Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Damion Jones

Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense Empty
PostSubject: Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense   Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 12:23 am

Just a small thing that I have done over the last few days...

My Bobber is based on the VX800. Almost Zero back end ( Although now the missus wants to go on the back, I might have to re-do it and thats not going to be easy noww that I have removed so much, but hey ho! )

Anyway, the rear mudguard was rubbing a little too much, and so I took 3 inches off it. Its still managing to touch it and I found out the hard way when I cut my finger on it, it was that sharp!

So, ebay came to the rescue with a set of cheap and nasties.

The ones on it were 365mm ( or about ) and so I decided to not just replace them, but also get a set of 380mm and get a small rise too!

Turned out that I had needed to have 14mm bushes for the top. The bottom has 10mm ( Could be 12mm but the bolt is 10, so sod it, thats staying ).

I did get a set of 12mm metal tube things for the bushes, but what I have done at the moment, is simply not have the metal inner tube and this has allowed me to slide the rubber bush onto the pin or lug or whatever the heck its called for the top of the shock, and its seems fine like it is... I have of course bought a new pair of 14mm bushes and when they arrive, I will of course put them in.

For now though, I am only riding locally and there is plenty of grease to protect the rubber, and I see nothing that will shorten its life as it is because this is exactly what I have done on the Honda, but with 10-12 instead of 12-14mm

Anyway, I was going to ask about the bushes, but since I am getting them anyway, I dont think I need to.

Ride safe everyone.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense   Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 4:54 pm

Damion.   It may work out cheaper to buy your missis her own 125 or 350 than alter all that.   Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense 291468
Back to top Go down
Damion Jones

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense   Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 6:17 pm

She has the 400/4 SuperFour
This is when we go together and dont want to use the Trike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense   Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Shocks - renewed with some silly nonsense
Page 1 of 1