Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.

Go down 
+25
churchy
sayhello
v-twin
Twojobmick
volusiam4tt
OldManYam
Keith81
katsd
rossmofo
Mr Intruder
simbo
captain crash
Ken1964
Chuckie1976
peardrop3
Bigredbus4468
locoskullz
Rattler
Two-Bears
Bunso Steel
Proudtexson
JJW
Doc Cox
alfie92
fat intruder
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Thanks for sharing, sure that will help someone who wants to keep the false swing arm on VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 3005623951
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:28 pm

I'm posting this video just for reference as to what the bike sounds like at various speeds with the longer gearing of the 1400 drive.

1 min 22 seconds..........60 in 5th
2 min 16 .....................40 in 5th
3 min 02 .....................30 in 4th
4 min 48 .....................90 in 5th
7 min 42 .....................85 in 5th
8 min 39 .....................75 steady
13.44     .....................1+2nd up to 3000 rpm 3rd 4th 5th 4000rpm last bit up to 100 then a little 105mph 

My speedo is exactly 35mph fast, so I never broke the speed limit once officer VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 3005623951 
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:18 pm

simbo wrote:
My speedo is exactly 35mph fast, so I never broke the speed limit once officer VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 3005623951 
Ha Ha VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 3213823784 

Just listened to the whole thing, firstly you bike sounds very nice and deep with those pipes. Those gears are hugely better as your going through the box. A must do mod me thinks VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 102087026
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 pm

That second gear when you pulled away at the beginning just went on forever, Love it. It really is a must do mod, the drive just gives the bike a new lease of life. Bet your well chuffed with the difference of the drive over the stock one Sim.
Going out on mine tomorrow for an hour or two before working tomorrow night. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Bet your well chuffed with the difference of the drive over the stock one Sim.

Definitely Dave! On the way to Squires today, I left the M62 onto the A1 M in fourth gear and wound it up to 90 before changing into 5th and sat there cruising at 90!, It's a different bike now! so much more relaxed at motorway speeds, I'd even say it's better at slower speeds too, It just doesn't seem as buzzy and it should have been geared like this from the factory, I won't be putting the original one back that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Yes it is better at lower speeds for sure, simply because the gears are longer. You find that you are not changing gear all the time, a much more relaxed ride all around.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:57 pm

Sounds good Sim,well done m8.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Rattler wrote:
Looking at over £200 but is worth it by the look of it

Definitely mate, a massive difference in the way the bike rides, I've done London and back at 85 with the standard drive and felt like I was pushing it, but doing 85 now seems like a good speed on motorways.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:19 pm

I agree, if only one mod was done to an Intruder it would have to be this one.

PS, don't forget the price of the various seals, circlip, oil, and cost of getting the shaft milled but even then it's a no brainer as it ain't all that expensive. You can see what the extras cost me at the beginning of this thread, not to much at all.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Any ideas where to get a new stock drive shaft from? I want to get it milled while waiting for the drive to be sent.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:36 pm

I take it you've ordered one VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 3498837457 
I kept searching Ebay but had no luck 😕  I did think about ordering a new one from here http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oem-parts/suzuki/2009/vl800-c50-boulevard-k9/propeller-shaft-final-drive-gear-vl800ck7-ck8-ck9

But seemed to expensive, but cheaper than uk sellers, In the end I took mine in and they milled it while I waited, It took about 30 mins and he just said buy me a couple of pints Very Happy Don't forget you need 2 mm milling off the stock 800 spacer (fat end) while your getting the shaft done.

ps Just for note, the shaft and spacer are case hardened, not fully hardened steel just in-case whoever is doing it needs to know.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:48 pm

I've not ordered it yet but will be.
So it's the stock spacer that is milled. The 1400 one isn't needed.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Lol yeah I'm not paying that. I'll wait til it comes.
Did you order the seals through a dealer or site?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 pm

I used my stock spacer milled down by 2mm otherwise the drive sticks out to far from the wheel, I didn't get a 1400 spacer with mine so I don't know the measurements for that one sorry, As for seals, I ended up ordering off Ebay (usa) because after going to my local Suzuki dealer, they never got back to me grr, All original part numbers for the VS1400 end with 00 now if ordering from a suzuki dealer.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:30 pm

I've just looked at Robinson's Foundry. They have a couple of bits available in stock and the other 2 bits to order in but more expensive than Dave paid.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:28 am

I just go into my local Suzuki dealer with the part numbers, they then bring it up on the micro fiche, I confirm its the bit I want & it arrives 3 days later
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Cheers for that guys.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Rattler,  Just out of interest? have you thought about cutting the universal joint down by 3/16th (engine end) instead of machining the drive shaft?, Same principle just a bit more labour to remove it, but then you get to use a stock 800 shaft.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Didn't think about that Simbo. Which is the best way. So if the drive shaft is milled, it's the one from the VS1400?
I've just bought this btw. Cost about £215 including import duty. I got the cost of it down with making n offer on eBay. Hopefully can make some money back on the swing arm.
VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 2013-07-03_23-11-24-1
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Rattler wrote:
Didn't think about that Simbo. Which is the best way. So if the drive shaft is milled, it's the one from the VS1400?

The easiest way is to have the 800 shaft milled, doing it the other way means removing all the swing arm and rear suspension to get at the universal joint, I can't see you wanting to put the 800 drive back on once you done the conversion though.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:20 pm

I'd rather use the 800 one. I know its in good nick. Saying that this VS one was from a 2000 with 9000 Miles.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:28 pm

The VS one needs a lot more work doing to it to make it fit, it's a lot shorter than the 800 one so it would mean cutting and sleeving to lengthen it to suit and then balancing.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm confused now lol. So there are 2 ways to do it. One is modifying the stock drive shaft and the other is shortening the universal joint?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:33 am

Shorten the drive shaft!
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Ok will do Dave. I've ordered the the seals and circlip and also the spring.
Then after this is finished getting a TRE fitted and modifying stock airbox.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:55 am

It arrived yesterday. Just need to get the drive shaft machined and oil seals changed soon. Hopefully it won't be off the road for long.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:55 am

When you have the shaft milled it should take you know more than a couple of hours max to do the rest. Good luck and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:00 am

Hi dave,
what grease did you use for the rebuild and ware did you get it from, i noticed you give a part number is that the suzuki part number ?
thanks
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:09 pm

I actually just used suitable Lithium Molly grease that I had in my workshop myself, bought from Halfords if I remember rightly but it was a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 5:09 pm

I used this stuff, It gets everywhere! :aghh: 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS60-60-Moly-Assembly-Paste-100grm-Similar-to-Honda-60-grease-/130942496859?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item1e7cc7f05b
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 7:52 pm

I ordered Honda Moly 60 from the US for lubricating the splines in the past.
Back to top Go down
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:35 am

I have just ordered some Honda 60 moly from local honda dealer for £13 and pennies as i am going to pull diff and check for rust, also my friend has suffered a snapped middle joint pinion shaft on his 1100 dragstar (fairly common aparently} so a re-build needed their also.
I prefer the moly 60 paste over the grease as I find that moly grease is typicaly 3% to 5% moly even CV joint grease but as the 60% moly paste it speakes for itself
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 12:47 am

Will this require my Power Commander remapping?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:42 am

no
Back to top Go down
locoskullz
locoskullz

PostSubject: For the 1400 drive mod    VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:01 pm

For the 1400 drive mod will a rear out of a '91 work for my '03 vl800?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Just phoned Dave and he says it will VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 184121345
Back to top Go down
locoskullz
locoskullz

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks Captain!:yeahman:
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Rattler, Any updates on your 1400 drive yet?
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Simbo...I'm a little indecisive at times and nearly got a new bike lol. Back to the Intruder. I've found somewhere local that will machine it so I'm ringing them tomorrow.
Then for a TRE, air kit and apes.

It's a bit annoying that the case got damaged in transit. It has some quite big scratches which the seller is trying to sort but I do believe the false swing arm should cover them.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:43 am

I'm all about low end so here's one for you. Right now I have pipes and power commander and although it's not got its full potential from those mods it's not slow. I know that the drive mod will loose some of the low end but if I fit an air kit and TRE and have it remapped will that take it over what it is currently even after the loss from the drive mod?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Rattler I think from what you have written that are perceiving a drop in low end power, this really is not the case. You will need to give it a fraction more clutch from the off it wanting to pull away at full bore but from the moment you are no longer still its is all gain.

At the moment you only have the Free flowing exhaust and FI module so in effect your bike is still restricted. Let me put it like this, when the VS1400 drive has been fitted with the following mods "TRE - Hi-Flo air filter - free flowing exhaust - Fi Module" you will piss all over any your bike as it stands right now from A through to Z & will shock standard 800 owners at how quick your bike is compared to theirs.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 am

Ok great Dave. I'm gonna get it all done.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:31 pm

If I did want to change it back to the original how easy would it be? Obviously I would need a new stock drive shaft but it's more the fact that the mounting holes will have been drilled out bigger.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Rattlet wrote:
but it's more the fact that the mounting holes will have been drilled out bigger.

Not if you file the hole's to elongate them as opposed to drilling them out, 15 mins with a rat tail file and your done. VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Ah ok excellent. Did anyone get any pics of the holes elongated?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Like this VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 3498837457 It's not a great amount, a couple of mm off each hole.
VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 IMAG0526_zps47a37256
pic 20

Last edited by simbo on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:01 pm

So they are all elongated outwards. Cool. 
I'm waiting for the machining company to get back to me with a price and that for machining the drive shaft.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:12 pm

If you want to meet up and have a go on my bike to see what it's like with the 1400 drive on? Just give us a shout mate, I can give you some idea on what needs doing to install it too.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Could be an option bud. To be fair I've not heard one person negative about the mod.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:24 pm

You need the shoulder milling back 3/16th's of an Inch and the same off the end to allow for it going further into the universal joint, otherwise it sticks through the u/v joint and snags on the other side under suspension load.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.   VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VS1400 Drive & Shaft Modification ......................How To Thread.
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next