Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's

Go down 
+3
Mr Intruder
Rattler
Bluesman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Empty
PostSubject: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:50 pm

I keep getting rubber/leather burns on my pipes just on the curve. Found this Link Any one know a UK supplier who does this sort of thing? - I need 2. Not sure what import tax would be but would prefer to buy UK.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:01 pm

It wouldn't be much on that, if anything.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:06 pm

curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 428386 Agreed
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Gone for this one.... LINK Will show photo on bike when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:53 pm

I have just been looking at my stock exhaust thats hanging up in the workshop and remembered this thread. as the pipes probably follow the exact same line as the stockers, you could have tried the stock front heat shields as they are only jubilee clipped on.
If they did follow the exact same line I reckon it may have looked ok if they woud have fittted. I know your pipes are bigger at the top than stockers but I thought I would post it anyway as it had crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:07 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I have just been looking at my stock exhaust thats hanging up in the workshop and remembered this thread. as the pipes probably follow the exact same line as the stockers, you could have tried the stock front heat shields as they are only jubilee clipped on.
If they did follow the exact same line I reckon it may have looked ok if they woud have fittted. I know your pipes are bigger at the top than stockers but I thought I would post it anyway as it had crossed my mind.

Just what I thought when I first encountered the problem so I went and took one shield off the stockers and tried it on the new pipe. Unfortunately the problem area is right on the bend and the original would have to be bent in a good pipe bender to work. I decided to get the new one not to mess up the original. There seem to be a lot of straight shields for sale everywhere but this is the only curved one I have seen. Should be with me by the end of the month - I just hope the profile is the same as the pipe when I get it !

Thanks for the suggestion, anyway.curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Blues I have just been looking at the curved heat shields you have ordered and I can't get my head around why you are needing heat shields for under the exhaust curve for leather and rubber burns?

PS. Those pipes look nicer everytime I look at them, they are really growing on me

curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's HHshortcuts
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:31 pm

I probably did not explain the location very well.....I melt leather/plastic trousers on the top outer curve as on pic below. The convex heat shield ordered should cover that spot as long as the diameter of the curve roughly matches the pipe's profile. I also get boot heel marks on the lower pipe adjacent to the footboard but that is not nearly so bad and anyway is a sideways curve. I have rubbed off the top mark so many times the chrome has dulled so I am hoping the heat shield will give it a new lease of life. If not, I may have to reinstall my modified stockers for the winter and return to the Short Cuts next season.

[img:46c2]https://www.suzuki800.com/curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's BurnMark[/img]

PS The other alternative of course will be to wrap the pipes but maybe that's a bit too dragpipe for the C800!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Now I feel stupid lol!
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:54 pm

To tell you the truth I had to go out to the garage and have a look because I could not remember where the mark was myself without staring right at it even though I clean it off every other day!!curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 636111
Back to top Go down
DrewMechen
DrewMechen

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Just to add more to Blue's pic I have added where I am getting 'boot melt'. The fix for me is to move my foot away from pipe but the long term fix will be to get rid of the plates and get pegs but a little more forward

curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Pipemelt
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:03 pm

DrewMechen wrote:
Just to add more to Blue's pic I have added where I am getting 'boot melt'. The fix for me is to move my foot away from pipe but the long term fix will be to get rid of the plates and get pegs but a little more forward

curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Pipemelt

Good point.
Back to top Go down
DrewMechen
DrewMechen

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:22 pm

and what nice flowers you have :)
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:27 pm

DrewMechen wrote:
and what nice flowers you have :)

Threw the last of the geraniums in the bin just today - summer now seems a distant dream. Boooooooooooo!
Back to top Go down
DrewMechen
DrewMechen

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Noooooooo! I was out today down Poole and it was great, not hot and not cold perfic....if global warming means that I can go riding without a worry at mid November I say BRING IT ON!....sorry, still buzzing from todays ride.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:37 pm

DrewMechen wrote:
Noooooooo! I was out today down Poole and it was great, not hot and not cold perfic....if global warming means that I can go riding without a worry at mid November I say BRING IT ON!....sorry, still buzzing from todays ride.

Yep I was out today too in the sunny . But the boys are starting to put their bikes away - not so many parked up on the sea front as last week. Me.......winterisation.......not likely! Billy Connelly says there is no such thing as bad weather - only inappropriate clothing - how true!
Back to top Go down
DrewMechen
DrewMechen

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:46 pm

And he needs extra care as he has big banana feet.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Arrived today earlier than expected from Hong Kong (and with a free pen!)- no extra to pay. Curve is slightly tighter than the pipes but this is good cos it sits a bit proud in the middle and hence more air underneath to keep cooler. The clips were a tight fit. Could not get the lower one to do up - may buy a longer one but it looks fine and is very secure so I may leave as it is. Went for a ride - perfect! Rubbed my leathers on the shield several times when putting feet down but no marks at all. I may get something for the boot bit although that is not so much of a problem as a straight one will probably do. Now I am ready for the cold winter and I can wear my padded meltable suit (not to mention heated gloves!)

[img:3cd7]https://www.suzuki800.com/curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's DSCN20742[/img][img:3cd7]https://www.suzuki800.com/curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's DSCN20812[/img]
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Cool, that should save a load of hastle keep cleaning the pipes from now on then curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 2170595768
Glad they came to be honest, I have ordered twice from China and not got either
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Glad it's worked out well for you Bluesman.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Well in John glad you are pleased with result it pays to look around and think outside the box at times.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:39 pm

That works really good, outside the box is a good place to be curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:59 pm

captain crash wrote:
That works really good, outside the box is a good place to be curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 3498837457

curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 2215087486
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Thats the good thing about places like this, some times we can't see the wood for all the tree's and then some one comes along and makes us open our eyes curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 3322349030
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:59 pm

im guna order one asap john curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 996187811 .
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:43 am

peter perfect wrote:
im guna order one asap john curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 996187811 .

curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's   curved heat shield - Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curved heat shields for Highway Hawk short cut exhaust's
Page 1 of 1