Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As Green As They Come

Go down 
+21
captain crash
fat intruder
Ken1964
Lowey
Bigredbus4468
mick9264
Doc Cox
scorpion2006king
Twojobmick
vex918
smart
peardrop3
hawktheslayer
stingray
petetesch
DaveC
Skidalot
alfie92
yorky
simbo
Mr Intruder
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

As Green As They Come Empty
PostSubject: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Well You not going to get a newer newbie or greener biker.. but here I am.

After a life long dream to ride and enjoy the road I have finally made that decision.

After months of looking and research I finally went and bought the bike I wanted .. Suzuki Intruder M800.

I dont even have a bike license yet! I go for my CBT next week and start my DAS next month. In three months I will ride my M800 but it is the dream and I will do it. 

So here's a hello to all of you as I start out on this journey as green as they come and all the help I can get!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Good to have you on board   Justyn, you won't find a friendlier place to while away the hours. Good luck with you CBT and DAS, keep calm & you will breeze it. If the  shtf don't worry just do it gain. I'm not far from you in Swindon & hope to see you soon after the dastardly test has been put to bed.
We were all green once & some will always be that way, welcome to the site, enjoy your bike & this site. If we can help you in any way will.
As Green As They Come 1530558013
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi Justyn   As Green As They Come 18617   WELM I admire your confidence! and choice of bike,  Good luck with your CBT and DAS  As Green As They Come 3498837457

Last edited by simbo on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Good luck Justyn...it'll be worth the effort and stress !!
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Dave and Simbo,

Thank you. Never know how it will go down but great to be here. I'm sure I will be asking a million questions but will get there eventually.

Justyn
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Thank You Alan!
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 pm

As Green As They Come 2773974287 Justyn, & As Green As They Come 304308752 As Green As They Come 18617

That's a great dream to have ..... take it easy through your direct access training, & don't let anything dishearten you.

As Dave says - we all start from the same place .... & all have the capacity to learn & enjoy motorcycling.

Good luck with your training & tests !

As Green As They Come 3005623951   Yam
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:59 pm

Thank you Yam,

I wont lie its daunting but you gotta face the dream.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Welcome Justyn, good luck with your test. You are entering a newly found brotherhood that none riders no nothing of. We will all be wishing you well on the day of your test and for every freedom day you then enjoy from that day forth. Dream the dream and one day you will live it.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Thanks Ken,

You right we don't know it but something I've admired. Not the gangs but the brotherhood as you rightly said. Will keep updated on the tests and bruises !

Cheers
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:15 pm

As already said on here,good luck with your test, just listen to what your instructor tells you, and take your time.Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:20 pm

As Green As They Come 2773974287 and As Green As They Come 1530558013 good luck on the test As Green As They Come 3005623951
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:27 pm

:welcm:Justyn and I'll echo what everyone else has said with your test! As Green As They Come 3768075377
Thats a nice choice you made with your bike there too As Green As They Come 3498837457
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:28 pm

when you get your licence just don't strap the shield and axe to your back hehehe the helmet would look pretty cool though
Back to top Go down
DaveC
DaveC

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:30 pm

Love your positivity Justyn, good luck with the tests, I'm sure you'll breeze them, and welcm  To the forum
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Alfie, Morgan, Skid, Dave,

Thank you for the welcome and words. 

Yeah the sword might be a bit much but may need the shield to start. Helmet may work!

Cheers all
Back to top Go down
petetesch
petetesch

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:01 am

Welcome      As Green As They Come 1218875559
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:43 am

I wish you luck with your bike tests, when they are all behind you enjoy your motorcycling and take it easy, over confidence and over estimating your own ability as many do, would be  your biggest enemy.

All the best I hope it all goes well for you.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:45 am

Hi Justyn & As Green As They Come 2610028573  good luck with your tests m8 As Green As They Come 3498837457
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Pete, Jeff, John,

Thanks for the welcome and luck. Yeah I'm in no hurry to go crazy just want to enjoy it and ride. Still wondering why I decided to start in the beginning of winter and not summer but hey we gotta do it!

J
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi Justyn from Justin! have fun and ask all the questions you like these guys are a font of knowledge and are always willing to help and or take the piss! but in the friendliest way.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Justyn  As Green As They Come 304308752 & welcome to the motley crew! You'll learn to ride by listening & watching just like we all did way back in the day.......
Anyway good luck & just take it steady ok & it'll come easily ok.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Welcome Justyn better late than never, you will be wondering why you never did it years ago when you get the buzz it gives you when you have passed. Good luck with you tests as well matey 
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Good luck with your tests Justyn & As Green As They Come 304308752
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Justin, Peter, Crash and Martin,

Cheers Guys, the welcome has been amazing. Yeah should have done it years ago.. right now im wondering why i didnt do it in the summer. Got my cbt on next Saturday.. first step.. 

Thank to all for welcome - i needed this

J
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Not aware how old you are but I was 36 when I started riding, your never too and we all wish we had done it earlier. Just to let you know I failed first time, put me foot down on the u turn! but went home downloaded the specs for the test chalked them outside my house and practice practise practice 3 weeks later breezed it. so don't ever give up hope. 2nd best thing I have done in the last 7 years (1st being getting divorced!)
good luck for Saturday relax they aint gunning for or trying to fail you.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:24 am

1st being getting divorced hahahahahha HI FIVE As Green As They Come 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 11:37 am

Justyn the CBT is no more than that 'compulsory basic training', it's a day to listen, to learn and enjoy without any pressure. It is a day of compulsory basic training, no a pass or fail.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Hawk,

This is strange but I am 36 now, just got seperated... yeah good times. But really looking forward to it and determined to get it. Great idea on the chalk lines. Thanks for the encouragement, realised what I'm doing last night but this is something I want.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Morgan, Hawk... WHat is it with women and bikes????
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Dave

cheers for that - didnt actually know... just hope it aint pissing it down on saturday - then get a 125 loan bike to practice on - got my theory booked now for the 4th - they say its hectic. Someone recommended the theory test cd pack.. any idea??
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 5:30 pm

if you have driven before the theory will be a breeze all the road signs are the ones you have been looking at all the while you where driving, the only part that's a bit confusing is the virtual riding video as you come up to a row of parked car you have to click for each car as a danger not 1 click for the row of dangerous cars, if that makes sense
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:58 pm

hahahahha it's not  always women and bikes some women love um best to find one that does next time spaniard  hehehe maybe I should take my own advice lol
Back to top Go down
vex918
vex918

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 pm

fat intruder wrote:
1st being getting divorced hahahahahha HI FIVE As Green As They Come 852880

+1  As Green As They Come 3213823784

Anyway  As Green As They Come 936075699 Justyn and good luck with all parts of your test
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 6:41 am

Fare thee well on thy crusade, brave knight ! As Green As They Come 696333

As Green As They Come 1530558013
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 11:07 am

sorry Spaniard forgot to say if possible yes I would get the theory test thingy to practise at home and do it lots ov times  I got one and failed miserably at the hazard perception part many times hahaha but after I practiced I passed the real test
Back to top Go down
scorpion2006king
scorpion2006king

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 11:37 am

A warm welcome Justyn, a great choice of bike good luck with the tests and please when you do get on the road dont try to run before you can walk and stay safe, I hope you have as much enjoyment out of the whole motorcycling lifestyle as I have and still do
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Morgan too true about the women and bikes thing... gotta get the two together!
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 5:40 pm

vex, mick, scorpion,

Thanks for the welcome.
The crusade has begun.
Definitely gonna walk before running.. probably crawl but it will be good.
Really happy with the bike... gonna need some tips on breaking her in..

Cheers to all!
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:38 pm

The Spaniard wrote:
vex, mick, scorpion,

gonna need some tips on breaking her in..

Steady Spaniard lol that could be one crusade to far hyst
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Intruder,

I meant the new engine on my bike... Think that might have come across wrong lmfao... Yeah it's a pre reg so although 2013 , new engine..

To the forum...

Gonna need to buy some boots... Any advice? Not wanting super racing books but rideable for cruising... Make sense?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Scratch the last question gonna take it to the full forum posts... This is intro
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Ok... So where the heck do I ask about boots in the main forum??.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 6:12 pm

General chat  As Green As They Come 3498837457
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 7:58 pm

thanks simbo
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 12:12 pm

To all,

I passed my CBT yesterday! Full on. The ride out was awesome.

Next theory test on the 4th..

Btw I am typing this with one finger as my hands arms and shoulders are so stiff ...

the spaniard
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Well done, one step nearer.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:25 pm

very well done sir all paced and ready for the big one. didn't want to say before just in case but the only person I know of to have failed it was some one who went strait over a roundabout, not a mini one

hyst
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Well Done Justyn!  As Green As They Come 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Well done Justyn  As Green As They Come 3498837457 good luck with the rest of the test, took mine in "73" on a BSA Bantam Bushman  As Green As They Come 973941 You have chosen an excellent forum to join, plenty of info, laughs, leg pulling and helpfull people, enjoy the stay it will be well worth it,  As Green As They Come 304308752 welcm As Green As They Come 1530558013 As Green As They Come 936075699 As Green As They Come 2610028573 WELM As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 2773974287 As Green As They Come 881924 Regards Doc Cox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As Green As They Come
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next