Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.

Go down 
+6
Ken1964
stingray
NotesNut
simbo
Mr Intruder
Rick9000
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rick9000
Rick9000

Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Empty
PostSubject: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Just completed my footboard highway peg mod for us shorter in stature owners.
Having the same issue with the airbox cover and foot brake I made a small bracket to attach the universal highway pegs to the footboards. Having just ridden the bike it makes such a difference to the comfort being able to stretch out.

The picture show the brackets, placement and overall finished look. I just coated the additional parts with silver hammerite to match the footboard trim.

Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Imagejpg1_zps60ee8d43
Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Imagejpg2_zps1cbdd18b

Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Imagejpg3_zps63864d0c

Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Imagejpg5_zpsdaa9fa19
Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Imagejpg6_zps25d4abc8
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 4:33 pm

I really like those, never seen such a thing as that before. I am well impressed with them.  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 276246
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 5:09 pm

Nice mod Ricky  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 2170595768  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 102087026
Back to top Go down
NotesNut
NotesNut

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Very nice mate!
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 3498837457  Excellent idea Ricky, I'm very impressed Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 65147  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 103551
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 pm

A very good modification, very little work involved to have them sat further forward one would think.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:48 pm

Good mod Ricky.
Back to top Go down
Rick9000
Rick9000

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 9:14 am

Hi Ken, yes very easy to place the pegs exactly where they personally suit your leg length. Prior to attaching I used a G clamp to attach the pegs in various position until I found the right one then drilled and bolted them on.
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 10:58 am

Nice mod Ricky and well done. ilis 
But now, (i think) you have to pay more attention about extra size when you're in traffic passing, for instance, between cars, trucks and so on.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Neat job Ricky ...  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 3498837457 ... but be careful ....
.....  people might worry if you spread your legs to far apart !!!!   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 2343124779
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 10:05 am

I like the way you have thought outside the box  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 184121345 
The width is obviously something to have to think of which is nothing to worry about as such but cornering will have to be thought about. As we can see the pegs are making the edges of the foot boards lower and they are what normally scrapes. Saying that tho as the boards are spring loaded I would be surprised if you ever lent it enough to reach the point where the retraction of the boards had reached there maximum pull back. Its just something to be aware of and play at scraping cause they will scrape much earlier than you may at first thing when leaning. All the same I do ike the idea of what you have done, always good to be the first to try something out  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 3005623951
Back to top Go down
Rick9000
Rick9000

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 433968 Thanks for the guidance Captain Crash these are issues which I will have to be mindful of. My lean angle has always been pretty shallow and I always counter steer when cornering that said if I feel that my safety is compromised I will probably need to remove them which is a simple task. I hope that is not needed because they are very comfortable.

I always wondered why the footboards are spring loaded. Now I know, everyday is a school day.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Ricky if your lean angle is pretty shallow you may be fine, some guys ride these bikes & never scrape the boards.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 9:40 pm

Ricky can't you move the highway pegs in a bit,so they still fold up it would give you more piece of mind on roundabouts and corners.Another experiment for you is move them back a bit to see if you are still comfortable, or forward, the boards are more shallower there.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Personally if I was going down that route, I would put them towards the front of the boards.
Back to top Go down
Rick9000
Rick9000

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:30 pm

If I encounter any problems I will update. I did consider moving the pegs a little more forwards but they then start to restrict access to the brake peddle and gear shifter.

I test tipped the bike over in the garage to see just how much clearance I had and with my riding style I doubt whether I will scrape. Time as ever will tell.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 7:30 pm

As most people seem to have highway pegs towards the front of the Motorcycle and higher than the foot plates or pegs, could I make a suggestion. Possibly turn the mounting bracket over and mount at the front of the foot plate. This would alleviate the additional possibility of scraping whilst leaning and would possibly be a far greater position for cruising comfort than the current position.
Back to top Go down
Rick9000
Rick9000

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi Ken I have taken a fair amount of time tweaking the position to suit my needs.  The reason I went to this bother is because I'm not like most people in that I have a short inside leg measurement and other peoples options of fitment did not suit me

My opinion on modifications is to try out something different and if all fails there is no harm done as I can return to stock by removing three bolts either side.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Hey Ken that sounds like it will work well for most people with short legs,Might not work for Ricky but I reckon it sounds like a good compromise for most short legged guys. I would think that if someones legs were to short for what your saying they would be a umper lumper cause that would mean they are unable to reach the front of the boards  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 852880  
Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Z
Back to top Go down
Rick9000
Rick9000

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:45 pm

People mock what they don't understand. You know what they people with short legs have Erm short legs
 Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:55 pm

Sorry Rick no offence meant at all, I am sorry if my post it was taken badly. I am guilty of having a silly sense of humor and having not ever progressing past the age of 3 by much at all  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 4131452259   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 2795157665    Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 804997 

To be honest tho, trying to be serious for a moment in an uncharacteristic way for a guy who should be at kindergarten, I think a mock up of the pegs might be worth a try in that other position if you find the dont work for you where they are for other reasons  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 184121345
Back to top Go down
Rick9000
Rick9000

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:04 pm

ABSOLUTELY NONE TAKEN. Sorry if you though it was a dig. Just me poking fun at myself. I don't take these things too seriously. 

But many thanks for the kind though.   :cmate:
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Cool  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:45 pm

captain crash wrote:
to be serious for a moment in an uncharacteristic way for a guy who should be at kindergarten,

I can vouch for that.  Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. 852880  hyst
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.   Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Footboard Highway Pegs Fitted.
Page 1 of 1