Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batwing Fairing

Go down 
+15
EazyDuz
Mr Intruder
stingray
smart
alfie92
G.Terence
oldtom
OldManYam
fat intruder
simbo
peardrop3
Ken1964
yorky
captain crash
Twojobmick
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Here's some pictures of the preliminary fitting of my Batwing fairing. Still a bit of work to do on it, not least the handlebar mounts need finishing, screen needs polishing / refinishing and the paint needs doing on it but it's getting there. Hopefully I'll be in a position to test it out by next weekend, then I can make sure it's all OK before before it goes for paint.
It's taken some time and to be honest I've overanalysed it rather than just getting on with it but it's there now so ....

URL=https://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Twojobmick/media/imagejpg1_zps8d4fbf06.jpg.html]Batwing Fairing Imagejpg1_zps8d4fbf06[/URL]
URL=https://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Twojobmick/media/imagejpg2_zps7f9c3405.jpg.html]Batwing Fairing Imagejpg2_zps7f9c3405[/URL]
URL=https://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Twojobmick/media/imagejpg2_zps7f9c3405.jpg.html]Batwing Fairing Imagejpg2_zps7f9c3405[/URL]
Batwing Fairing Imagejpg5_zps600989d5
URL=https://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Twojobmick/media/imagejpg6_zpsf94c684f.jpg.html]Batwing Fairing Imagejpg6_zpsf94c684f[/URL]
URL=https://s1126.photobucket.com/user/Twojobmick/media/imagejpg3_zps9b5a4a61.jpg.html]Batwing Fairing Imagejpg3_zps9b5a4a61[/URL]
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:14 pm

I am sure they are good for weather protection but they do stand out a bloody lot, great price you paid as well if I remember  Batwing Fairing 184121345
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Yep Crash and to be honest, they're a bit Marmite I guess,. I paid about £100 for the fairing and around £30 in bits and pieces to fit it.

Screen is my old Slipstreamer one which I've cut down so that cost me nothing,mtherefore total cost is around £130 all in - better than around £400 for a Memphis Shades one. Besides that one fits to the forks and from experience that would not be as sturdy as the way mine's fixed. It is pretty solid even as it is, before I've secured the screen part !
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Great stuff Mick, its looking good !
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Very good job done, at an extremely low price. You must be so very pleased, I know I would be. Very well done Sir, well done.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 8:16 pm

yorky wrote:
Batwing Fairing 3498837457 Great stuff Mick, its looking good !
Cheers Alan - and in no small part thanks to your mate "Nick the Mechanic "  Batwing Fairing 3498837457

Tell him thanks for his help next time you see him please
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Ken1964 wrote:
Very good job done, at an extremely low price. You must be so very pleased, I know I would be. Very well done Sir, well done.

Thanks Ken .... One of those jobs that I wished I'd never started at several points during it but now w glad I did !
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 8:20 pm

looking good Mick!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Looking good Mick! I'll cast my eye over that next meet, I quite fancy the Batwing look  lgd
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 9:53 pm

I know someone that wont get cold hands and will keep pretty dry as well from now on Batwing Fairing 852880 nice work Batwing Fairing 3498837457
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Yes - that does look very functional for a touring screen, and looks the part on a cruiser style bike !
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Thanks for your comments guys ..... Part of the reason I've done this is for the France trip but I've always liked riding in "still air" ( hence the large Slipstreamer screen prior to this ) and this should afford me that luxury.
Plan now is to get some larger lowers ( black to match the fairing ) and somehow extend down through the crash bars to get complete protection when needed. Think I may have sussed a quick release system for the lower lowers (?) but I'll not really know whether it works until they get fitted.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:49 pm

they do crash bar chap's if you want them from what I've seen remember fit on and of your crash bars easily check em out Mick you might like em??
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:27 pm

fat intruder wrote:
they do crash bar chap's if you want them from what I've seen remember fit on and of your crash bars easily check em out Mick you might like em??
Yeah mate, I've seen them, they're called Desert Dawgs ....but I think they're shaped for a certain type of crash bar different to the standard ones 

I'll weigh up all options when I get to that point but thanks for the info pal Batwing Fairing 3498837457
Back to top Go down
oldtom
oldtom

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 12:00 am

That's coming along nicely. Impressive.
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi,
I really like the look of your set up. Perhaps we can have a chat when we are in France and you can give me a few tips.

G.Terence
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:59 pm

No problem Terence .... But I'm no expert !
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Excellent mod Mick,looks well.
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:11 pm

G.Terence wrote:
Hi,
I really like the look of your set up. Perhaps we can have a chat when we are in France and you can give me a few tips.

G.Terence

Terence Micks secret is gym toned body, tight trousers and he is Elvis's double !
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:38 pm

Looking good Mick Batwing Fairing 184121345
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:41 pm

smart wrote:
Looking good Mick Batwing Fairing 184121345

He will be Martin, Mick has a gym toned body, tight trousers, and he's an Elvis double!   Laughing  He still doesn't look as good as the Batwing though.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 4:56 pm

So, despite all the deraogatories from my "friends", here we are with the thing fixed on to the bike. Took it out for half an hour this morning and I must say I'm well chuffed. The mounts are rock solid and the screen os just about the right height for me. A little buffeting, but I think the lowers will sort that out.

So - picture one shows the lower mounts. These are actually the upper mounts from my old screen which have been modified to fit to a reinforced part of the inner fairing
Batwing Fairing Imagejpg4_zps52788dfb

This picture shows one of the upper handlebar mounts .... An old Highway Hawk mirror stalk, cut off, threaded and attached to a handlebar mirror clamp purchased from the local bike spares shop. You can also get another view of how the lower mounts are fixed on this pic .
Batwing Fairing Imagejpg2_zpsa92d68c9

Here's a shot of the complete fairing from the front of the bike. Not too sure about the massive cap nuts, may get some smaller ones before it's completely finished !
Batwing Fairing Imagejpg6_zps6d39e344

Here's a riders eye view
Batwing Fairing Imagejpg7_zpsaffbb893

And here she is fully dressed and ready for Normandy in May !
Batwing Fairing Imagejpg8_zpsed7d8276

Batwing Fairing Imagejpg9_zps72884648

I have to say, it looks a bit plain just in black ... I can't wait to see it once the front / top section is painted blue to match the rest of the paintwork, I think it will look much better then. 
The protection it provides is brilliant, had to turn the heated grips down to a setting 2 this morning as my hands were overheating  and never felt any cold on the top half of my body. 
Pretty chuffed in all ..... Hope you like it, you guys !
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Cant wait to see the paint job Mick, I think it will look superb, the plain black isn't doing it the justice it deserves, you've done a great job there m8, get that paint on and post pics asap oyili Batwing Fairing 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Nice job Mick it looks great!  Batwing Fairing 3498837457   oyili looks good as it is so painted it look shit hot  Batwing Fairing 102087026
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Thanks lads !

Maybe meet up tomorrow lunchtime (ish) Sim if you wanna have a closer look ?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Looking good Mick, good job done. Batwing Fairing 2645662097
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm

After seeing it first hand today, I must say you've done a tidy job there Mick! Looks the business  Batwing Fairing 3498837457
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Batwing Fairing 2170595768  looking good
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:05 am

Thanks fellas !
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 7:00 pm

I dont personally like the look of batwings but i bet it is a god send for touring. Coupled with lowers and i'm sure motorway rides would be a breeze, and dry if its raining.
Love that sissy bar bag and saddlebags though, how much did they set you back?
Back to top Go down
Keith81
Keith81

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Ive only just picked up on this thread and I must say Im loving the batwing. I think it will look even more awesome once painted. Is it going to be one solid colour or have you got a design in mind to match the front fender?
 Can I ask is it shop bought or have you had it made as I've not seen one before but have often wondered if they make them?
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Well, got word from the painter yesterday that it's all ready to collect, so going round tonight for both the fairing and panniers, which have also been painted to match.
Excited and ( strangely ) a bit nervous ! 

I was getting a bit twitchy as I thought maybe it might not be ready for the France trip but the guy hasn't  let me down, thank goodness.

I'll post some pics up when I get chance lads, then to get it fitted and get the rest of the bike prepared
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:29 pm

Looking forward to seeing the finished job Mick .... should look smart once colour matched etc. Batwing Fairing 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:51 pm

Woo-Hoo ...... Got them.

Not an absolute perfect match but the guy's done & re-done them 5 times in all to try to match the colours. I was told this would be a problem when I first enquires about having it done. Several people wouldn't take it on because of bad experiences previously. 

It looks close although the marbling effect is different but overall I'm happy with the result. Just got to get it on the bike tomorrow and see what it really looks like then.

Here are some pics in the meantime 

Batwing Fairing Image.jpg3_zps9hm6m2hi

Batwing Fairing Image.jpg1_zps8gbjhc2c

Batwing Fairing Image.jpg2_zpstsnp9g30
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:54 pm

Looks good Mick ...nice job Batwing Fairing 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Batwing Fairing I%20say_zpsokbjfmzp
Batwing Fairing I%20approve_zpsny0bp0ox
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:03 pm

I am sure your bike will look amazing, when it's all back together.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:09 pm

looking good Mick!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks guys ..... We'll see what you think on Thursday when you see it in the flesh 

OMG - only 5 days before we set off !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Stunning paint job... Look forward to seeing it in France.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Looks well Mick, he has done you proud. Certainly an eye catcher.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 10:18 pm

That looks the dogs bollox, love it, love it, love it. ilis
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 8:50 am

That looks ACE Mick, oyili
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 5:21 pm

o, after an afternoon of fixing and adjusting, fitting lowers, testing, adjusting, testing, adjusting, and finally getting rid of most of the head buffeting ( 95% of it anyway! ), its finally sorted !

Hope you like it guys ......  Pictures below :

Batwing Fairing Image.jpg2_zpscb9wlh4b
Batwing Fairing Image.jpg3_zpsbhthsst5
Batwing Fairing Image.jpg5_zpsnnuijopu
Batwing Fairing Image.jpg1_zpsura45htv
Now just an oil change and to fix my box on the bag and I'm all ready for La Belle France !
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Looks good now Mick, really does! Batwing Fairing 3498837457 Batwing Fairing 3492671266
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Looks spot on Mick! oyili
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Batwing Fairing 428386 to that ..... lgd Mick ...... a really nice job.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 9:47 pm

Oh now that looks real purty. oyili guttss
Back to top Go down
oldtom
oldtom

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Now that is a superb job well done.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Cheers lads, your comments are much appreciated.

Hope all attending the Ride of Honour tomorrow have a fun & safe day !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Batwing Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batwing Fairing   Batwing Fairing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batwing Fairing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next