Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avon Cobra tyres

Go down 
+5
simbo
Valerie E
alfie92
fat intruder
Rattler
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 8:43 am

I'm considering getting these and they seem to have good reviews. Has anyone used them or any opinions. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:48 am

Not had them fitted to my bike but they are ment to be good mate I have had Avon venom in the past and they where fantastic in the dry held the road like shite to a blanket lol
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 am

I think the Cobra's have taken over the Venom's now.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 9:13 pm

Yes you are right Rattler they have taken over Venom,I had one fitted to my front wheel,excellent grip and tyres.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 9:32 pm

I've ordered a set today. Should be here on Wednesday or Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Valerie E
VIP Member
Valerie E

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Have just re checked tyres on VL800 and believe that they need replacing, I have venom on my VS, hubby has Cobra on his Guzzi, but can someone please confirm sizes for me as the tyres on here appear to be the original IRC ones

front: 130 90 16 67H   rear 170 80 15 77H

Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Yep those are the sizes Valerie  Avon Cobra tyres 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Valerie E
VIP Member
Valerie E

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Thanks Simbo,  will get a price on Monday from my local friendly tyre man
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 9:22 pm

Try Oponeo very cheap, and just pay someone to fit them.
Back to top Go down
Valerie E
VIP Member
Valerie E

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Will take a look cheers
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 8:28 pm

I got mine from Tyre Tec trading. £87 for front and £97 for rear. Peter was a great help. I asked for some that were as recently made as possible so he ordered them fresh from Avon UK. Front was made a few weeks ago and the rear in May. The best prices I could find.
Back to top Go down
Spike
Spike

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Just been looking for a new rear tyre for my m800 and for the life of me I can't find any 15 inch 170/80 radial tyres so on the advice given on here I have opted for a set of Avon Cobras.

Really only wanted a rear tyre as my front has plenty of tread left but at £166 for the pair I  suppose I can live with having a matching pair
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Spike wrote:
Just been looking for a new rear tyre for my m800 and for the life of me I can't find any 15 inch 170/80 radial tyres so on the advice given on here I have opted for a set of Avon Cobras.

Really only wanted a rear tyre as my front has plenty of tread left but at £166 for the pair I  suppose I can live with having a matching pair

Good tyre the 'Avon Cobra'  thumup  and always best to having matching 'wellies' on, especially if the the front is the stock IRC  Avon Cobra tyres 249703
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Spike wrote:

http://www.oponeo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 11:13 pm

I've Avon Cobra's on mine and they give me a lot more confidence than the factory fitted ones ever did.
Back to top Go down
Big Al
Prospect

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Been using Avons since the roadrunner days of the 1980's.  Super Venoms on all my cruisers, storm and roadrider combo on the muscle bike, never had a problem.  Riding the stock Suzuki supplied tyres on my brand new c800 and to be honest haven't had a problem with them.  First tyre change will see Avons' introduced.  Out of interest, mate of mine is running on Metzelers...... bloody expensive but damn do they hold the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avon Cobra tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avon Cobra tyres   Avon Cobra tyres Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avon Cobra tyres
Page 1 of 1