Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.

Go down 
+25
churchy
sayhello
v-twin
Twojobmick
volusiam4tt
OldManYam
Keith81
katsd
rossmofo
Mr Intruder
simbo
captain crash
Ken1964
Chuckie1976
peardrop3
Bigredbus4468
locoskullz
Rattler
Two-Bears
Bunso Steel
Proudtexson
JJW
Doc Cox
alfie92
fat intruder
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Ah so that's the reason for it. Yeah I've seen the 3/16ths. That's what I've passed on to the machining place. I just spotted that diagram earlier.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:35 am

Anyone know where I can find the part numbers for the VS1400 drive filler and drain plugs? The ones on mine have been a bit rounded.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Rattler wrote:
Anyone know where I can find the part numbers for the VS1400 drive filler and drain plugs? The ones on mine have been a bit rounded.
Hi Rattler, sorry for the late response to your question. What you have asked for and for reference to others if required is:

FILLER PLUG BOLT = 09259-30007 
&
WASHER/O-RING = 09280-27002

+
MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUG = 09247-14019
&
WASHER/O-RING = 09168-14004
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 pm

My drive is still sat in the garage. I can't decide whether to fit it or not. I love the bike as it is and most mods I have done are with increased low end in mind and I don't want to loose any of that acceleration I've gained.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Believe me, you will be annoyed at yourself that you have not fitted it before when you do actually fit it & see for yourself the gains. If you love it now as you say, then you will want to have sex with it after it has been done. VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 852880 
I have done every possible performance gaining modification possible to my bike and can honestly say that if I could only do one performance mod to the bike it would be this without a doubt.
I am looking forward to your post after you have fitted it because the doubting-Thomas will have become the newest advocate.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:00 pm

I know that if the holes are elongated then if need be I can go back to the stock one yeah? I may give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:01 pm

No problem at all. VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:02 pm

I met a guy at a rally a few weeks back that would machine my stock drive for £15. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 pm

That's a good price Rattler VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:12 pm

I paid £20 at a machine shop for mine to be milled so £15 is not bad at all. Not sure what Sim paid but I thought that the £20 I paid was a very good price due to the toughened metal.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
 Not sure what Sim paid but I thought that the £20 I paid was a very good price due to the toughened metal.
I took mine to work and called in the metal fabrication company we use, They said they didn't do that sort of thing but rang a guy they use for milling and sent me over with the shaft and spacer, He said just buy him a pint? So I gave him £20 as I'd remembered that's what you'd paid and thought it only fair he wasn't out of pocket. It was worth £20 just to watch a craftsman at work and discuss the the things they do VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 65147
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Rattler, any movement on this yet or are you still thinking about it?
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 8:45 am

Has anybody who lives down South fitted this mod. I'd love to have a look first.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:43 am

Dave...can you give me more info on this stopper plate that needs modifying please?
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:54 am

Also am I right in thinking that if I use the stock spacer it will be ok but if I use the VS one it will need 2mm taking off?

I've seen a photo somewhere comparing photos of the unmodified drive shaft with a modified one and annotated but I can't find it now. I want to show the guy milling it. Any ideas where I can find it?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: moved by admin   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi Dave, 
I'm going to order the seals etc tomorrow for my new diff from my local dealer but have a question.
Are the splines the same on the diff(1400) the same as the C800 wheel as when I got my diff it was on it's own & the only other part with it was the drive shaft as a complete component. 
No matching section for/from the wheel was included at all. :cmate:

& may I take this opportunity to wish you & your family a happy xmas & new year, one you thought you might not have seen due to your accident. I'm off work at the moment myself with depression brought on by work & my own head problems from years ago so xmas does not bring me much joy yet again I'm afraid, shinysideup!  ssc 

Peter
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Dave doesn't seem to be on at the moment, So I'll give a brief answer to your questions and let Dave elaborate when he's next on,

Rattler,,,,,,, Stopper plate? is it the one that goes between the hub housing and drive/ swing arm tube, If so? if your using the 1400 plate, no work needs doing to it, just to the drive/swing arm tube, the holes need elongating out to correspond with the 1400 plate.

Rattler,,,, Whichever spacer you use 1400 or 800, it needs to be milled down to 2 and 7/8th's of an inch.

peardrop3,,,,,, The splines are exactly the same as the 800 you don't need the part out of the wheel.
ps. hope your feeling better soon  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Thanks Sim, all I can do is here is reaffirm what Sim has said..  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:16 am

Yes rattler, if you have the 1400 plate, which you probably do?, because you got the swing arm too, it's like a metal gasket that goes between the joint of the drive and swing arm, the 3 holes need to match those of the 1400 plate/gasket for the 1400 drive to fit the swing arm.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Please note, we have done various unofficial checks and due to possible variations in spacers. We would advise that whichever spacer is used, it is milled to approximately 2.7/8" in length.

We have seen some longer and some shorter & because of the length of the drive shaft & the fitments of the ends and the possible availability of free play this measurement does not need to be exact. However it's better to be on the safer side of safe & get as close as possible to the 2.7/8" spacer length as possible.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:17 pm

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 428386 Agreed 2.7/8th" is the benchmark for the axle spacer in doing this mod, That's Two and Seven Eighths of an Inch in Old English measurements  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Nice one guys.
A question on the drive shaft..With the milling does the spline stay the same length?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:48 pm

No, The splines will be 3,16th's of an Inch shorter, because they mill that much off the end of the shaft and shoulder like the in the picture you posted.

(Edit by Admin) This can also be seen clearly in the 2nd picture of this thread on page 1.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Ah yeah I see. Nice one. I was supposed to be taking it to be milled tomorrow but will have to see as I'm struggling to get the circlip out. It's broke my circlip pliers.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:31 am

Rattler wrote:
I'm struggling to get the circlip out. It's broke my circlip pliers.

I do not have possess any circlip pliers, so found a red-neck way of not buying any.  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 852880 
I found the circlip was removable by using an old set of "needle nosed pliers" to enter the small holes in the ends if the circlip before squeezing & lifting. I remember reducing the size of the needle nosed plier ends a little so they would fit into the circlip holes better.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 2:38 pm

At last I have found this thread that I new I had read some time ago, very inspirational. I may very well consider this as it would seem both Simbo and Mr Intruder are over whelmed by it and I feel myself that it would indeed be a bonus to one's motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:30 am

is there any loss in power after instaling this mod? there are any power up mods to be instaled to compensate? i mean i didnt want to loose power when i am going to overcome a car or something...
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am

I was concerned about loosing acceleration. I've done all the mods to improve performance previously so apart from the initial set off which may be a fraction slower I don't really notice any loss. In fact after set off it may be better. So far I've not really found any negatives to this mod.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Chuckie1976 wrote:
is there any loss in power after instaling this mod? there are any power up mods to be instaled to compensate? i mean i didnt want to loose power when i am going to overcome a car or something...

If you did no power modifications other than the VS1400 drive I would not expect any loss in anyway when overtaking a car or similar object. The gears are longer so in turn I would think that you would be in a better situation than a standard diff as gear change would come later. And you would have a greater ability to change down and still have a usable gear. Overtaking anything is simply about getting the speed & RPM's in a good compatibility within the ratio. This I would say is easier with longer gear as the next gear when used for overtaking, where the length of the gear would be an advantage.
There is a negligible/very small change in the very earliest part of acceleration. The only time it really noticeable would be in the first few yards of acceleration. After that it is all gain, in all ways. To be honest if you were racing someone with a stock bike with a stock 800 diff from stand still they would reach a 20 meter marker quicker than you would, if you both accelerated at full bore. However after that you would only see them if you were looking in your mirror.
If you did added a as I have done a TRE (timing retard eliminator) and a fuel injection module of some description, I would have thought they would only be visible on a sideways glance at and shortly after the starting line and only in the mirrors after that.
Would I say the VS1400 mod needs any additional power modifications? The simple answer would be no.
If I bought one of these bikes again, the very first modification I would do is the VS1400 drive modification.
That's my opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Ok thats all i needed to hear. now i need the mod.:))
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Always please to help.  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 184121345
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:05 pm

For us that are not that mechanical can somebody point out exactly the parts needed for this mod and where do we get em . Thanks
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 pm

I got all my parts off Ebay.com
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Taken from the first post on page 1

Mr Intruder wrote:
Parts required + optional & price I paid.

VS1400 drive - £150.00
VS1400 drive shaft spring "ideally" (09440-30008)   if not supplied. £2.00 
VS1400 seal (09283-30026) - £7.10
VS1400 seal (09289-70002) - Optional £29.67
VS1400 circlip (09381-40003) - £3.12
Molly grease/paste (99000-25140) or equivalent - £5.99
Gear oil (75-90) - £14.16
- Either replacement or you original 800 drive shaft (27151-41F00)

You will need to have either your own drive shaft or a replacement drive shaft milled as described on page 1

I have highlighted the stuff you have to get in ORANGE The other stuff is left as YELLOW But it is advised that you get the VS1400 drive shaft spring

Not sure where you would get them from in Romania or if you need to order from another country?
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 12:20 pm

i found some things on www.cmsnl.com but they dont ship to Romania, i can ship it to Italy to a friend, then he can ship it to Romania. for me is unclear what VS 1400 drive means... is the whole assambly that makes the wheel spin ( as the chain at the bikes with chain transmission)? because that s the only item i cant find on http://www.cmsnl.com....and i dont know what to ask to my suzuki dealer...
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Chuckie1976 wrote:
for me is unclear what VS 1400 drive means... is the whole assambly that makes the wheel spin ( as the chain at the bikes with chain transmission)? because that s the only item i cant find on http://www.cmsnl.com

This is the "drive" the big silver looking thing in the middle.
It is not available as a complete unit from cmsnl.com you should by the complete unit used via ebay or other place and is the main part for this modification.

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 IMG_1168_zpse4f33b9f
pic 18
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Vs 1400 drive you all got it second hand , right?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes right, a new one would cost over €1300.  (£1100). This modification is only worth it if a second hand unit is bought.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:17 pm

I never thought for a second you didnt have the Drive, thats why I colour coded the list a few posts higher to show what you would have to get for this mod.  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 474255  :what1:
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:46 am

I got the intruder VL 800 year of manufacture 2013. What year of vs 1400 would fit this year?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:11 am

Chuckie1976 wrote:
I got the intruder VL 800 year of manufacture 2013. What year of vs 1400 would fit this year?

Any year VS1400 drive will fit any year VL800, with the modifications to the 800 shaft, spacer and swing arm.
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks.and now the search begins.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:28 am

Take your time and you will get one at the right price. Sometimes their is nothing out there and another time you can be spoilt for choice.
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:34 pm

If you see one on e bay or amazon or something please poke me...:) tx
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 pm

I have read this many times and feel it is something that I could easily do, I wonder if I am kidding myself. I have a good machine shop near me and shown them a print of the drive shaft changes taken from here and they are happy to do it. Would you recommend this modification to someone of a low mechanical ability but with descent ability to follow instructions?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:03 pm

I am sure Simbo and Mr Intruder will get back to you asap, they are the gurus  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 184121345 
Dave (Mr Intruder) has said even the village idiot couldn't mess this up but I reckon he was thinking of me at the time  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 1993399755
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi Ken, If you have the ability to use a socket set a file and a few other basic readily available tools, You'll be fine  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 3498837457  It does appear a daunting job to do, but it's really simple to be honest.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Ken all you have to do is follow the instructions, even I can do that & not screw up & as crash says we're all here to help out ok  VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:01 am

just a question( my mechanical skills suks so dont joke on me:)) if im buying the drive with the VS 1400 drive shaft included, do i have to mill this shaft also?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am

No chuckie, you just get the 800 shaft milled, the 1400 shaft is too short.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next