Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anchorage Alaska Saying hello

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JagLite

Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Anchorage Alaska Saying hello   Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2023 3:44 pm

Anchorage Alaska Saying hello 4176454701 
Well...
Here I am.  Anchorage Alaska Saying hello 3005623951
If I have said hello before, I don't remember so that alone tells you I am older, and have a lousy memory.

I currently have a '90 VX800 in the shop up on the lift for a resurrection.
It is my second VX, the first one was a '91 that I bought used in '93 and I loved the bike but a few years later when we started building our new house I sold it. Three year of house construction completed I had discovered ADVRider and realized dirt road exploring was what I wanted to do so I bought a Suzuki DR650.

Fast forward ten years and I found another VX800 on CL for a good price so I bought it.
I rode it once and parked it in the shed as a winter project while I rode my other bikes during the summer.
But each winter I had other bike projects to work on...

Then we bought an old house and spent a year renovating it and selling the house we built.
More bike projects during the winters and riding during the summers and the years rolled by with the VX quietly waiting for its turn in the shop. 
Finally, this is the winter of the VX! (We've been here ten years now)
I've kept the bike registration current all these years thinking I was going to get to it.

Every forum is different and I will have to learn how this one operates to be able to post pictures.
And if there is a section for bike projects?

This bike was painted flat black so it will need paint at the top of the list.
I'm still taking it apart to see what needs fixing, replacing, or cleaning.
It is stripped to the frame and the forks are off.
I'm making a list as I go along as I like to do.

I'm sure I will be asking questions that I hope you will be able to help me with.
My name is James, married (40 years), no kids, lived in Alaska for about 45 years.
I'm still working full time (I spent my 20's sailing, traveling, and having fun) but plan to retire next summer.

My username is JagLite and that came from my car, a 2000 Mazda Miata (NB - second gen) that I loved and drove year round for 20 years. 
To me it was a baby Jaguar. Or a Junior Jaguar. Or a Lite version of a Jaguar.
My favorite car ever and it was sad to see it go but I don't drive much anymore.

TMI?  Anchorage Alaska Saying hello 249703
Back to top Go down
Billybop90
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Anchorage Alaska Saying hello   Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 3:02 am

Welcome aboard. I also have a 1990 VX800, lived in Palmer for a few years and Ketchikan. Currently in South Dakota. Get some pics of your bike up.
Bill

Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Lesyl610
Back to top Go down
JagLite

PostSubject: Re: Anchorage Alaska Saying hello   Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 3:14 pm

Hi Bill,
I think the weather here in Anchorage might be better than South Dakota in the winter?
Your bike looks fantastic! You keep it in excellent condition.
I guess I should start a thread and figure out how to post pictures....
Because I tried to post a picture here and I keep getting the message that my post is too long.
James

Billybop90 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Billybop90
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Anchorage Alaska Saying hello   Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 6:47 pm

Hi James,
Weather is somewhat comparable but these past few weeks its been unseasonably warm with temps hovering around 50 degrees in Rapid City. My wife purchased the bike for me during the spring of 1999 while we were living in Port Angeles WA, it was maroon in color and had these god awful flames painted all over it. 

During that summer I took the whole thing apart and had it redone in a Dark Green metallic color and it turned out great. Purchased a set of Hepco & Becker bags with a rear rack to complete the touring look and it was pretty much done. The addition of other bikes has pushed this guy to the wayside but I still kept clean and just recently added a new battery and tires.

Strange you are having problems getting a pic up on this forum. 

Try this:
1. Look at the tool bar where you type your MSG, point your arrow on the "Host Image" box and click it.

2. It will open a separate box the says "Select File +" click it and it should take you to your computer where you can choose what pic you want downloaded.

3. Once you "chose" your pic hit the "Send All" button and you should see a little thumbnail of your picture on the very bottom.

4. Lastly hit the "Insert All" button and it should place it on this board for you. 

When you do put an inquiry in make sure you put "VX800" on your subject line so we know where to find you. Not too many VX800 riders left out there, especially here in the US. Looking forward to your winter project progress. I will document and post all my stuff here as well. 
-Bill

Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Img_1812

SWEET likes this post

Back to top Go down
JagLite

PostSubject: Re: Anchorage Alaska Saying hello   Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 4:30 pm

Thanks Bill,
I will try that...
Right now
Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Vx_80011

That's how it looked when I bought it 12 years ago. I rode it up and down the road once and parked it for a winter project.

Back to top Go down
JagLite

PostSubject: Re: Anchorage Alaska Saying hello   Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 4:34 pm

I had to do it twice.
Nothing showing the first time, no picture and half the text was missing.
The second time I got a user error, contact somebody.
But I just hit "Send" again and it looks like it worked.
I'm not fluent in the many types of forum software.

Thanks Bill! wagg

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anchorage Alaska Saying hello   Anchorage Alaska Saying hello Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anchorage Alaska Saying hello
Page 1 of 1