Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Much Black ?

Go down 
+10
Old Luner
bigmal
v-twin
ardie
peardrop3
katsd
simbo
TaurusTuga
johnboss
fat intruder
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

How Much Black ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Looking good Dave! I'll have to get mine MoT'd etc & get out for some runs as well before we go away in May!
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I have slowly going more and more black over a long time. I will be doing a reversal of Dave R's wheels. I will keep the chrome wheels but spraying the spokes black instead.
 Black spokes - bollocks, didn't think of that - ah well, not stripping them down again  !!!!!  That'll look good Dave.

Pete - get the MOT sorted mate - I'm off for a couple of weeks - have to meet up soon
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 6:10 pm

I only thought of it because of what you did, although I do love what you have done.
My main reason for doing it is that I was thinking of replacing my cruddy looking spokes with stainless steel ones but thought black spokes could look ok with the chrome wheels, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 6:49 pm

Could these give you an idea what they'd look like without actually spraying them Dave?
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPPRO-MOTOCROSS-MX-ENDURO-WHEEL-RIM-SPOKE-SHROUDS-WRAPS-SKINS-COVERS-ALL-COLOURS-/271903548611?var=&hash=item3f4eb6e4c3:m:mnLpGQ0aZ3ylFXUG4BZFhtA
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:17 pm

katsd wrote:
Mr Intruder wrote:
I have slowly going more and more black over a long time. I will be doing a reversal of Dave R's wheels. I will keep the chrome wheels but spraying the spokes black instead.
 Black spokes - bollocks, didn't think of that - ah well, not stripping them down again  !!!!!  That'll look good Dave.

Pete - get the MOT sorted mate - I'm off for a couple of weeks - have to meet up soon

Will get it sorted Dave but feeling a bit like death warmed up at the moment due to Rosie giving me the lurgy ha ha ha!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:15 pm

simbo wrote:
Could these give you an idea what they'd look like without actually spraying them Dave?
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPPRO-MOTOCROSS-MX-ENDURO-WHEEL-RIM-SPOKE-SHROUDS-WRAPS-SKINS-COVERS-ALL-COLOURS-/271903548611?var=&hash=item3f4eb6e4c3ⓂmnLpGQ0aZ3ylFXUG4BZFhtA

Hmmm now that has me thinking, I might just buy them instead of spraying. Definitely food for thought. How Much Black ? - Page 2 3498837457
I will have to measure my spokes now, and count my spokes. It says 40 covers are included. How Much Black ? - Page 2 433968
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Oh sod it, I will order them in the morning, thanks so much Sim. wagg
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:48 pm

36 spokes per wheel Dave - I counted every fucking one of 'em when I cleaned the wheels up last year !!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:57 pm

Cheers Dave R but curiosity killed the cat. How Much Black ? - Page 2 852880

49 spokes front
36 spokes rear
15cm covers I think for front, although the back spokes are tiny, about 8cm. (Measure yourself to be sure)
So two packs of 40 will do it, with a couple of spokes being with joins. (I will do that at rear)

Just ordered 2 packs but the sizes are running out, I bought 2 packs of 18cm covers. I will cut them myself & join the couple that need it, rather than buying a third pack.
They will be here Thurs/Fri, can't wait to fit them, they'll look great. Can't wait to cover up the cruddy spokes that I have at the moment. Also I think black spoke and chrome wheels will look the dogs bollox, when you think it only cost £20.

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Sorry Dave - I must have tried to blank the memory of that job from my mind.  That's a cracking idea - can't wait to see it done.  Tempted to mine in white
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 pm

I will post some picks as soon as I have them fitted.
I think white would look the dogs on you bike. oyili
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Although it does seem a shame to cover up the new stainless spokes !!!  Conflicted again
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Oh now weight a minute, I forgot you had stainless spokes, leave well alone me thinks.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:07 pm

What about if I just do one wheel ???? !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:09 pm

HHmmmm how about if you had them and put them on and pulled them off as the mood takes you.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Good idea  !!!  But I'll wait till you've done yours first - then you can tell me how fiddly it is  !!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Yeah Dave I have just been watching You-Tube video's and it seems easy. This video below is like all the others.

Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Dave - they're brilliant - although I think I'd have cleaned the nipples up first.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Picked up the final piece 

How Much Black ? - Page 2 <a href=How Much Black ? - Page 2 Headlight%20Grill_zpslhhbwkxs" />

They've done it so that I can remove the grill to clean the glass without having to remove the bezel surround.  Thanks for that idea Sim - should look the bollox when it's fitted
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 8:34 pm

That looks the business!  oyili How Much Black ? - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Link please.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 9:21 pm

It was a bodge-it-together job Dave.  Second hand bezel which came with a visor & then this head light grill off ebay.  Got my fabricators to braze the visor into the bezel, drill a couple of corresponding holes into the visor to fit the grill to it.  Gloss black powder then fitted the grill to the bezel using torx head security screws.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Bodged is the last thing that looks my friend.... Exceptional work! How Much Black ? - Page 2 3005623951
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 4:49 pm

01.15 this morning - final piece of the jig-saw

How Much Black ? - Page 2 <a href=How Much Black ? - Page 2 Head%20Light_zps59g8qti0" />
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 5:45 pm

How Much Black ? - Page 2 3498837457 lgd
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 6:29 pm

Looks great!  oyili update the showroom when you get a min Dave  How Much Black ? - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Brilliant job, well done. How Much Black ? - Page 2 276246
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Thanks guys - I'll update the gallery when I've been out on it.  At some point I'll condense the whole transformation saga into a single thread so that you can see how it's evolved from what it was to what it is now
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 2:40 pm

Looking very excellent Dave!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 7:31 pm

simbo wrote:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPPRO-MOTOCROSS-MX-ENDURO-WHEEL-RIM-SPOKE-SHROUDS-WRAPS-SKINS-COVERS-ALL-COLOURS-/271903548611?var=&hash=item3f4eb6e4c3ⓂmnLpGQ0aZ3ylFXUG4BZFhtA

Still trying to get these feckers on, gotta be esier ones out there. However they cost me £20 so they are going on and thats a feckin fact. they are not cut smoothly down the middle which is a pain when putting them os as they are nice and thick. Ahhhh How Much Black ? - Page 2 474255
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 12:45 am

Stick at it Dave - I want to see the photos when you've finished  !!

Went out for a shake-down run today & managed to get a few snaps 

How Much Black ? - Page 2 <a href=How Much Black ? - Page 2 IMG_20160409_144115037_HDR_zpsqzoxxu19

How Much Black ? - Page 2 <a href=How Much Black ? - Page 2 21826dc6-1114-4c9c-bbb8-d62ef92d6992_zpsj5xc9sxi" />

How Much Black ? - Page 2 <a href=How Much Black ? - Page 2 IMG_20160409_144003562_HDR_zpsw0lxkacb" />

How Much Black ? - Page 2 <a href=How Much Black ? - Page 2 IMG_20160409_144030517_HDR_zpsigvewxpu" />

There's a few snagging bits to tidy up & I guess I ought to tax it
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 7:20 am

ilis How Much Black ? - Page 2 276246 How Much Black ? - Page 2 102087026
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 8:09 am

excellent work! looks stunning  How Much Black ? - Page 2 276246 How Much Black ? - Page 2 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Bugsy
Bugsy

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 9:33 am

That is NICE How Much Black ? - Page 2 184121345
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 9:42 am

Stunning How Much Black ? - Page 2 276246

Johnmc800 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 1:22 pm

once again tastefully done all parts compliment each other no mean feat in itself, this bike is a credit to you and you should be proud have to go now as my bib is soaking
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Hope to see this stunner in the metal soon - maybe at one of the ride-outs / meet ups over Yorkshire way Dave?
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 11:19 pm

Wow !!!

Well done, I reckon that should win a show or three How Much Black ? - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 6:28 am

lgd  Dave
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:45 am

Wow what a beauty.  ilis
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:21 pm

OMG I love your bike so much, its getting better and better all the time   How Much Black ? - Page 2 184121345 How Much Black ? - Page 2 3492671266 wow
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
simbo wrote:

Still trying to get these feckers on, gotta be esier ones out there. However they cost me £20 so they are going on and thats a feckin fact. they are not cut smoothly down the middle which is a pain when putting them os as they are nice and thick. Ahhhh How Much Black ? - Page 2 474255

Try a smear of vaseline on the spoke Dave?
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Now that's euphemism if I've ever heard one !!!!!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Looks even better in the flesh Dave & we'll say nothing about the paint ok ha ha ha!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:29 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
we'll say nothing about the paint ok ha ha ha!

?????  Suspect
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:51 pm

It's a personal thing Sim & a need to know situation ok cos if I told you I'd have to kill you which to certain people on here might be a blessing ha ha ha....... Lets just say I showed him mine & he showed me his ok? sssmily
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 7:13 pm

I knew you were mates..... But really!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 7:49 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
It's a personal thing Sim & a need to know situation ok cos if I told you I'd have to kill you 

That would be tremendously ambitious of you. Anyway, I've no interest in your homosexual activity's  How Much Black ? - Page 2 51970515
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 5:38 pm

oooooooooh hark at her then sweetie!!! Getting our knickers in a twist eh Mr Simbo??? babababab How Much Black ? - Page 2 51970515
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 7:10 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
oooooooooh hark at her then sweetie!!! Getting our knickers in a twist eh Mr Simbo??? babababab How Much Black ? - Page 2 51970515

You got it.. you know how over sensitive I am  How Much Black ? - Page 2 3498837457
How Much Black ? - Page 2 Offended_zpskxbbnalu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much Black ?   How Much Black ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Much Black ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next