Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel

Go down 
+7
customerlin
kardax
TwinDad
Spike
oldfart
captain crash
Mr Intruder
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Empty
PostSubject: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Well it was relatively easy to fit and being totally honest, from start to finish took me just over 2 hrs.
My Stebel was originally black and bare metal but I sprayed it all black to tidy it up. I know you can buy chrome but I already had one I took off one of my old bikes .
No need to take the tank off, I just lifted the back end about 6 inches and held it there with a piece of wood. That will give you all the clearance you need underneath for routing the wires. The Stebel likes a really good earth so I ran from the horn earth direct to the battery. I also heat shrinked all the spade & O connectors to the wires.
The wires were run under the tank inside clear tubing to help guard against engine heat and cable tied to the frame.
The switch box was hidden behind the plastic neck cover just in front of the tank, that is easy to get off just pull it out and then up. I left the original horn in place as it would be a pig to take off anyway; the horn wires were just pushed back up behind where the plastic neck cover goes and connected directly to the switch box.
I bought an L shaped bracket to fit the Stebel to the frame; however I did get the dremmell out to cut it down to size & shape it.

Here is a ruff drawing showing how I wired it in
stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel HORNWIREING-1

Well this is where I placed it, left hand side front
stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 11062010131

These things will wake the dead, they are really loud affraid stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 249703 lol! stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 29160
Here are a few figures for anyone interested:
Stock Horn 105db - 1 amp (no relay)
PIAA Sports Horn 115db - 5.4 amps (no relay required)
Stebel Nautilus 139db - 18amps (relay must be fitted)

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:06 pm

My mates got one of them sat on his garage shelf, me thinks I is going to see if I can get it for free.
Love the detail of the instructions man, even a thicken like I is can follow them geek
stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 881924
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Cheers Crash.
I always try to do a write up on stuff as it really does encourage others to do things that they might not have a go at Very Happy
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah Baby, done it!!!!!
Mr Intruder you really is the dogs bollox, I followed your write up and I now have a horn that will wake the dead and scare old ladies and makes small children wet themselves.
I can honestly say I would not even have tried doing this simple-ish modification if you had not posted a how to on it

stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 103551 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 433968 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 881924 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 29160 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 424285
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:51 pm

No worries mate, thats exactly why I did it stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3498837457
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 am

Thank you for your instructions it has inspired me and I might attempt this myself, a horn and fitting kit is about $60 so maybe 50 pounds which is pretty cheap... though I was wondering is it possible to leave the original horn operating as well and not knowing anything as this next question will prove, I assume one of these relay lines operate the original horn switch but which wire?.

....... I really enjoyed the lump of wood tech tip!!
Back to top Go down
Spike
Spike

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 am

Once I have the spare funds I will definalty be doing this mod. Got to work on getting this car back on the road yet.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Len you could have the stock horn wired in as well but it would make no difference if you use the Stebel air horn recomeneded as it is so loud it will drown it out. I followed Mr I's instructions and fitted one to my bike about a year ago and people will think a truck is blasting its horn, those babies are loud!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Len as Crash says you can have it running alongside the Stebel if you like but the Stebel is so loud that the stock one would not be of any benefit at all.
The only difference to the fit & wiring would be that you would need pull the live wire spade connector off of the stock horn & connect a double spade connector. You would then put the stock wire on to the double spade connector and then run the wire as usual to the relay.

Here is a link for you to Ebay OZ where the correct Stebel model is sold Link its the ones at the top 139db, you can get them in black or chrome.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:37 am

Okay thanks Dave, I have ordered one this evening as today I had a lady in a 4x4 not only move into my lane with a couple of feet to spare but then hit the anchors at the same time ... what the!!!! I had to duck around the side of her and yes I gave her a mouthfull but without any expleetives.... so looks like I will be using that block of wood sometime soon "Mr I"
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Oh why do they do that? Oh I think I can answer that, its because they don't give sh*t until they are in court for manslaughter and then the judge who has also probably never driven a motorcycle will let her off with a slap on the wrist.

I have trained myself to be ready for most of the crazy stuff car only drivers do and give them a handful of the air horn pretty quick. The problem is we won't always spot it coming and it could be the last crazy thing the car driver ever does that we don't actually see
stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 144396 Rest in piece Mr Motorcyclist stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3307848339 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3307848339 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3307848339
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:02 am

hey mr I that block of wood was 12"x3"x1" that stretches to the top of the battery and holds the tank up with plenty of room to get your arm into the abyss ..... I have gotten to it and pre prepared the wiring from the battery to the horn I hope 10amp is okay as I also added an "accessories" socket to the handle bars today.

***** I thought I had cut off a piece of clear tube and left it on the bench and went our for a bit, came back to get it and it was nowhere to be foundI hunted high and low for it, I blamed the dog for ripping it off as is her want to do at times, I went in and asked the missus if she had seen it with no luck so I asked me mum who was lounging out near the bike but no she hadnt seen it either, she offered "perhaps you didnt cut one" at all son, so I went with that and cut a piece off and finished the job ...... then promptly found the original piece I had cut "hanging around my neck"!!!! so that makes two blind womem, one guiltless dog and one stupid old guy hey ****

Question: where do I find the original horn relay block with the original spade connectors? is it near the battery? what does it look like, what do I do or dont do with it? I have a relay coming with the new horn as I ordered a fitting kit as well ..... yes I am bloddy stupid, sometimes I wonder how I got to be this old hey!

Last edited by oldfart on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 am

I don't think the original stock horn has a relay
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:41 am

okay so which wire operates the horn button on the relay please and where do I find it..... actually I am downloading the workshop manual so that might help.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 am

No a 10 amp will not be suitable, you need a 30 amp!!!
There is no relay to the stock horn & you will need to pull the live off of the stock horn and run it to terminal 86 on the new relay.

stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel HORNWIREING-1
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:50 pm

thanks for the clarification Mr I..... if I don't see any smoke coming off the bike when I press that button I can leap for joy or cower in fear from the noise it produces
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:37 am

Both stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 852880
Back to top Go down
TwinDad
TwinDad

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi. Guys, did this mod today, took me 2.5 hrs , half hour getting the old horn out, right pig that one!
Any way reason I did was to use the bracket. Placed it in exactly the same place and routed wires same except for earth from horn I used old mounting point. Think my horn is a Ring as steuble have stopped making them. Wiring needs to be 25amp with a 20 fuse in line straight after battery. OMG it's loud sounds like a truck!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 7:19 am

Nice one, it's rare that I used mine but when I did they Fekin knew about it.  hyst
Back to top Go down
kardax
kardax

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:59 am

Yes, that priceless moment, when some cager is blocking me, and doesn't seem to know where to go, so I push my stebel-button and see the driver jumping in the air in his seat...and driving away quickly Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:44 am

Yes theres a moment way they must think they are about to get hit by a 44 tonne truck or a train.  hyst
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 2:04 pm

I found a similar Horn in the Internet

Compact Airhorn 136db

Voltage:12V 
Color:Black 
Size: 12X11x4.8cm 
Easy to install It requires only one fixing point 
No air tubes needed 
No external air supply needed
Fitment: Fit For Car ,Vehicle ,Motorcycle,Yacht,Boat,SUV, Bike,ect
Installation Note:Connected directly to the battery relayIf you have not connected the horn relay,Can cause electrical problem It is recommended to use 20A-30A Fuse Mounting angle downward,so that moisture can not collect in the horn
If no sound or strange sound ,check the horn -wire (+/-)
Connect the grounding cable to avoid spark 
Disconnect the ground cable first remove 
Be careful not to put too close to the chassis of the horn-trumpe trattling noise reduction

Package includes: 
1 x Air Horn                     
1 x Relay

Price: 16€ (13GBP)

stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 141228030011676543

As I have never installed none, I do a Diagram of HOW TO... install, based in yours

stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 141228054724633315

And this is how it sounds

Not sure if you can do the wiring with 4 mm section

What you think?

Could it work fine?
(I'm not going to paint it, I like the style as it is)
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 7:23 pm

I like the drawing but do they really need lithium ion batteries?
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Absolutly not
That choice is free
stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 256401
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:43 pm

as all good choices should be lol just seen this hell yeh 136db air horn for 16 Euro looks like your on to a good thing to me stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3005623951 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3498837457 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 184121345 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3498837457

move out my way coming through lol
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:51 pm

customerlin wrote:

Compact Airhorn 136db

No air tubes needed 
Installation Note:Connected directly to the battery relayIf you have not connected the horn relay,Can cause electrical problem It is recommended to use 20A-30A Fuse Mounting angle downward,so that moisture can not collect in the horn
Be careful not to put too close to the chassis of the horn-trumpe trattling noise reduction

Package includes: 
1 x Air Horn                     
1 x Relay

I wouldn't mind a couple of those, Do you have a link to the supplier please?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:09 pm

( LINK )
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Good man!  stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3498837457
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 1:34 am

simbo wrote:
customerlin wrote:

Compact Airhorn 136db

No air tubes needed 

Package includes: 
1 x Air Horn                     
1 x Relay

I wouldn't mind a couple of those, Do you have a link to the supplier please?

LOL... It could be terrible!!!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Better price than a real Stebel Nautilus like I have on mine. Will have to get one at that price I think as I have a round version lined up for the Velo' when I get round to it.
BTW, Stebel were bought out by Fiammi in Italy I think, that's why they are not available anymore in the original form now.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 3:12 pm

I believe I recall a member fitting one on either side of his bike, that would be some descent wake up call.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 8:35 pm

I think you'll find that was me, now that's definitely one way of waking the dead. Fun as well. guttss
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 9:31 pm

if you had rear crash bars fitted you could have two facing backwards as well that would really kick someone's ass in to noticing you lol
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 9:09 am

Hmmmmm maybe they should go on the shopping list. stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 852880
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:02 am

stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 852880 always a great feeling helping fellow man/woman spend money on motorcycles lol!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:41 am

stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 996187811 stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 11:46 am

You lot need a kicking, I have spent loads of money because of you all. stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 3307848339
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 4:07 pm

You got lots of money so its only fair you know how I feel stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Hmmmmm not at the moment Crash, those days are a memory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel   stebel - Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suzuki C800, Horn Mod - Stebel
Page 1 of 1