Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I did not expect that!

Go down 
+3
simbo
Skidalot
Bluesman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

I did not expect that! Empty
PostSubject: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 6:11 am

Don't always wear hi-viz gear myself but yesterday was a bit wet so I donned my reflective waistcoat and white helmet. On the 1250, I rode the same route I have ridden during the recent nice weather, at the same time, in dark gear. Wow! What a difference! Far more drivers pulled in when I filtered. At roundabouts and junctions,  fewer chanced it, reducing the need for me to brake suddenly. Out of concern for bikes? Being considerate in poor weather? I doubt it. No, it was pretty obvious who they thought I was! I ride a black bike so I imagine a white one would get even more reaction.

Interesting!

Ps. When I ride with high bars, open face helmet and attitude, they pull in too - maybe they think I'm 'ard!   I did not expect that! 2740622253
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 6:23 am

Did you have 'POLITE' on the back of it too? I did not expect that! 215375
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 6:30 am

Skidalot wrote:
Did you have 'POLITE' on the back of it too? I did not expect that! 215375
You have to be careful what you put on the back. I have Harley Davidson on the back of my other jacket. That increases the risk of being rear- ended no doubt!  I did not expect that! 3213823784
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 8:55 am

I fully agree with anyone that wears 'high viz' or anything to make you more visible  I did not expect that! 3498837457  I completely disagree with anything  with 'polite'  on the back unless it's on a horse rider  I did not expect that! 437349
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 10:19 am

Don't like polite on the back of anything. As for horses, I don't think the roads are good places for them, but I always shut off the throttle. Some of the motorcycle hi-viz touring brigade can get a bit 'holier than thou'. If I can, I wear for comfort, weather and abrasion protection. I only wear hi-viz in poor visibilty. Never wear it with custom gear! Still it's our bike, our life, we do what suits. It does work though!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Bluesman wrote:
Don't like polite on the back of anything. As for horses, I don't think the roads are good places for them, but I always shut off the throttle. 

I'm not a fan of horses on the roads either,  anything that slows motorist passing them by has got to be a good thing though, especially as half a ton of horse landing on a car screen or motorcycle would prove quite painful  affraid
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Any biker who has "POLITE" on the back of his high vis should be forced to wear one of these every other weekend 

I did not expect that! MjSRnSs
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 pm

What gets me is they hold back cos they think they might get done by a copper for pulling out but if it was just a bike, oh that doesn't matter! Don't mind knocking you off but won't risk 3 points!
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Each to his own with this sort of think - For me Hi Viz - yes- anything that helps not getting knocked of my bike - POLITE across my back?....never.  I did meet a guy at the barn once looked just like Mals pic - a right supercilious, holier than thou, self opinionated tosser... Never been knocked of his bike but I bet he'd been call a c*nt on many occasions!
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 10:13 pm

Yes, in the past, when commuting to work in foul weather I wore a plain Hi-Viz jacket at the same time as I'd bought an nice new good quality helmet - it was in a sale - because it was plain white ..... & just that combination of plain white helmet and yellow hi-viz jacket did have an effect in that motorists did seem to 'see' you more readily, and gave more consideration for me as a motorcyclist .... often moving over to allow me to filter through etc.

I can see how some people are drawn to the 'Polite' & chequered Hi-Viz vests - but that is taking things further than necessary. You probably wouldn't get much hassle from the plod if you were riding like 'Grandma', but I guess they would want to throw the book at you if you stepped over 'the mark' .... even by committing minor misdemeanours that they would often ignore.

Reap what you sow springs to mind - if you want to draw attention - then fair enough - but you cannot choose the source of that attention .... & you could get more than you bargained for !

I did not expect that! 2557044841copI did not expect that! 394313police   I did not expect that! 2795157665
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 2:02 pm

I would imagine, that when they realised they haven't pulled over for a cop, their hatred of you would be immense.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Badger wrote:
I would imagine, that when they realised they haven't pulled over for a cop, their hatred of you would be immense.
I did not expect that! 3417148095
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I did not expect that!   I did not expect that! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I did not expect that!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum :: chat :: Motorcycle Clothing, Helmets, Jackets, Gloves etc.-
Jump to:  
Slide Show
A random selection of suzuki800.com member bikes.
Latest topics
» 12inch apes
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby Mbroom21 Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 pm

» Aye what's happenin'?
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby 717RedRumBob Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:50 am

» Handle bars rotation for comfort
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby Badger Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:20 pm

» Hello!
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby GregWidger Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:16 pm

» Hey to all
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby alongfortheride Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:41 pm

» Just saying hello as asked... plus a question.
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby SAM11206 Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:34 pm

» Hello!
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby Onigatudor Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:39 pm

» Choke plunger
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby flying1 Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:43 pm

» Hello intruder people
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby nano Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:19 pm

» Hi from North east England
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby Brianhuck Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:30 pm

» VX800 - Wiring issue colours & diagram?
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby Billybop90 Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:44 am

» Looking for a set of Leg wind deflectors for a C50 Boulivard.
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby Aikido789 Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:11 am

» Saying hello from Cheshire
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby bernard chaddock Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:58 pm

» ola de portugal
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby fabio almeida Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:28 am

» Hello from Texas
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby icoolwecool99@gmail.com Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:47 pm

» VX800 vacuum hose(s) 1996
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby Billybop90 Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:16 pm

» Chrome Fender Tips - Volusia VL800, Boulevard C50T
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby SWEET Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:25 pm

» New to the site
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby VAI777 Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:32 pm

» oldies but goldies
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby redevil Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:59 am

» My new M800
I did not expect that! Icon_minitimeby Urko Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:12 am

Username:
Password: