Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted

Go down 
+2
simbo
Rattler
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Empty
PostSubject: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:52 pm

I picked my bike up today after having the airkit and TRE fitted. 
I'm surprised at the gains and very pleased.
4bhp increase from 49bhp upto 53bhp and an increase of 6 ft/lbs from 48 ft/lbs to 54 ft/lbs.
Throttle response is a lot smoother and its great to ride.

Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted IMAG0633

Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted IMAG0634

Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted IMAG0635

Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted IMAG0637
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Sounds good Rattler Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted 2170595768  Did you notice the bike pulling stronger?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:49 pm

I spy with my little eye an aftermarket exhaust as well as the new air filter added, can we just have you confirm that you have a Fuel Injection module on the bike as well for the benifit of anyone looking at this and taking notes? I think I remember you once saying that you have one and the Dyno chart I think confirms this

The bike is looking great and you are doing some great modifications on her, thats a great increase you have got from here there. Keep up the good work Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted 65147 
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:04 pm

I've had the pipes and Power Commander for a few years now.
There really is a difference in the pulling and also throttle response both with and without the TRE activated so the increase in air is working well.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Thats great to hear, so you have now got a bike that runs how it is actually meant to run with no restrictions in place. You must be really pleased Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted 184121345 
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 am

Had my first decent ride out tonight on it since the mods with the club. It really does make a difference. It seems to have reduced rpm at motorway speeds. Is this possible due to the increase in Bhp?
I like it so much that I'm thinking about not fitting the VS1400 drive at all.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 8:31 am

I believe RPM will be the same as only power has been increased but you will have got there with the bike finding it much easier. The VS1400 drive conversion will drop the RPM's as this is actually changing the gearing. I have just glanced at the VS1400 drive conversion modification thread and the gears will become longer as well, it apparently is the best performance mod by far as I am sure Simbo will vouch. Good luck on your quest for the best that an 800 Intruder can run as you are one step away but close enough if you are happy with what you have Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted 184121345
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Nice looking piece of kit.That should keep a smile on your face for time to come.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 pm

captain crash wrote:
I believe RPM will be the same as only power has been increased but you will have got there with the bike finding it much easier. The VS1400 drive conversion will drop the RPM's as this is actually changing the gearing. I have just glanced at the VS1400 drive conversion modification thread and the gears will become longer as well, it apparently is the best performance mod by far as I am sure Simbo will vouch. Good luck on your quest for the best that an 800 Intruder can run as you are one step away but close enough if you are happy with what you have
Agreed crash Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted 3498837457 Doing the air filter,exhaust and fuel processor mods give the bike more torque and power which  gives better rideabilty and acceleration, but changing to a 1400 drive is putting the bike into a different league altogether and makes full use of the performance mods that are done.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 am

Still undecided. I can give it a go I suppose as I can always put it back again if I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Hey Rattler if you dont like the VS1400 drive box give me a prod as I'd be interested in it for my VL/C800 Intruder.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Yeah no worries man.
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Loving these mods. Really notice a difference.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi Rattler, just a quick message to say I've bought a vs1400 diff unit so would not want to ask as I feel you have used yours already.

Peter
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Glad you finally did and like the mod Rattler, never known of anyone that doesn't love them from what I have read
Back to top Go down
sickboy67
sickboy67

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:47 pm

looks great, glad to hear how pleased you are as I ordered my hurricane kit last week :) enjoy the ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted   Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunder Mfg Hurricane and Healtech GlPro T-R-E fitted
Page 1 of 1