Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips

Go down 
+2
Mr Intruder
MarcinG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Empty
PostSubject: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Gents,

CruiserCustomizing have just released several clips of Vance & Hines exhausts and the sound quality is perfect.
Finally some videos where you get crips thumping exhaust note.
I know...they're installed on HD's but who cares...it gives you an idea how the tone changes with different application of exhausts.
Also, that's the first time I saw a 2 into 1 into 2 system...sounds great.

Link

Dave, might be worth adding to video database (?)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 pm

MarcinG wrote:
Dave, might be worth adding to video database (?)
Not sure there is any point, due to the different engine, displacement & the pistons firing at 315 degrees with a 405 degree gap.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:59 pm

I understood half of your sentence but I get the picture V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 pm

V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2uRGNEwaL92-U7QpyOUfePY4Hisj8Ks4HFznLAOhRvzK-jSBw Potato Potato Potato V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Z Potato Potato Potato V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Z
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 pm

what's with the potato? :}
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 pm

MarcinG wrote:
what's with the potato? :}

HD exhaust note has been attributed to the potato, potato sound in the past. The true sound came from the carbed models which many believe is not the same with FI. The above sound clip sound could easily be from a Jap bike. Nice pipes. Ive heared some Intruder 800s sounding virtually as good, despite their smaller engine capacity. There's a young rider near me on a 125 with a big bore exhaust - you'd swear he was on a litre machine when he passes!
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Hahaha..I just said to myself "potato" several times in a row...
sounds like a Harley! V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 276246 V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 3213823784
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:48 pm

I love the sound of Harleys, they just sound amazing V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 2747638305
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:46 pm

V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 428386 gotta love that potato potato sound
Although dave is right, a great sound clip of the wrong bike with an exhaust you are thinking of buying is worth no more than a poor one on the exact bike you are buying.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Just trying to be helpful.. don't shoot the messenger V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 2795157665 V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 am

nobody is shooting anybody, just stating the facts as they stand. better than saying yes when the answer is no
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 am

Not sure whether this is the potato potato sound but anyway it's a video of my old HD. At the end of the movie it parks next to my Intruder. The two bikes had different sounding pipes, both nice in their own way, as far as I was concerned, very little to choose between them (one carbed and one FI).

Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:14 am

very little to choose between them hmmmmm, I suppose that would all depend on the quality of the hearing aid & yes that was very definitely potato potato. very noticeable on tick over especially.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 7:18 pm

captain crash wrote:
V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 428386 gotta love that potato potato sound
Although dave is right, a great sound clip of the wrong bike with an exhaust you are thinking of buying is worth no more than a poor one on the exact bike you are buying.

I understand what your saying about different bikes with the same exhaust sounding completely different, But if I just heard this without seeing it, I could easily think it was an intruder,Because it sounds more like my bike than my video does, I take it this Harley is fuel injected because it doesn't have the potato sound ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b3ZCOdLhpGw

Intruder with same pipe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7mdahh_gWh0

Or is it me that's gone deaf over the past twelve months ? V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Those pipes have got to be some of the best sounding pipes on the market bar non, really wish I had bought them now.
The Harley you showed was running on automatic choke for the duration of the video so hard to tell. The potato potato sound is most noticeable on tickover or at lower end rpm whilst the engine is under load. The potato potato sound comes from the closeness of the firing order and then the time gap before it starts again & so on.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Pro pipe is so deep sounding...love it.. but over half a grand....
I'm starting to save up now... tenner a month.. I'll get there :)
Back to top Go down
BigPunishure
BigPunishure

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:09 pm

The Marauder I recently bought from a friend has the Vance & Hines Slip on exhaust. Not sure which model, but as soon as I heard the bike I fell in love with it. It has a deep idle and when you "blip" the throttle it has a real nasty bite (similar to a Harley). When cruising it sounds awesome as well. To me it is fairly loud and I wear ear plugs when riding. Between the wind noise and exhaust I am trying to preserve my hearing because I am also an avid "audiophool" and I would like to continue to enjoy my audio collection!

I'll get an audio / video clip later today and post it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:47 pm

That would be cool, never seen a slip on fitted to one of these V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 184121345
Back to top Go down
BigPunishure
BigPunishure

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:30 am

Marauder VZ800 exhaust clip with Vance and Hines slip-on exhaust:

https://s1357.photobucket.com/user/BigPunishure/media/MarauderPotato_zpsc36376e4.mp4.html

I think the VZ800 type motor sounds (for a Japanese bike) as about as close to a Harley as you're going to get due to its 45* V twin design and dual pin off-set crank. I've even had some die-hard Harley fans say the Marauder w/ V-H exhaust sounds goods.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 am

I wonder if thinking a bike sounds like a Harley is secretly wanting one? I always wanted my Harley to sound a bit more like my Intruder with its killer pipes. Harleys can be quite high pitched. The burble is difficult to replicate purely the way the engine works. Owing a Harley is more about owning one than sound. That sound clip above is great in its own right.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:28 am

V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 428386 Don't understand that either Blues?
By the way nice sound, surprised it sounds so good to be honest as it is just a slip on. Bit hard to get a real feel for the sound because when you gave her some throttle it seemed as though the sound was bouncing off a wall or something, definatelly a good tone on tick over. I would have thought having the pea shooter header pipe still in place would have kept it a bit higher pitched but it didn't V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 184121345
Back to top Go down
BigPunishure
BigPunishure

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:41 pm

My point to all this is that the Suzuki V-Twin motor design sounds good and respectable. Yes, there is a lot more to a bike than simply its exhaust note.

I've already been around some Harley guys who looked at my bike with disdain and called it a scooter. Oh well, so much for closed minded people.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Sounds good! V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 3498837457 very much like a Harley as you say.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:03 pm

BigPunishure wrote:
My point to all this is that the Suzuki V-Twin motor design sounds good and respectable. Yes, there is a lot more to a bike than simply its exhaust note.
I've already been around some Harley guys who looked at my bike with disdain and called it a scooter. Oh well, so much for closed minded people.
There sure is, and the Suzuki VTwin is rock solid and yours has got a lovely tone as well V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 184121345
As for those harley guys you mentioned, just give them a wave as you pass them by while they are waiting for the recovery truck V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips 2030053686
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips   V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

V&H exhausts - high sound quality clips
Page 1 of 1