Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As Green As They Come

Go down 
+21
captain crash
fat intruder
Ken1964
Lowey
Bigredbus4468
mick9264
Doc Cox
scorpion2006king
Twojobmick
vex918
smart
peardrop3
hawktheslayer
stingray
petetesch
DaveC
Skidalot
alfie92
yorky
simbo
Mr Intruder
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

As Green As They Come - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks to all for the support
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 pm

I know it will never make any difference, but think of it like this:
The test last for X amount of time, the worst or best driver or rider can pass first time, because you have to get it right for a little while. That does not make the worst rider good if he passes first time. It sure as hell don't make a good ride shit because he passes 2nd 3rd or 4th time. It is all about those few minutes & whether lady luck is on your side or not.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:53 am

You'll pass the next time just as you did with the first one.
Back to top Go down
DaveC
DaveC

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 9:47 am

Just think of it as 2 weeks less shity salt on your bike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:00 pm

good shout Dave there was mean frost this morning where I am gritters would of been out last night for sure
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:37 am

Good words Dave thanks. 

So yo add insult to injury... sold the marauder 125 in lieu of license... so now got a kawasaki d-tracker from the shop... feel and sound like a 17 year old wanging around... was proper miffed.. but took some advice and headed into the hills with it this weekend... and to be honest had such a bloody blast in the mud... It was good therapy went back again Sunday.  Wouldn't want one permanently but beats a shrink.... 

You all worrying me about the salt and the new bike... I will have to ride to the station and then leave it all day and ride back... leaving the salt on it all day.... thinking of buying a little marauder for the commute and the big bike for weekends... any ideas???
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 6:41 pm

yep best idea  is don't panic it's salt not acid As Green As They Come - Page 4 3213823784 just give it a good wash down every two or three days that what I do, yes it does get a bit much sometimes but if you use your bike in the winter it's a good thing to keep on top of cleaning it what every bike it is
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks Morgan. Wasn't sure after all I heard about salt in UK. Hopefully in a week I can test it. Just a rinse or a full wash down? Rinse in the week and wash on the weekend?
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:47 pm

I just give mine a wash down with a jet wash then a bucket of water with some car wash/shampoo and a cleaning mitt then jet wash it off As Green As They Come - Page 4 3005623951.
some people say that you shouldn't use a jet wash on bikes but that's how I clean all my bikes (since jet washer's came out) and have never had a problem just make sure you don't go to close in around certain parts then as you say every second or third wash I make sure I do a bit more of a detailed clean works for me
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 am

Thanks for that Morgan... Gonna have to make it work... 

48 hours and counting. This has been the longest two weeks of this entire crusdae just waiting for the next battle. Got my Mod 2 on Thursday 11am... 

Once more into the breech my friends .. once more
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Good luck for Thursday Justyn  As Green As They Come - Page 4 3498837457
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Yep Justyn .... we've got everything crossed for Thursday - just keep your cool - don't let anything put you off, & even if you think you might have made a mistake - just keep on concentrating & riding to the standard you have been shown ....... what a great Christmas you will have once you've achieved this milestone !
Best wishes .... Yam As Green As They Come - Page 4 3005623951
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Thanks Sim and Yam,

Just want to get on with it.

Had heated grips fitted today.. early christmas present from a mate.. used to be a AWR.. gonna be a black christmas if i duff this one up as well... but should be good

cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:14 am

Good man, keep the faith and your life will become free. As Green As They Come - Page 4 3498837457 There is nothing like the wind in your face and a tank full of fuel, sometimes riding when you don't know where your going to go can be real cool.
As Green As They Come - Page 4 4004291121
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Good man, keep the faith and your life will become free. As Green As They Come - Page 4 3498837457  There is nothing like the wind in your face and a tank full of fuel, sometimes riding when you don't know where your going to go can be real cool.
As Green As They Come - Page 4 4004291121
Good luck for tomorrow Justyn, try and relax and enjoy it.

With regards to above, I never really plan my rides out, I just tend to go where my front wheel points, I do try and remember where I have been though so that I can get home again :)
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks Dave and Andrew.

Holding on for tomorrow. I don't want to get too excited cos I was so disappointed last time but keep it cool, Get through the 40min and ride.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:53 pm

I see Mr Intruder is behind you in a big way Justyn, you're now front page news :)
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Good luck tomoz m8,enjoy.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:03 am

Best wishes for today Justyn .... you've even made the header section with all those babes cheering you on.

Hope it goes well for you & that you achieve the result you are aiming for !

Be calm, stay focused & don't let anything cause a drop in your standards (i.e. don't let a minor mistake put you off) .... You show 'em you can do it - its all about demonstrating you have a good level of control, look confident, and have 'road sense' with respect for other road users.

Go for it !   As Green As They Come - Page 4 184121345 Put on a good show for them !  As Green As They Come - Page 4 666713

We all want you to come back smiling As Green As They Come - Page 4 973941

As Green As They Come - Page 4 3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 am

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:55 pm

THE CRUSADE HAS ENDED. WE HAVE REACHED JERUSALEM.

I am happy to wrote that today I passed my final Mod 2 test with nothing more than a minor for over cautious. 

A MASSIVE THANK YOU goes out to all the guys and gals of this site that have shared this with me. It started on the 8th of October on this post and though there were some ups and downs I must say that the constant support was a huge help. Thanks to all.

I am also now the proud owner of a Silver SUzuki M800. She is gorgeous. All those cold mornings and wet training sessions were worth it the minute I rode her out the garage. Such a smooth and powerful ride. Not a racer but just gorgeous.

I now have a million other questions but will wait another day and move it to the official forum. I look forward to riding with you all one day through out this country and to the guys and gal when we do France next May.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:58 pm

HAHAHA I just saw the front page. THANKS INTRUDER.

You guys are legends!!! HAppy f..... Days!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Congratulations Justyn. Let the fun begin.
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:05 pm

wow As Green As They Come - Page 4 2170595768   You're on your way now Justyn!!! As Green As They Come - Page 4 256401
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Congratulations Justyn!  As Green As They Come - Page 4 2170595768 As Green As They Come - Page 4 256401
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Wheyhay...here we go !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Congrats Justyn well done.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Excellent News .......... Well done Justyn .... wagg

Can almost see your smile from here (Up North) sssmily

As mentioned above .... Now the real fun begins .... take care & enjoy your M800

As Green As They Come - Page 4 565813 As Green As They Come - Page 4 773589 As Green As They Come - Page 4 666713 As Green As They Come - Page 4 374903 As Green As They Come - Page 4 565813 As Green As They Come - Page 4 773589 As Green As They Come - Page 4 666713 As Green As They Come - Page 4 374903 As Green As They Come - Page 4 4004291121 As Green As They Come - Page 4 565813 As Green As They Come - Page 4 773589 As Green As They Come - Page 4 666713 As Green As They Come - Page 4 374903

Go get yourself a drink  As Green As They Come - Page 4 256401 CHEERS !

As Green As They Come - Page 4 3005623951   Yam
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:17 am

Well done, ride safe and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Well done Justyn! we were all pulling for you I'm sure! Now begins the time to really learn your bike & the style it has!
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Thank you. Andrew, skid, simbo  . Alan. Alfie. Yam . Jeff. Pete..

Barely had it 30 hours and done 200 miles already..
 Loving it... had to adjust the rear brake but just loving it... got the whole weekend ahead. .. bike shop laughed when I called and said I will need to book it in for the first 600 service on Monday. .

finding the sweet  spots... I take it its normal when revs too low or high she vibrates alot but when it's right she is smooth???... .
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:25 pm

So very pleased to read that, well done Sir.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:04 pm

The Spaniard wrote:
I take it its normal when revs too low or high she vibrates alot but when it's right she is smooth???... .

Yeah the V-Twin engine can be a little lumpy, more so when being laboured.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Justyn don't forget it needs running in matey! Don't let it labour too much so keep it working up n down the box nice n steady.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:47 pm

congrats well done As Green As They Come - Page 4 3498837457 ride safe
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks Ken and Morgan. ..

Taking it easy on the new engine... must say 250 miles in and she seems to have settled smoother now. .. out on a ride and just loving it on such a gorgeous day.. don't notice the miles... 

I've had a tough year but this has just made it all worth while. .
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Congratulations Justyn!  bliss   As Green As They Come - Page 4 256401 have fun now your fledged
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Congratulations, well done.  sssmily
Back to top Go down
DaveC
DaveC

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Great stuff Justyn, great Xmas present, enjoy your new bike and ride safe As Green As They Come - Page 4 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Well done matey As Green As They Come - Page 4 184121345
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks Martin, Intruder, Dave and Crash.

Its been an amazing week. Already done nearly 800 miles. Yesterday was one of the  best with such great weather and great way to distract from the family not being here. Just love riding it.

Got some panniers and gps. Got so lost a few times this weekend. was good fun. Now need to clean it and acf50 it for the weather coming up. 

Once again thanks to all for the support. I wanted my license and bike by Christmas and the ride on Christmas day was just the perfect point to that. So thanks to you all.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Glad your enjoying it  As Green As They Come - Page 4 3498837457
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm glad hes enjoying it As Green As They Come - Page 4 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:04 pm

Oh man I really wish I was you. I still get excited when riding, but nothing beets the buzz of that first year. The from getting miles under your belt and knowing that your getting better is second to none.
Just don't ride faster than you guardian angel can, never try to impress anyone including yourself. Take care.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks intruder.

I'll enjoy it for as long as I can. It is something to enjoy and respect and it's been a long time since I experienced this first joy. Sad but true. Really taking it easy especially now with the weather turning.but I truly believe that my guardian angel held off that weather and gave me Christmas  day so perfect for all the rain and cold it took to get my bike . Not religious but when the sun shone and blue sky yesterday ..got to believe in something.

Thanks to Simon And Alan as well .
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:28 am

¡Hola!
Where is the bike?
Post some pics!!
Please
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 11:48 am

Take your time with the bad weather we have today Justyn as we don't want to hear you have chucked it down the road, snow is not for everybody especially on 2 wheels.
I used to ride 6 days a week, sometimes 7 for work etc & learned that snow looks nice but it takes riding respect to a new level that takes time to learn!
So take your time young un & leave it in the shed if you can for the time being!
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 10:53 am

So to finally wrap up this thread.

I just got back from a four day tour of South coast and Isle of Wight. Reckon I would start easy and the weather was just begging for it.

Learnt a few things... cold is relative, salt is a bitch, GPS is over rated, scooter delivery guys are *&%$ers, beer is cheap in I O W, but nothing beats that open ride down a coast line with the sun shining on the sea...nothing.

Here are some pics from the trip. Thanks again to everyone who helped and advised and commented.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE IN THE CLUB and looking forward to next year!!!

As Green As They Come - Page 4 20141211

As Green As They Come - Page 4 20141212

As Green As They Come - Page 4 20141213

As Green As They Come - Page 4 20141214

As Green As They Come - Page 4 20141215

As Green As They Come - Page 4 20141216
As Green As They Come - Page 4 20141217
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 11:29 am

Nice pics! Specialy the one of the Pub..LOL

What GPS do you use?

I have the Tom Tom Rider v1, weatherproof, is works right on the Highways and Autobahn, but it isn't good to find a particular address, specialy in small towns.. the maps are obsolete (from 2007), so to move into the town is better to use Google Maps on the mobile. It's cheap and easy to find a handlebar mount for the mobile and you can use it always if your mobile is waterproof, unless you go to a Gasoline Station, it is easy to dismount for thieves!!!
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 11:38 am

Hi Israel,

Its exactly what it is.. a waterproof phone mount. I was looking at gps and they cost £200+ so went on amazon. Got this one for 8.99. Fits my S3 perfect and with a USB charger fitted under the seat its powered. Works absolutely perfect and totally waterproof. As you say though.. take it off or phone out when you stop somewhere. But for under a tenner and it worked perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As Green As They Come
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next