speedometer should be capable of displaying the speed in miles per hour & makes no mention of kph.  

If I was you, I'd be speaking to the garages chief tester, asking him for the reason for rejection & then appealing the result.  Remember, they can only fail you for specific reasons, anything else should be an "advisory"

Get back there & give them some grief
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:20 am

Doug I shall pass the address on to Marcin asap so expect a reply soon ok?
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:12 pm

thanks peter apprieciated .david ,I was on phone to the head boyo this morning and he reiterated that it has to show dual for single vehical test , I then said we are in the uk where mph is used and his reply was that the north of Ireland use both , to which I said as a retired lorry driver having travelled all over NI I have only seen 30mph and 60 mph never in over 30yrs of driving have I saw kph being used in the uk . he stands by his tester so I'm stuck ...argh !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:31 pm

What is the "Reason For Rejection" on your failure ?  I've just spoken to the guy who does my MOT's & he tells me the speedo is not even part of the MOT test - it is part of the MVSA, but I'm assuming you were just having the standard, annual MOT.

If it was me, I'd be inclined to ask another test station, then lodge an official appeal.

Keep us updated on this one please.
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 4:13 pm

hi dave  R the reason on failure notice is as follows ma 305  speedometer not dual marked mph/kph aswell as headlight ma202 ,,,, but I knew I'd have to change the headlight as couldn't get it set so have one ordered . the speedo is the one I'm not happy with ,  I'm defo not going down without a fight on it as we are in the uk and as such we use mph not kph ,,,,, but I will keep you posted as I have a written appeal in regarding speedo
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 6:17 pm

Doug I have passed your address onto Marcin who will I hope contact you soon. I think the bog standard dual MPH/KPH face will do you nicely.
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 6:33 pm

thanks peter  apprieciate your time
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 9:56 pm

You knew the headlight was going to be a fail, but in my opinion, the speedo shouldn't have been an issue.  If you can get away without the hassle of having to change the speedo face as well, it's worth pushing it a bit further

Keep us updated on the speedo front - good luck
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm trying too get away with it , I've sent a letter of concern as I feel its irrelivent as we are in the uk not southern Ireland ,,,
Back to top Go down
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 3:55 am

Hello dougr1411,
I`m a bit confused by your bike, you have it as a Marauder VL800,,, I think it should probably be a VZ800 Marauder by the pic of the speedo,, I hope I have that correct,, If so I don't think you will be able to open the front of the speedo to gain access to the dial without breaking it open ,,, you may need to stick something like this on the speedo glass to get it through the test.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEEDO-OVERLAY-CONVERSION-KIT-STICKERS-MPH-or-KPH-WHITE-SPEEDOMETER-DIALS-/291527262055

You could also fit one of those cheep £3 digital push bike speedos on,, they have a button to change it from miles to kilometres so shoul be sufficient to get it through the test,, some of the chopper builders/riders use them. You can then take it off after the test.

hope this is of some help mate.
Back to top Go down
icetechaus
Valued Member
icetechaus

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 4:11 am

This is probably going to sound silly but can you get away with using a permanent marker for say 60, 80 and 100 kph and then wipe it off after MOT.
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:40 am

thanks, john and ian . it is a vz 800  john , my mistake I was going by the v5  , I am borrowing a mates speedo to get it through test but I'm not letting this lye as I've said we are in the uk and as previous people have said its an advisory for speedo not a fail , I hope this clears up my mistake , and in reply to ian , the way the testers are over here probably wouldn't get away with that suggestion ,
Back to top Go down
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Hello Mate,,
The testing station is likely to log the mileage shown on your mates odometer to your bike/ test certificate,, it will be a permanent record,, there may be a large difference in mileage between the two bikes,,,,, something to bear in mind.
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 8:03 pm

yes john ,I thought about that  and have just won  a speedo on ebay with 37 miles on it which I will fit before retest  and keep old speedo to show the correct milage which is 9k for a 15 yr old bike so hopefully all will be ok thanks for thinking about that one mate
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 8:40 am

Sorry for dragging up an old thread (although Aunty Valerie says that's a good thing !!), but I was wondering how the speedo issue panned out ?  I was sat in the van at work the other week, when I noticed the speedo face 

Blue light is illuminating? <a href=Blue light is illuminating? IMG_20150912_171018_0_zpsgg97zcpw" />

This is a '15 plate Land Rover Discovery, so well after your testers 1998 date.  Incidentally, this vehicle is owned by Her Majesty's Government, specifically, a department belonging to the DfT - so you'd think that if it was in any way iffy, they'd know.
Back to top Go down
dougr1411
dougr1411

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:12 am

dave R I had to buy a new speedo with dual readings  to satisfy the test  it has now passed but I see your speedo hasn't got dual , so my thought is that because I live in northern Ireland with a border with southern Ireland  this is why they insisted on dual as southern Ireland use klms  the only reason I can think of
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:57 am

Ah well - bit of a shitter that is !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue light is illuminating?   Blue light is illuminating? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue light is illuminating?
Page 1 of 1