Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handy idea (write on cable ties)

Go down 
+4
hawktheslayer
Mr Intruder
v-twin
bigmal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Handy idea (write on cable ties) Empty
PostSubject: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 6:36 pm

If you've ever buggerred around with the electrics on your hike, like me you may well have resorted to little scraps of masking tape to label up the various wires to avoid confusion later. These come all the way from China... But what a clever idea - little cable ties incorporating a little write on tag...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222076199342
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 7:01 pm

I have a couple of bags of them as I have used them for years at work, I also have normal cable ties in white and black of different lengths and thicknesses, re-usable cable ties, Stainless Steel cable ties (ideal for high temperature areas such as exhausts etc) and Velcro straps as well as some rubber based cable ties that you cannot overtighten especially designed for communication cables that must not be squashed.
But my favourite is self-amalgamating tape, its brilliant stuff (as long as you never need to undo it again).
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Love the able ties, best idea like that I have seen. Time to order some. Handy idea (write on cable ties) 433968
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:15 pm

v-twin wrote:
I have a couple of bags of them as I have used them for years at work, I also have normal cable ties in white and black of different lengths and thicknesses, re-usable cable ties, Stainless Steel cable ties (ideal for high temperature areas such as exhausts etc) and Velcro straps as well as some rubber based cable ties that you cannot overtighten especially designed for communication cables that must not be squashed.
But my favourite is self-amalgamating tape, its brilliant stuff (as long as you never need to undo it again).

Fucking hell Andrew, it's like 50 shades of grey you've got so many ways of tying something up!!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:20 pm

I take you're word for it Mal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 2:12 am

So Mal! do you and john boss read fifty shades to each other when your "out" together Handy idea (write on cable ties) 3213823784 I thought it was illegal for non women to read it!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Justin they also go to Andrew for the ties to tie up as well obviously! Looks like a conspiracy to keep quiet to me!!!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Wow they are a good idea  Handy idea (write on cable ties) 184121345
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Another good idea is Clear Shrink Tube, you can print or write what you wish before covering your electrical work and place it in the tube before you shrink it to your wires.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Pure genius! Gonna get me some of that!
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:08 pm

How ironic - I was just looking for this thread to order some for a project I'm on - cheers for highlighting it Mal
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Its cheap enough on ebay, and lies with the contour of wires no tab sticking out in the way.

Last edited by alfie92 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:09 pm

Just ordered 100 for £1.89 - bargain
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Hey Alfie
Does the heat shrink contract to about half its width? Trying to figure out what size for bike wiring...
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:45 pm

bigmal wrote:
Hey Alfie
Does the heat shrink contract to about half its width? Trying to figure out what size for bike wiring...

Most of it has a shrink ratio of 2:1 but some has a ratio of 3:1. I get most of my electronic bits etc from CPC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handy idea (write on cable ties)   Handy idea (write on cable ties) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handy idea (write on cable ties)
Page 1 of 1