Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spyke100
Prospect
spyke100

Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Empty
PostSubject: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 6:58 pm

Evening ,
im wondering if any body has any other ideas as to why my suzuki vz800 wont start , 
shes just had a new tank , and internal fuel unit , which i really appreicate the help with sourcing -thankyou 
so i hooked the battery up , turn her on, the dial does its thing and the 'CHEC' message appears and stays .
if i pull in the clutch lever and press the ignition button shes turns over , but thats its . 
ive checked the wiring from the bike to tank , the fuel gauge is working , however there is no fuel pump priming noise when shes is first turned on .
ive done the recommended check the clutch switch , side stand switch and kill switch all of which appear to be working . 

tbh honest im completely stumped , just wondered if anybody had any other ideas ?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Did you fill the new tank when you fitted it ?    lol!lol! .... ( sorry, no help at all mate but couldn't resist ! )
Back to top Go down
spyke100
Prospect
spyke100

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 7:33 pm

Hahahaha thanks dude , actually had a second guessing moment just then
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 7:44 pm

What year is it, I will then have a look at the wiring schematic as well as the fuel circuit. I presume its carbed, does it have a vacuum pipe from the petcock to the engine side of the carbs, in line with what Mick said did you turn the petrol on??
Back to top Go down
spyke100
Prospect
spyke100

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 7:48 pm

awesome thanks man ,
Its  2010 model , so no petcock all automatic as far as i can tell
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:14 pm

This is what I think is your bikes wiring diagram, can you hear any relays energise when you turn the ignition on. If your engine turns over then the side stand relay is working as is the engine stop switch. The only relay that should energise is the pump relay, it has a 10A fuse, it could be that or even a bad earth to the pump.

Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Vz800f10

There also looks to be a one way valve which could be worth a look.
Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Shutof10
Back to top Go down
spyke100
Prospect
spyke100

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 pm

That's amazing , thanks so much , I'll give this all a check tomorrow and let you know how it goes . 
Hopefully we'll get some movement :)
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Have you got a copy of the Service Manual??
Back to top Go down
spyke100
Prospect
spyke100

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:14 pm

I haven't , i was going to grab a Haynes . 
Is there a good link online ? 
Getting a little confused trying to figure which model matches mine as there seems to be a few different variants and no particular match ?
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:18 pm

http://download946.mediafire.com/u9ypr07943kg/mncqmwnym3m/Suzuki+C50+Service+Manual.pdf

And the owners manual:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ijbizzmzaqt/Suzuki+C50+Owners+Manual.pdf
Back to top Go down
spyke100
Prospect
spyke100

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 9:36 pm

You sir are a legend !! 
Thanks , that's this evenings reading sorted !
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Kill switch on handlebars got knocked?
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 6:21 am

spyke100 wrote:
You sir are a legend !! 
Thanks , that's this evenings reading sorted !
Correct Spyke, Andrew is a complete Leg end.

If you need to know anything, about anything, Andrew is the go-to guy ( other than perhaps a beauty regime ! )

He is Yoda in human form ( oh and not 800 years old, is he ) lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?   Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before i lose my mind, why wont it start ?
Page 1 of 1