Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Refurbished Seat

Go down 
+2
captain crash
peardrop3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Refitted my seats to the bike that we took to Tony Archers in Huddersfield on monday last. www.tonyarcher.co,uk
We wanted a wider rear seat for Rosie as the original was a tad small, I'm being careful here as she reads my mailings sometimes lol! Not saying she has a big, er rear, but, well let's leave it their ok?
We decided that we had gel pads in each seat + extra foam padding with an extension of aprox 2-1/2 " on either side of the rear seat so it was not cutting Rosie in half.
Well the results were amazing, my seat was thicker slightly at the front by about 1" either side & thicker with the gel pad & the rear one was nearly 50% deeper than it had been prior to the rebuild including the gel pad & both had a subtle strip of blue piping around the rear seams to set both of them off nicely, both also had non slip basket weave covers on the top also. All up price was £200-00, well worth the money if I do say so myself!
Oh & I bought a VS1400 rear diff off eBay to do the conversion next spring which Mr Intruder swears by yay!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Great read and a nice modification done I bet Rosie is gunna love you just a little bit more now Refurbished Seat 1851553709    Refurbished Seat 184121345  and I don't think that dave just swears by that mod with the rear diff he would happily preach on that subject as he has done when I have seen him and got on the subject Refurbished Seat 3213823784  dare I say that Simbo thinks its the dogs bollox as well Refurbished Seat 3213823784
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: ljyfugyuliuhoijo   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Refurbished Seat 249703  Bloody hell peter can't belive how much tony archer has put his prices up i paid £60 quid three year ago for the same seats minus gel pads, how was the service my mate had a bad experience there last year!!. but they do look great Refurbished Seat 3498837457
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:52 pm

I am wondering if the wider seat made you feel higher (longer reach to ground) or if the shape compensated.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Very good point, never thought of that difference a wider seat would make Refurbished Seat 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Great mod done Peter & great one planned. I hadn't thought of that either Chris & Crash. Tony Archer is also well respected for his work and known throughout the country. Refurbished Seat 2170595768
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Crash it's only the rear seat that i had widened as the other half disliked the narrow original seat so rider not effected but other half's well pleased Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi guy's, the gel pads were £60- each & the remodelling etc was £80- so thats why it was £200-.

Service was excellent, but you have to take into account that Tony & his son Alan are not mind readers. I did numerous pictures & drawings so he knew exactly what I wanted. I'm sorry to hear your mate had a bad experience which I did not have. I have to say we all have off days & possibly this was the cause of the problem + a misunderstanding perhaps???

As for higher? Well my seat is only a tad thicker, 1" or so max' & I did not feel any major difference's at all, but Rosie now sit's well above me & commented that she could see clearly over my head where as before she was staring at my solar panel lol! I'm going to re-christen her 'Head n shoulders' ha ha!

She also commented that her knees were slightly less bent so felt a lot less than the 90 degree's they felt before, I must add she has minor osteo arthritis so anything where her legs are underneath her so to speak really hurts so it will be an advantage for this but we have yet to ride the bike with the new seats so watch this space as they say. I may need a taller screen now though to stop buffeting?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Sounds like a good job at a fair price Refurbished Seat 3498837457  Those Silicone pads aren't cheap but they make a big difference to comfort.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:41 pm

To right Sim, people pay a darn site more than that for a brick to sit on. Refurbished Seat 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
To right Sim, people pay a darn site more than that for a brick to sit on. Refurbished Seat 852880
And their passengers don't thank them for it :what1:  Refurbished Seat 3213823784
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Refurbished Seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refurbished Seat   Refurbished Seat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refurbished Seat
Page 1 of 1