Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I don’t have a coolant indicator.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caconnolly
Prospect

I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Empty
PostSubject: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi folks

Contrary to the manual I can’t find the indicator on the coolant reservoir.  There is a window right at the bottom but even lying on the ground I can’t see into the reservoir. Can anyone help me please?
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2020 9:30 pm

It's not a user friendly design.    Just take the chromed panel out.
Back to top Go down
Caconnolly
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 12:18 pm

Thanks Badger.  So I really need to Remove the chrome panel each week to check the coolant level?
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 12:54 pm

The level doesn't normally drop much in my experience, you don't need to check it every week, unless you are losing fluid. 
Are you having an issue with the cooling system?
Back to top Go down
Caconnolly
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 1:20 pm

No, no issue. I was just asked about how I check the water during an advanced motorcycle lesson
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 6:33 pm

This is for my bike's model ... 2006 C800.
You are right, it is the little cutaway on the bottom of the panel, but Mr Suzuki, in his wisdom, made it difficult to see on these particular bikes. 
On a lot of bikes, you can just unscrew the radiator cap as well, but on ours, you have to take the petrol tank off first, to get to that.   
Left side panel off with your key, then the chrome cover off, under it.   Top right screw will spin and spin, as it's a dummy one, that Mr Suzuki's minions put there for a laugh I think.  (Be careful not to lose the black rubber washers).
Be very, very careful with the lugs on the side panel, as well as the panel itself, and the chromed cover. They break very easily, and a prone to being snapped and stepped on.
Try a bit of Vaseline or grease on the side panel lugs putting it back on.  Don't force anything.
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 pm

put it on side stand on block get bike leve,l get on ground , use torch look from other side you can see coolant bottle .
Back to top Go down
Caconnolly
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 9:11 am

Thanks Artie.  Ill try that first
Back to top Go down
Caconnolly
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 9:11 am

Sorry Ardie. Text was corrected
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 12:34 pm

badgers right about Suzuki would have been very easy to leave it a lot easier to check wasn't sure if your bike is same as mine if it is easy enough to keep a eye on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don’t have a coolant indicator.    I don’t have a coolant indicator.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don’t have a coolant indicator.
Page 1 of 1