Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marauder Horn Upgrade

Go down 
+2
captain crash
BigPunishure
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigPunishure
BigPunishure

Marauder Horn Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:58 am

Hello All,
Another upgrade that involves safety on this beast is the OE horn. It is pathetic at only 105dB and it has the tone of a "woman fart".

I ordered some PIAA "Super Horns" from Amazon (115dB) 400Hz / 500Hz pair. Now the Marauder sounds respectable in the horn department!

The OE bracket was perfect for this upgrade. I simply bent it outward slightly and used a 10mm bolt / nut to attach the new horns. The PIAA horns had brackets attached from the factory and I just situated the horns into a "V" to get everything lined up.

I extended the OE wires over to the second horn with no mods to the circuit or fuse.Marauder Horn Upgrade PIAAHorns1_zps7c60dd68

Marauder Horn Upgrade PIAAHorns2_zpscd4f6504
Back to top Go down
BigPunishure
BigPunishure

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:00 am

I need to clean to 'ole girl up... she is a little dirty.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:28 am

BigPunishure wrote:
Hello All,
Another upgrade that involves safety on this beast is the OE horn. It is pathetic at only 105dB and it has the tone of a "woman fart".

I ordered some PIAA "Super Horns" from Amazon (115dB) 400Hz / 500Hz pair. Now the Marauder sounds respectable in the horn department!

The OE bracket was perfect for this upgrade. I simply bent it outward slightly and used a 10mm bolt / nut to attach the new horns. The PIAA horns had brackets attached from the factory and I just situated the horns into a "V" to get everything lined up.

I extended the OE wires over to the second horn with no mods to the circuit or fuse.
Sounds like a good mod, I just had a look at a db scale and that extra 10db is a lot of extra noise Marauder Horn Upgrade 2170595768
I know the stebel nautilus has to have a relay so does this one not need a relay for the extra power draw?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:31 am

Excellent add on and very easy to fit, thanks for sharing this Nick. Marauder Horn Upgrade 276246 Marauder Horn Upgrade 3322349030
This is a great set of aftermarket horns for anyone that doesn't want the hassle of fitting the extra wiring and relay required for some other horns. Marauder Horn Upgrade 3498837457

Crash, yes you can definitely get away without the need for a relay with this horn. Here are a few figures for anyone interested:
Stock Horn 105db - 1 amp (no relay)
PIAA Sports Horn 115db - 5.4 amps (no relay required)
Stebel Nautilus 139db - 18amps (relay must be fitted)
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:06 am

139db....my God, that's the noise level of a 8000hp dragster taking off at full blast... affraid

It's almost like it no longer serves the purpose of warning people but causing heart attacks instead Marauder Horn Upgrade 826855
Back to top Go down
BigPunishure
BigPunishure

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:47 pm

One rainy day when I have nothing else to tinker with (fat chance - too many hobbies to choose from) I will probably connect a relay to the horn circuit. A friend I work with has the Stebel Nautilus on his VTX1300 and it is loud.

Another friend actually ordered the "wrong" frequency set of PIAA horns, so I used them on the bike. He knew I was looking for horns and he called me.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 pm

BigPunishure wrote:
One rainy day when I have nothing else to tinker with (fat chance - too many hobbies to choose from) I will probably connect a relay to the horn circuit. A friend I work with has the Stebel Nautilus on his VTX1300 and it is loud.
No rush Nick but in an ideal world it would have one fitted. It could eventually fry the switch if held in the on position for a very very long time but I believe either your battery or your ears would give up before the switch.
Now go out and enjoy scaring people, I know I do with my Stebel. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm

As with everything...people are finding ways to take things to extreme...

This is hilarious:
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:18 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:55 am

Marauder Horn Upgrade 2740622253 Marauder Horn Upgrade 2740622253 Marauder Horn Upgrade 2740622253 Marauder Horn Upgrade 2740622253 - love it !
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Nick I just looked and they do these in chrome as well will suit some of the guys. Good find and good price Marauder Horn Upgrade 184121345
Back to top Go down
BigPunishure
BigPunishure

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:36 pm

captain crash wrote:
Nick I just looked and they do these in chrome as well will suit some of the guys. Good find and good price Marauder Horn Upgrade 184121345

To make the Amazon deal even sweeter, I used a promo code and got 20% off of the low Amazon price too! Free shipping as well. To my door (work actually) they were $39.50USD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marauder Horn Upgrade   Marauder Horn Upgrade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marauder Horn Upgrade
Page 1 of 1