Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

* Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech *

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

retard - * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech * Empty
PostSubject: * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech *   retard - * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech * Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Timing Retard Eliminator
The one I used was a TRE by Healtech the makers of the gipro and lots more, however there are other manufacturers that make similar products.

My bike was the first of the new model 2010 C800 Intruder's to have an X-TRE by Healtech Electronics fitted. Because the fitting that was done on my bike by myself with the XT-SO1 and the many emails sent back and forth from myself to a very helpful man at Healtech in Hungary called Norbert, extra parts were sent via airmail at no cost to myself.

Basically what the t.r.e. does is it bypasses some of the restriction placed on a lot of modern bikes
It gives a smother throttle response
Improves full throttle response and acceleration
Removes top speed limiter
Automatically switches off in neutral for a smooth idle operation
Simple operation that works out of the box
Low power consumption with automatic standby
works with or without tuning modules
Installs in about 30 minutes

I definitely noticed a difference after fitting this little box, well worth it retard - * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech * 29160

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
collo
collo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech *   retard - * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech * Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:45 pm

where did you get your switch live from (on the TRE)? thanks
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech *   retard - * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech * Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:18 pm

To be totally honest I cant remember. it was quite a while ago that I did mine & unfortunately it was a mod I did not do a full write up on, so I cant remember but if you get really stuck I will check where all my wires ect!

Did you specify to the retailer that the TRE was for an M800 & what year it was?
The reason I ask is because I was the first person to put the Healtech TRE on to one of our bikes & Norbert informed me at the time that a slight modification was going to be made to the TRE to make it an easy fit as mine had extra bits flown to me from Hungary (no cost to me) and rather than the XT-S01 standard fit Suzuki TRE that I fitted to my bike with a few modifications done, they would release a direct fit for a fast install

I would advise you to E-mail Norbert and point him in the direction of this post as a reminder just in case yours is not a direct fit

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
collo
collo

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech *   retard - * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech * Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:20 pm

All sorted one thinks!! every wire we tested when the bike was off was live!!! so attached the device to something near the fuse box!! Also, fitted the FI Tuner instructions were a little hard to follow re actually sending the software to the bike, just emailed Norbert as not 100% it went accross I clicked send and save map and it looked correct, however it is not something im 100% confident FI light is still staying on?? least Im back on the road now.!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech *   retard - * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech * Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:22 pm

I could be wrong because I have got nothing I need in front of me but from what I remember all you need to do is

1,.... download and open maps
2,.... Tps - throttle position sensor calibration when asked (simply roll the throttle to fully open and close)
3,.... rpm calibration, rpm is set in the bottom right corner at 000 if I remember rightly. mine had to be set to 22 if I recall properly to be correct at 1100rpm (tickover)
4, ....send maps

all done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech *   retard - * Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech * Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

* Suzuki C800, X-TRE Timing Retard Eliminator * Healtech *
Page 1 of 1