Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As Green As They Come

Go down 
+21
captain crash
fat intruder
Ken1964
Lowey
Bigredbus4468
mick9264
Doc Cox
scorpion2006king
Twojobmick
vex918
smart
peardrop3
hawktheslayer
stingray
petetesch
DaveC
Skidalot
alfie92
yorky
simbo
Mr Intruder
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

As Green As They Come - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

So the crusade lost a battle today...

Failed the mod one...

Tough one today. Trained all morning in the rain, then had to ride 60 miles to wheaton to do the test, by the time we got there I was so cold and wet could hardly hold the bars.. had to do the test straight away and my left hand cramped, slipped the clutch, put my foot down on the figure eight... did the rest perfect.. but its a fail.

rode back in the rain...

I have to say despite the fail it was awesome riding on the big bike on the motorway and being able to move on it.

Simbo, thanks for the knees on the tank thing.. made a huge difference to yesterday and by moving my left hand further out I had that clutch control sorted.. too bad it cramped.

Any we may lose a battle as long as we win the war! On with the crusade.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:40 pm

And thanks to all for the good luck .. and yeah funny one Morgan.. knees down
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Bad luck Justyn, Onwards and upwards! hopefully you'll get a better day for it next time  As Green As They Come - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Justyn you will get there, for or even second time fails are not unusual. A good rider could fail under test conditions a number of times, while a shite rider passes first time. Keep at it, you'll get there & when you do it'll feel lie a lottery win.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Good luck next time, you will do it and it will be well worth it
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 9:44 pm

don't let it get you down keep at it
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 pm

Don't worry Justyn ..... move forwards from this experience - it will help you to secure your goal.... & as all the others say - best of luck for next time - hope the weather is kinder for you too !

As Green As They Come - Page 3 3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 7:31 am

Put it behind you it's not a fail it's experience, go and nail it next time.
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 7:49 am

As others have said, just put it down to experience. I failed my MOD2, I was on a bike I was not used to  coming up a slip road to join a Dual Carriageway, looked over my right shoulder to make sure it was clear to join and nearly ran into the back of the vehicle in front of me. Shall not be doing that again!!
Good luck, relax and try to enjoy it. When I re-took my MOD2 the examiner congratulated me on a very nice ride when he said I had passed. I put it down to nerves the first time and relaxing the second time.
Back to top Go down
DaveC
DaveC

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 10:57 am

I feel your pain Justyn! Onwards and upwards it will be worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Very sad to read of your news Justyn Sir, better luck next time. Just put it down to experience, next time you will do it.
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Unlucky mate. Next time you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Keep your pecker up Justyn as next time wont be so bad mate. Try taking another pair of gloves with you wrapped in a plastic bag under your jacket covering your chest for 2 reasons. 1 they will be dry if your others get soaked & 2 they will keep the cold off your chest a little also.
Best luck for next time ok!
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 pm

To all of the above..

Thanks for the words of encouragement... needed that today... Looking forward to the next one. Hoping to rebook this week sometime.  Also want to switch to a Suzuki gladys. I was on a Honda and was never comfortable on the bars. Say on my mates suzi and felt  a lot better... also booking in Oxford this time so no exposition to he'll. .. cheers 

Looking forward to riding with you all one day.

Oh yes learnt another lesson today. .. went out to my bike this morning and it was totally frozen up.. wouldn't even turn over.. just frozen solid... missed the train... had to stick it in the sun and wait for it to thaw out before it would start... 

I forgot  to dry and cover it last night.. lesson learnt.. but it was a good laugh in the end...
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Good idea Peter.. thanks
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi Justyn, sorry to hear about your test results,as others have said use it as an experience,next time you will know what to expect,and hopefully the weather will be a bit better for you.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Afternoon guys and gal,

Took my second Mod 1 today,

The crusade won the battle.. Passed.. Perfect..

Was so much more comfortable on the bike. Just rode it. Really happy. Thanks to all for the little tips they all helped. With a bit of luck I can do my mod 2 this coming week. Can't say how stoked I am. This crusade is nearing Jerusalem.. just the final battle.

Happy days.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 pm

Congratulations Justyn  As Green As They Come - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Well done Justyn As Green As They Come - Page 3 3498837457 another step along the way
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 6:01 pm

Well done.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Well done that man  As Green As They Come - Page 3 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Congrats Spaniard, thou hast fared well! Tis time to partake of some refreshment methinks! As Green As They Come - Page 3 256401
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:54 pm

As Green As They Come - Page 3 2170595768  ... Well done Justyn - sounds like a  msrke  ..... all the best for that final push As Green As They Come - Page 3 184121345

As Green As They Come - Page 3 3005623951 Yam
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:59 pm

well done mate As Green As They Come - Page 3 3498837457 good luck on the next step wont be long till your As Green As They Come - Page 3 696333
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 8:30 am

Thy end of thy quest is nigh brave night ..... Now ya just need to get past this !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj8KpuJw
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 8:54 am

Well done that man, good on you. As Green As They Come - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:39 am

Well done Justyn.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Sim, Alan, Jeff, Peter, Skid, Yam, Morgan, Mick, Dave, Alfie

Thanks to all for the words.

Been riding Oxford flat on the pony learning the routes for the Mod 2.

Mick - pissed myself laughing at that video clip . I haven't seen it in years, love it. It JUST a flesh wound... kinda worrying how the black knight looks similar to my profile image... Good old Monty Python.

oh and it looks like its gonna drop to -3 on Monday here. Joy. Any specifics for riding in the snow if it comes? I dont have a choice if it does.
Back to top Go down
DaveC
DaveC

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Well done fella
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Just take your time Justyn easy throttle little brake if any at all, in fact let the engine do most of it & look a lot longer in front & don't always drive in the car tracks as they get polished with ice & there is often grit in the centre of the road ok. Best of luck young un!
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks Peter,

Question if the tire tracks are iced and the sump line is grit.. where the heck am I supposed to ride..lol
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:13 pm

NOT ON YOUR EAR thats where! LOL!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:30 pm

I'd have thought they'd have cancelled if snow fell?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Normally do Sim.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:01 pm

hahaha yeah someone said to keep upright no mater what. But I was referring to riding to the station in the week as my car is in the garage, don't know if its worth fixing and I have to go in on the bike every day.. with amazing British weather predicted!!
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi if you have no choice but ride in the snow,one good tip is to remember to try and keep both feet on the pegs,you will get a better feel and balance on the bike,you are not in a speedway ring.Failing that you could always use the horse.(No offence ment.)
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Thats a shitter, better luck next time matey
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 7:50 pm

So here is a question.. cos I get two answers... coming out if a round about.. Life saver  to the left or the right? Clearly if you on the inside changing lanes then left but on a single or double on the outside lane exiting.. left or right?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:13 pm

I'd have thought you did a 'Life Saver' according to the direction of the maneuver, ie, turning/moving to the left,  left shoulder, turning/moving to the right , right shoulder, so as your leaving a roundabout to the left, it will be left shoulder, to check nothing is coming up your inside.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:29 pm

As Green As They Come - Page 3 428386  to Sim's wise words .... life saver to direction of manoeuver .... so leaving a roundabout it would be left ..... BUT if leaving on a roundabout exit which is a dual carriageway is trickier & depends on you positioning on the roundabout as that is also likely to be a two laner .... but basically it is to the left as you leave. You may find yourself exiting into the left hand lane of the dual carriageway & the traffic in that lane is slower than you anticipated - you then need to check to the right before changing lanes. ..... & don't get carried away with overlong life savers & end up running into slower moving traffic in front of you !!!!!!

Many bikers will say 'life-savers' are common sense ..... but as many an accident investigator will tell you  .... the trouble with common sense is that it isn't that common !

The main thing is don't push your luck .... but do enjoy your ride.

Cheers  As Green As They Come - Page 3 256401 Yam As Green As They Come - Page 3 3005623951
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 8:32 am

Thanks. I think it was the dual round abouts that were getting me. Yes logical to check direction going in but instructor kept telling me to check right when leaving left out the round about but thinking about it it was always on a dual round about. Git my mod 2 tomorrow. It's either gonna be a great weekend with the new m800 or a crap y one on the 125... We will see

Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 9:09 am

Yes Justyn .... I think the instructor is trying to remind you on a 2 lane roundabout/exit, you need to be aware of both right & left - but it is left first to check nothing is coming up your 'inside' so it is safe to make that move - but then a secondary check to your right to see there is nothing immediately behind you (can be a 'blind spot' ) invading your 'safety space.
There is a riding/driving concept of maintaining a safety space around you - it is all about you monitoring that space and making adjustments when other road users compromise YOUR safety space (usually by 'invading' it). If you have done the secondary 'right' life saver - you will know if you have clear space to move into the right hand lane if the left hand lane is going slower than you anticipated etc.
Hope you get out on the M800 !

Cheers As Green As They Come - Page 3 3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 10:24 am

Brilliant. Thanks Yam
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 pm

SO the crusade continues..

Failed my mod 2 today.. left my indicator on past a side road.. it must have been 20feet after the turn.. was a hectic test.. heavy traffic, small roads, a hundred turns and then I left the bloody indicator on once ...

well miffed at the moment.. they even had my M800 prepped for me to pick up..now got to wait two weeks before can take it again...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Been there, done that........... stick at it Justyn
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Sorry to hear you failed,dont get to angry with yourself,in two weeks time you will be riding your new machine.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:38 pm

That's a shitter Justyn   As Green As They Come - Page 3 437349 , Good luck for the next one  As Green As They Come - Page 3 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Sorry to see you have not passed, keep the faith and all will be good in the end.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Oh mate, that is pure shit. As Green As They Come - Page 3 437349
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Gutted. ..

But onto the next one...

Guess there is a reason bikers are only 2.6% of the drivers on the road...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As Green As They Come
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next