Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!

Go down 
+4
simbo
johnboss
peardrop3
Skidalot
8 posters
AuthorMessage
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Empty
PostSubject: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 12:57 pm

New boy Chris had asked about the burnt tank on my avatar - it's a long story - the easiest way is to link the listing on ebay when I sold it.  The photo's have disappeared, here's a couple just before I sold it & one from when it was on display at the NEC

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! <a href=Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! DSC07736%202015_03_30%2008_27_25%20UTC_zps37h4xfcr" />

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! <a href=Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! DSC07744%202015_03_30%2008_27_25%20UTC_zpstatws0gt" />

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! <a href=Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! NEC006%202015_03_30%2008_27_25%20UTC_zps6roe7c2r" />

People still ask me whether I miss it, whether I regret selling it, would I have another ?  The answer is definitely "No" - it holds a lot of good memories for me, but that's all.  It's a bike from my past, not my present.  

Besides, I've made more friends on this site then I ever did as a Katana owner - I think that how many ex-Intruder owners are so active on the forum is testament to that
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 1:52 pm

There's no bike in the last photo?? glasses  ......... Laughing
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Skidalot wrote:
There's no bike in the last photo?? glasses  ......... Laughing

Ah - your attention was diverted elsewhere !!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 6:56 pm

Yeh lovely looking er girls, no sorry bike Dave..... Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Sorry - there was a bike?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Great write up on eBay Dave!  Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! 2170595768 Great looking bike too!  Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! 3498837457  you need to slow down on the 'wife' count though  affraid
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 11:25 pm

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! 428386   to the last post ! ...... (on ALL counts)
Back to top Go down
ChrisOfTheOT
ChrisOfTheOT

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 8:05 am

simbo wrote:
Great write up on eBay Dave!  Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! 2170595768 Great looking bike too!  Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! 3498837457  you need to slow down on the 'wife' count though  affraid

Now that's good advice! I mistakenly thought they must have been your nieces, given their apparent youth - how foolish of me! (And my, they seem to really, really like that motorbike...) 

Dave, I've seen many Katanas in my day, but never one so superbly presented. Somehow you managed to emphasise the whole, erm, Katana-ness of the bike while still putting your own unique stamp on it. Quite an accomplishment: a gorgeous bike. And then you set it on fire?!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! 249703

Is you current mount - a VL800 from your bio - as impressive?

Cheers,

Chris

P.S. It's been a fair while since I was called a 'boy' or 'new': I never realised I missed it!
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks Chris - this is the link to the evolution of the VL to date.  It's a "work-in-progress" - unlike the wife count !!!

This is what it looked like just like before I started doing some more bits to it recently.  I think I've gone about as far as I can with this one - maybe it's time for a change !!

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! <a href=Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! IMG_20160409_144115037_HDR_zpsqzoxxu19" />
Back to top Go down
ChrisOfTheOT
ChrisOfTheOT

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 8:46 am

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! 3005623951   That is utterly exceptional - gorgeous and delicious. (It's even better than your two other wives above - I didn't think that was possible!)

I note that VLs are more numerous than VXs, so more popular I imagine, and I'd certainly invest except for one detail. They have the Harley-esque flaw: feet forward! I hired a Harley a few years ago - wonderful ironmongery - but they're spine-snappingly painful to ride! (I was devastated 'cos I'd always hankered after a pukka cruiser.)

Still, if you can do the whole feet-forward thing, you're onto a winner. And my your VL is awesome. I'm still dribbling. (I must stop that...)

Cheers,

Chris
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 8:55 am

Must admit - I was very wary of feet forward, till I tried it.  I find it so comfy, I'd be hard pressed to go back
Back to top Go down
ChrisOfTheOT
ChrisOfTheOT

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am

Perfect wives, perfect bike AND you can do the feet-forward thing. I'm starting to dislike you David...   Wink

Cheers,

Chris
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 10:49 am

ChrisOfTheOT wrote:
I'm starting to dislike you David...   Wink

Cheers,

Chris
Ironically, that's what a lot of people say to me - although they usually wait to meet me first !
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:41 am

katsd wrote:
although they usually wait to meet me first !

Then they bugger off for a fag and don't come back!  hyst
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Skidalot wrote:
katsd wrote:

Just about sums it up Skid !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 12:13 pm

katsd wrote:
Skidalot wrote:
katsd wrote:

Just about sums it up Skid !!!!!!!
Not everyone Dave!!

I've tried forward controls and hated it, I have short'ish legs and find it disconcerting if I try and use the back brake as I have no weight to apply it with as I end up pushing myself backwards. I also move about on my seat a bit while cornering or grip the tank with my knees on a 'normal' bike, which you can not do on a cruiser. So, while a lot of people love them, they are not for me.......yet!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!   Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why The Burnt Tank On My Avatar !!!
Page 1 of 1