Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Screen or no Screen !!!!!

Go down 
+7
Twojobmick
Bluesman
simbo
fat intruder
Mr Intruder
stingray
captain crash
11 posters
AuthorMessage
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

Screen or no Screen !!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:05 am

Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3498837457  Hi guys, I'm thinking of adding a screen to my M & would like to hear your thoughts, I'm thinking of tinted & the one that attaches to the fork legs, its not overly tall but I know it will make a huge difference at speed, my problem is do I compromise looks for comfort or do I just not go for it  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 143088812 I'd really value your thoughts & opinions  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 103551 

This is what I'm thinking of adding.
[url=javascript:onclick=history.back();]Screen or no Screen !!!!! VSSUSN28216M50Boulevard_600[/url]
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:56 am

go for it looks great  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3039991824
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Thats what one of our members had fitted, sorry cant think off the top of my head who it was. He thought it was great  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 184121345  Its surprising how small a screen needs to be to do a good job, go for it
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Just found his  - Thread LINK -  it was Paul/sandancer
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:33 pm

captain crash wrote:
Just found his  - Thread LINK -  it was Paul/sandancer

Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3498837457  Thanks for that Crash, a thumbs up me thinks, had a ride to Craven Arms today & took the M up to 95mph & I have to say its pretty dammed uncomfortable so a screen it is then  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 586905 , will post when fitted & tested,  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 103551  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 103551
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Glad the screen worked so well but not a surprise. Paul had that screen on his M800 when we went to Normandy. He came from Newcastle - Normandy (France) & back to Newcastle & he had nothing but praise for his screen. They also look so bloody good, very fitting for the bikes look.  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:17 pm

think he went on to Holland from France lucky git  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Good screen! looks good and serves good purpose  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:28 pm

One of the best looking cruiser screens I've seen  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 102087026
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Looks good to me - and it will make a difference when riding at speed
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi John,

That looks like a neat screen. I also like that it is fitted to the fork stanchions - should be nicely secured.  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 2645662097  

I was leant a Givi screen that mounts on the headlight bolts when I first got my VX ..... & whilst it helped deflect some airflow I was not convinced it was well fixed ...... but in fairness I did not have any significant problems. (Probably me being sceptical) This was a temporary loan from one of my mates as he'd taken it off one of his previous bikes - but was due to get a Hornet 600, which I regarded that the Givi screen would be wanted for (I try not to over-stay my welcome when being the recipient of good will gestures). I'd rate it as reasonable VFM & it is at the cheaper end of the screen market. Being a smallish unit the benefits are limited & you will have to decide if the 'look' is right for a cruiser. (I prefer a bigger screen on a cruiser)

I then got an ERA screen (Second hand - but 'as new') with the separate adjustable air-foil blade.
I am pleased with how this works  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 102087026 , but it probably would look 'wrong' on a cruiser.  :what1: 
The VX is a 'traditional roadster' type bike.

ERA do make other screens without the separate blade & some of them would possibly be better on cruisers (The ERA range seems to cater for a wide range of bikes).

One thing I was uncertain of with the ERA screen was that it is handle bar mounted - on just two brackets/support rods, but there is good adjustability. You have to tighten the fasteners in the nylon/plastic fittings a few times (Probably as the brackets take up the shape of the handlebars - but it does stay in place at the expected range of speeds  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3498837457  (i.e. anything the VX is capable of .... no unkind comments please !  ... I can see an open goal there !  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3213823784 )
The nylon/plastic fittings for the handlebars are sized for 25mm bars with an adapter sleeve for conventional 22mm bars (As on the VX).  So I could endorse the ERA handle bar mounted screens if that helps anyone.

Cheers folks  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 256401   Yam
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:29 pm

It looks much better than the cowl they have fitted to your bike,personal view,could not understand Suzuki putting a cowl on headlight.The way the screen is built will give you good protection from wind.
Back to top Go down
snaib
Prospect
snaib

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:42 pm

fat intruder wrote:
Hi John, Just fitted one of these screens to my bike,, What a difference, Wow. expensive but in my opinion worth it.. I got the taller of the two screens available.
Bill
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 6:30 pm

snaib wrote:
fat intruder wrote:
Hi John, Just fitted one of these screens to my bike,, What a difference, Wow. expensive but in my opinion worth it.. I got the taller of the two screens available.
Bill

Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3498837457 Thanks for everyone's comments Screen or no Screen !!!!! 103551  , I'm defo getting one soon, I'll post results   Screen or no Screen !!!!! 696333
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:47 am

Taken my screen off recently and I'm really enjoying riding without it at the moment. It's like riding a different bike !
Haven't done any serious high speed trips though having said that ... The novelty will probably wear off very quickly if / when I do !
Back to top Go down
Richard Jordan
Prospect

PostSubject: Hi I've just fitted a handle bar mounted tinted screen and I'm very p.   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2023 9:31 pm

stingray wrote:
Screen or no Screen !!!!! 3498837457  Hi guys, I'm thinking of adding a screen to my M & would like to hear your thoughts, I'm thinking of tinted & the one that attaches to the fork legs, its not overly tall but I know it will make a huge difference at speed, my problem is do I compromise looks for comfort or do I just not go for it  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 143088812 I'd really value your thoughts & opinions  Screen or no Screen !!!!! 103551 

This is what I'm thinking of adding.
[url=javascript=history.back();]Screen or no Screen !!!!! VSSUSN28216M50Boulevard_600[/url]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screen or no Screen !!!!!   Screen or no Screen !!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screen or no Screen !!!!!
Page 1 of 1