Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cam chain timing marks on stator ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cidere
Prospect

cam chain timing marks on stator ? Empty
PostSubject: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi every one just got a VS750 1989
was running before i got it but mate took the cams out to replace
and them sold it to me ? ENGINE IS OUT
well the timing marks on the cams line up with the head ok BUT
on the stator there are 2 diffrent sets of marks ?
FF gap then  T with 0 engine side
RF gap then T with a 0 engine side
the stator cover is OFF so i can see pionter better
the engine rotates with spanner but jams if i ajust the valves,
so i no the cam timing is out?
so which mark do i use ? to set the cams up ?????
any help please ?
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 4:02 pm

best thing to do is get a manual for your bike that should tell you what to do I do have a workshop manual (has no pictures) for your bike as I used to have a vs750 (red one) but it is round my mates house and I wont be going to visit him for a couple of weeks I think there is a manual on this site if so try looking/downloading it see if info you need is in it sorry cant be of much more help pal
Back to top Go down
cidere
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Thanks for that ,just had a quick look through manual and i think hes lined it up with
the FF / RF  marks insted of the T marks ?
ill pull the cam main cover off in the morning to have a look at the cam lines !
Thanks for your help thumup
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 6:48 pm

cam chain timing marks on stator ? 3498837457 great to hear mate hope problem is sorted
Back to top Go down
cidere
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi guys,Well took rocker cover of FRONT  pot,
turned engine round to F/T mark the line on camshaft line up with the head,arrow facing front,
engine turns free,put cover back on,l ajust tappets turns over, it jams ????????
so from what i can gather its hitting  front vales just before the FF mark ?yet this engine was running not long ago ?
it had new cam chains and tentioners,
cam chain timing marks on stator ? 1090754380 cam chain timing marks on stator ? 1819138991 cam chain timing marks on stator ? 1819138991
Back to top Go down
cidere
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 3:57 pm

just pulled the rear cover,turned engine to R/F T cam lines uop with line arrow to front,lose tappets
took camchain of front cam,rotated engine full turn set cam  that JAMMED
took chain of turn engine again redo cam jam ?
a big  F on front cam ???????????
babababab
Back to top Go down
cidere
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 3:59 pm

just looking through the net and seems a dutch guy had simular problem ?
Back to top Go down
grumpy grandad

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Sorry not replyed sooner been on me hols,
I KNOW wots wrong !!!!!!!!!
you set rear cam ! perfect
now here is where your going wrong ?????????
turn your engine CLOCKWISE to the FF/  T MARK thumup
then set your cam up as you have been doing !!!!!!
i bet you a tenner you have been turning  ANTI CLOCKWISE ? cam chain timing marks on stator ? 2516569736
iv done 3 sets of cam chain replacements,in the last few months,
the manual is SPOT ON,  read it then read it again
it says (turn clockwise) if you do ANTI your miles out and it jams the front cam !
had a mate do the same a few weeks ago,
a big SHOUT to you guys for all the manuals on here :thankyou.:we would be lost with out you !!
Back to top Go down
cidere
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 10:36 am

YES YES YES FANTASTIC
well wot a dick iv been LOL
looked in book it says TURN CLOCKWISE,
i did as you said put rear cam in on the rf  T mark  T for (TDC)
turnd engine round CLOCKWISE put front cam in on the ff   T MARK
put covers on and ajusted tappets perfect,
i had just turned the engine with the least resistance ANTICLOCKWISE
not thinking (im such a dumdasssssssss )
any more jobs i need to do il read the MANUAL twice sssmily 
cannot thank you enough
think i owe you a £10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cam chain timing marks on stator ?   cam chain timing marks on stator ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cam chain timing marks on stator ?
Page 1 of 1