Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maxxis Tyres

Go down 
+9
captain crash
ardie
Mr Intruder
katsd
Bluesman
OldManYam
stingray
simbo
shadycowboy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 5:44 pm

Anyone ever ran a set of these on their bike? www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre/maxxis-m6011
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Too late I've bought them lol
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 6:58 pm

I've never tried Maxxis but they seem reasonably priced, hopefully you'll give a good review once fitted.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:38 pm

I've always used 'Maxxis' on the several sports bikes I've owned in past and I don't think you will be disappointed, however I've never used them on a cruiser.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:52 pm

My mate Steve has used Maxxis tyres on his Blade & his Hornets (600 & 900), and has always been pleased with them as the seem to offer good value for money, with decent grip and predictable secure handling.

That said there are more expensive tyres that will outperform them, and possibly outlast them, but we often debated this & concluded that unless you ride regularly in poor weather conditions, and that you don't ride like a quasi-road racer, then pound for pound, mile for mile, the Maxxis tyres are a competitive alternatives to 'big brands'.

Hope that might help. Maxxis Tyres 3005623951 Yam
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Put a rear on my 883 just before I sold it to save money. Performed  like the original Harley Dunlop and cheap as chips. I'd certainly buy again if I have a similar bike.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:07 am

Mates in the trade rate them highly on a value basis
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 am

I have only ever heard great things about them, although never personally experienced them.
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 4:37 pm

like to ask shadycowboy about maxis tyre is your tyres tubeless as I cant see this for tubed type tyre need a rear tyre myself and I got tubes
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 3:28 pm

can any one tell me will the maxxis m6011 170/80/15 take a tube as I only see it listed as tube less on openeo site
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:25 pm

I am not sure about that tyre but many people say you can fit tubes in tubeless tyres but don't believe them. Reason being is that tubless tyres will have slightly different edges on the rims and are often ribbed inside, that causes chaffing on the innertube, so it isn't reccomended
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:57 pm

ardie wrote:
can any one tell me will the maxxis m6011 170/80/15 take a tube as I only see it listed as tube less on openeo site
I have Tubes in my Tubeless White Walls, Like Crash says they do have a rougher inside, but not to a point you'll have any trouble, just use plenty of chalk on the tube  Maxxis Tyres 3498837457
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:48 pm

in a bit of a quandary now I asked a local bike shop to quote me for a rear tyre tube type and he give me a price of 90 quid and the tyre was a maxxis m6011 so take it he was going to use old tube.off road at minute as got a screw in the bugger as well.can get this tyre online for 67quid  have  wheel off  trying  to get moly 60 to do shaft while its off. I tried  to get that seal using your link sim and the part no but came up a blank.thanks guys for your input shadycow boy has these tyres on but he dosnt seem to check his messages like to know if he has tubes in
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 4:48 am

Hey all, Haven't fitted them yet. For some reason I can not for the life of me find someone to fit them locally. Got quoted £20 a wheel and looks like I may have to do it.

Same as above. Tubeless tyres but gonna stick a new tube in. Anyone got any suggestions on brand?
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 11:40 am

I wouldn't fit them to any bike of mine just my personal choice. I'm sure there a good enough tyre though Maxxis Tyres 3498837457
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:55 pm

UPDATE. 

Had a ride on these today, albeit a short one, but was very impressed. Stuck like Glue to the road. Highly recommended, so far.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Good news  Maxxis Tyres 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Good to read, a good tyre is the difference between death and life. Maxxis Tyres 3498837457
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:34 pm

It honestly felt like a different bike
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 1:24 am

Maxxis Tyres 11012910
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 8:17 am

They look excellent, love WWW tyres. Your bikes looking fantastic. lgd
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Very nice! They really suit the bike Maxxis Tyres 102087026
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:23 pm

shadycowboy wrote:
Maxxis Tyres 11012910
Awesome hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb hbb
2 wheels Rolls Royce Silver Shadow!!! Maxxis Tyres 256401 Maxxis Tyres 3498837457 Maxxis Tyres 3498837457 Maxxis Tyres 3498837457 Maxxis Tyres 3498837457 Maxxis Tyres 3498837457
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Look good but that bag on the front will knock the paint off your guard in no time!!!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:21 pm

What an ace looking bike, one to be proud of for sure. Tyre's look really cool  Maxxis Tyres 102087026 Maxxis Tyres 276246

As Pete says, move that bag. The suspension goes up and down just below that point, When Mr I had a screen on his bike,  he somehow had the tool roll on top of the headlight. not sure how tho
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 2:59 am

Too late. lol. The previous owner had the bag down there. Knocked the paint off with the buckles so its now there to hide that. I hate it down being down there as well but until I can afford a new front fender it'll have to stay. Also I have the Amp for the speakers in it :)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 11:38 am

Thats a shame but I  think they look good there anyway. Otherwise I wouldn't of originally put mine there.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Nice looking bike, tyres make the look so much better.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 11:47 am

Didn't realise they did them as WWalls - do you mind me asking how much for the pair?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maxxis Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxxis Tyres   Maxxis Tyres Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maxxis Tyres
Page 1 of 1