Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Small Widscreen fitted

Go down 
+7
stingray
captain crash
Mr Intruder
Twojobmick
Bluesman
simbo
johnboss
11 posters
AuthorMessage
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

Small Widscreen fitted Empty
PostSubject: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Follow on from the 'Small WIndshield?' topic a couple of weeks ago.

Ordered  a WS PUIG Roadster screen for my C800.  Bit pricey at £88.00 but seems very good quality.  Brackets are stainless steel and the screen is quite thick, very clear has a nice light tint.  Fitting wasn't much of a problem and it seems stable when tested at about 80mph.

Bought via ebay - 3-4 days delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401006003461?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2FMotorcycles-Scooters-%2F422%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D401006003461%26_rdc%3D1

Small Widscreen fitted Lb8GE7w

Small Widscreen fitted AFrxw6h

Small Widscreen fitted OghTMRi

Small Widscreen fitted PQf1iXD
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:46 pm

Looks good! I like that  Small Widscreen fitted 102087026
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Surprising how effective just a small amount of wind protection can be. Be interesting to hear a ride report.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Hope no nails were broken during the fitting !
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Hopefully I'll get out one day this week and have a trundle up the motorway, I'm interested in what if any buffeting I get at steady speeds between 60- 80 mph.  Not sure short bursts of speed will demonstrate anything really. Could feel a little less wind on the chest though.

Mick - Sod Off! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:32 am

I like the look of that one on the bike.  Small Widscreen fitted 3498837457
If you get any buffeting with that screen, just lower it a bit at the top, lower angle.  The buffeting comes from under the screen, not the top. You may have to adjust it a few times to get it right but small screen off a lot more protection than people often think.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Flippin eck thats a good looking screen. Really suits the bike  Small Widscreen fitted 184121345
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Good looking screen John, I'm sure you will find some benefit after some adjustments as Dave said Small Widscreen fitted 3498837457
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Still adjusting.  Pillion Missus seems to get a bit more buffeting than before (that is not an invitation for crude comments from the reprobates).  I'm yet to be convinced its does much other than make the bike look better.  Time and tinkering will tell.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 7:43 am

Screens will help deflect the air flow from the rider, sadly the pillion will then get some of the deflected air flow. The flow does not disappear, it has to go somewhere.
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Screens will help deflect the air flow from the rider, sadly the pillion will then get some of the deflected air flow. The flow does not disappear, it has to go somewhere.

Hmmm - that may cause an issue - I'll have to leave her at home then
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 10:23 am

johnboss wrote:
 I'm yet to be convinced its does much other than make the bike look better.  

I actually prefer Intruders without a screen. If it improves the ride at speed then that might make me add one. I quite like the look of a fully dressed 1500 in black. The lightweight 800 seems to suit a more naked look. Don't mind the fly screen on the M - that looks quite rakish. Just personal preference I suppose. From what I've read on this forum, if you have a screen, the lowers are very important if you want to minimise buffeting. I added a cheap screen to my current bike but returned it to the shop - it made the air flow much worse and looked pretty naf too! Suzuki one looks ok  but expensive.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 9:37 pm

Helmet choice makes a difference with screens too, full faced seem to buffet more than open faced when a screen is fitted from my experiences.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 11:54 pm

simbo wrote:
Helmet choice makes a difference with screens too, full faced seem to buffet more than open faced when a screen is fitted from my experiences.
That's good cos the fashion police have banned the use of full face helmets on cruisers. Small Widscreen fitted 852880
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 5:30 pm

So after adjustments did it make any difference?
I have a big screen on mine, but at higher speed its really loud and makes the air kind of vibrate around my head. No amount of adjustment helps it much, but without it at motorway speeds the wind pulls me back a lot.
So was looking for some middle ground
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 10:12 pm

EazyDuz wrote:

I have a big screen on mine, but at higher speed its really loud and makes the air kind of vibrate around my head. No amount of adjustment helps it much, but without it at motorway speeds the wind pulls me back a lot.

Try some "lowers" Eazy
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 7:49 am

simbo wrote:
EazyDuz wrote:

Try some "lowers" Eazy
Pretty sure its the screen causing it because without it there are no vibrations. I guess its forcing more air under it to compensate. I don't actually like the screen much anymore, bike looks a lot better without but its too uncomfortable for longer rides without one
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 8:00 am

Lowers will fix it !
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 8:23 am

yorky wrote:
Lowers will fix it !
Small Widscreen fitted 428386 Small Widscreen fitted 428386 Small Widscreen fitted 428386 Small Widscreen fitted 428386 Small Widscreen fitted 428386 Small Widscreen fitted 428386 Small Widscreen fitted 428386 Small Widscreen fitted 2215087486
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 8:44 am

yorky wrote:
Lowers will fix it !

That's the answer.
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm

I know it sounds strange Eazy but it's the air coming up from under the sides of the screen interacting with the air coming over the top of the screen that causes the buffeting.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Yes the buffeting is caused by the air coming from under the screen, the lowers deflect this air hence cutting down or even out the air coming under the screen.
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Well would a smaller screen like in the OP help at all? As long as it blocks most of the wind from my torso it would be alright. Prefer the more naked look on the bike, dont really want lowers on it
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 8:52 pm

EazyDuz wrote:
Well would a smaller screen like in the OP help at all? As long as it blocks most of the wind from my torso it would be alright. Prefer the more naked look on the bike, dont really want lowers on it

Yeah Eazy they take quite a bit of wind away from the torso, mine I had on the Iron worked quite well, bloody awful with a full faced helmet! but fine with an open faced, my big screen seems the same too, screens don't seem to suit full faced without lowers fitted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Widscreen fitted   Small Widscreen fitted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Widscreen fitted
Page 1 of 1