Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As Green As They Come

Go down 
+21
captain crash
fat intruder
Ken1964
Lowey
Bigredbus4468
mick9264
Doc Cox
scorpion2006king
Twojobmick
vex918
smart
peardrop3
hawktheslayer
stingray
petetesch
DaveC
Skidalot
alfie92
yorky
simbo
Mr Intruder
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

As Green As They Come - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:20 pm

You must so pleased. well done Sir.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:07 pm

As Doc said well done Justyn, 
I took my test also in 73 but on a 150cc James Cadet on the cobbled back streets of Derby where the old Royal Infirmary is now & soon to be knocked down. If you could ride on wet cobbles & still pass your test then you had to be a good rider as the testers were bastards back then!
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:38 pm

nothing like blowing your own trumpet Peter guttss As Green As They Come - Page 2 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 8:10 am

Well pleased for you. As Green As They Come - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Morgan it was well known for the testers to hide in the rabbit warren of passages around the area as they would not ride with you on the back of your bike themselves unless you were on a large bike. The guy who took my test seemed to appear as if by magic at different openings just like a magicians rabbit for the 30 minutes it took & he would do several emergency test stops & stop you to ask questions 3 or 4 times to try to catch you out but thankfully he did not unnerve me as my dad had taught me very well god bless him.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Peter no offence was meant mate! was just joking besides there's nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet every now and again plus I got to use the guy with his hands in the air lol guttss guttss always makes me chuckle As Green As They Come - Page 2 852880
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Hey no offence taken Morgan in the slightest cos if there was I'd set Sim's dog on yer!  hyst As Green As They Come - Page 2 3213823784 As Green As They Come - Page 2 2343124779
Back to top Go down
scorpion2006king
scorpion2006king

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Well done Justyn another step closer  As Green As They Come - Page 2 2645662097
Back to top Go down
mick9264
mick9264

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Good choice pal, I love mine to bits, enjoy and  As Green As They Come - Page 2 304308752
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Mick, Scorpion, Peter, Morgan, Dave, Ken, and the Rest of ya'll

Thanks for the words, sorry been quiet but been real busy at work.

SO the good news is I passed my Theory on Tuesday... was hectic trying to study with work but aced it.

Went straight to pick up a loaner bike to start practising on and couldn't have asked for a better bike - got the Suzuki Marauder 125 (M800 baby brother). What a joy to ride for a first bike! Spent all day Tuesday riding around the countryside (in the rain) but loved it. Mate says I had this stupid grin all day. It truly is awesome.

Start my DAS on Saturday and look forward to riding with all you one day..

The Spaniard
Back to top Go down
mick9264
mick9264

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Did my test 33 years ago and am still riding now and will be till the day I joss it! Retiring to Spain in 5 years so my M800 will be my main transport over there! Enjoy biking and don't take it to seriously as to spoil the fun! Oh, and ride safe, you ain't immortal.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 10:43 pm

great to hear you passed your test mate good luck for ya DAS
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:01 pm

Congrats on your Theory Pass! Good luck with the DAS  As Green As They Come - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:43 am

Well done, enjoy the riding.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 8:06 am

Well done, that's a massive worry out of the way. As Green As They Come - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 8:12 am

Great to hear of your progress Justyn .......... I'm sure you will soon be there on your M800

Cheers  As Green As They Come - Page 2 256401 As Green As They Come - Page 2 3005623951 Yam
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 am

Well done matey!
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Congratulations, a very well done to you Sir.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 4:21 am

Congratulations Justyn, here's a celebratory icon for you - but really more for you Morgan .....lol

guttss
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Thanks Mick, Morg, Sim, Jeff, Dave, Yam, Peter, Ken - 

Out again today feeling alot more comfortable on the bike. Taking it easy butt getting into it. Bloody freezing in the rain but was a good experience... mad.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Getting there Justyn soon you'll be a fully fledged biker As Green As They Come - Page 2 3768075377 then the fun begins As Green As They Come - Page 2 1218875559
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Well done Justyn,just remember listen and learn,good luck with your DAS.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Thanks Mart  and Alfie..  Start this week...  Looking forward to it.. Ride safe
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:09 pm

good luck mate
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Thy quest is long and arduous brave knight. Persevere with your plight and may God speed you on your way ! lol!
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 7:41 pm

ohh get me some hot wings if your going KFC lol
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:11 pm

ok seriously how do we do this in the winter? all i want is a semi decent day to go riding... need to practice.. raining everytime.. i still go out but its just about it... i know i want to do this man its cold.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:13 pm

just had to rant.. we will do this
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:14 pm

mick thanks for the quest, just saw it, needed it
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 12:56 pm

stick at it mate most important thing about riding in bad weather is to dress properly i.e. so you stay dry and warm I just came back from a long ride I wore thermal bottoms then trousers and my waterproof over trousers on top I had a vest three t-shirts jumper then my leather jacket  on my hands I had my under gloves (little thin things) then good gloves which are waterproof on my feet I had my TCX waterproof boots. and remember if you can ride in the rain when roads are wet then you can ride anytime most people get very nervous in the wet on bikes especially when cornering don't get me wrong take it a bit easy but have confidence in your bike and tyres remember they are tested in all conditions after a day riding in the rain you will become far more confident. good luck rap up warm stick at it don't let the rain put you off get as much practise as you can and once again good luck    As Green As They Come - Page 2 3005623951
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:43 pm

As Green As They Come - Page 2 428386 on what Morgan says and if you ride to your abilities you will soon gain the confidence,either hand guards or heated grips for those fingers as well.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanks Morgan and Alfie.. 

Was just getting frustrated but you right..  Gotta keep the dream..  Wet or dry..  Going out again on Sunday come hail or sunshine,  Got some proper gloves and will get some waterproofs..  Layers it is...  Also frustrated cos the bike school kept delaying my training and then they said only in January..  Say what..  So changed schools and starting next weekend..  Aim is to do it by Christmas..  Especially when my big baby is sitting in the shop window and I'm already paying for it..  But thanks guys needed that kick in the arse..  BTW how was the ring of red ride if anybody went?
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 5:47 pm

So went out yesterday for six hours in the rain and cold and absolutely loved it.  Just rode.  Got lost.  When I saw a sign saying welcome to Warwickshire figured it was time to stop and work out where home is.  Layers just lots of layers.  Found out today I can do my mod 1 on Sunday and mod 2 on next Friday. Been a bike for maybe 7 days in total.  Instructor reckons with one day trainibg on mod 1 and one day training on mod 2 I can do it.  Does this sound right?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Yeh sounds about right & seeing as you have been cramming some road time in you should not have too many problems as it will be simply getting used to whatever type of bike they let you use unless that is you use your own?
My friends lad has a Yamaha 125 dragstar & he was put onto a KTM650 & the next time on a Triumph street triple & then a Tiger for his last test day so thats why I said what I did above ok.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Oh yeah by the way..  They finally changed the pillion seat  for the tail piece on my M800. Totally changes the lines on the bike. Love it.  Stood like  a bloody kid at the candy store window looking at it in the bike shop window.  Can't wait to ride it..
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:48 am

keep at it Justyn wont be long till your going down the road on it
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Must feel so wonderful with so much to look forward to, keep up the good work and dreams.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:17 am

Ok so this has now become a crusade and by default I am now a full time biker. Car brakes siezed gonna cost me a fortune to fix. But have to get to work so the bike is now my only transport. Given the trials and tribulation on this is now the fourth crusade. Got a pony right now but looking forward to the steed.... btw thanks for tips on layers and stuff.. got the gear yesterday and had no problem at 0600 this morning in the cold.
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:29 am

Hmmm so glad I have a car and a bike. I used to go riding all year round but no longer.

When I took my PSV test (Bus and coach) that was like an extended test. 1.5 hrs. Still nervous but passed first time. Had to do theory hazard perception certificate of professional competency medical drugs test all BEFORE I was allowed to effectively do a 2 week DAS course. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:38 am

The Spaniard wrote:
Ok so this has now become a crusade and by default I am now a full time biker. Car brakes siezed gonna cost me a fortune to fix. But have to get to work so the bike is now my only transport. Given the trials and tribulation on this is now the fourth crusade. Got a pony right now but looking forward to the steed.... btw thanks for tips on layers and stuff.. got the gear yesterday and had no problem at 0600 this morning in the cold.
Might be a blessing in disguise perhaps? All that "enforced" extra riding through traffic will build your confidence up no end. You'll probably find that you get there and back home faster too depending on how heavy the volume of traffic is, by being able to filter.
It worked for me anyway when my bike was my sole form of transport. As Green As They Come - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 am

One in important thing to do whilst riding is, don't just ride. Always ride as if you are on your test, that way it will become second nature & passing when the times comes will easier.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 10:47 am

Skidalot wrote:
Quote :
You'll probably find that you get there and back home faster too depending on how heavy the volume of traffic is, by being able to filter.
Be very careful if you do filter, as this part of motorcycling can be very dangerous.
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Kev, Skid, Dave Jeff, 

Wise words thank you. I dont think ill be going for my bus license quite yet.. that is hectic Kev.

THis is truly a crusade now. The extra riding is really good and the practice awesome. However it is determined to make it a crusade.. Riding in the dark most times.. I've had fog, cold, rain and ice all in four days!! And of course when it rained was the one day i forgot my weather proofs.. but hey once you wet it doesnt matter how wet.. so yeah it is really testing if I want this... BUT we shall soldier on..
Back to top Go down
The Spaniard
The Spaniard

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 5:51 pm

OK so I've dropped my first bike......

Had my training today for mod one. Went well at the end. The beginning was another story.. No problem on the fast bit and on the road but I struggle with the slow stuff.. figure of eight too tight, pulled the front brake and down we went... yeah I know now NOT to touch the front brake in thhat but thats how we learn. Leg bruise reminds me of that.. but by the end of the day got it down.. more training tomorrow nd test in the afternoon..

I must say.. whole other world on a big bike.. just the riding and ability to move when you need to.. felt alot more connfident in traffic on the 600... looking forward to my M800.. 

Still the slow gets me..
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Slow is easy Spaniard. Hold the throttle open steady and use clutch and REAR brake only to control speed.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:31 pm

As Kevin says and also try gripping the tank with your knees too for slow maneuver's, Good luck for tomoz  As Green As They Come - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Good luck with your test tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 11:20 am

All the very best Sir.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 12:07 pm

well look at that not even got ya licence and your getting your knee down As Green As They Come - Page 2 852880 jokes aside good luck on your test hope you pass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Green As They Come   As Green As They Come - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As Green As They Come
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next