Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question about leather bag?

Go down 
+3
Mr Intruder
bigmal
ficus4p
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ficus4p
ficus4p

A question about leather bag? Empty
PostSubject: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi all I hope you can help me.

I own a suzuki m 800 model 2010.

Im thinking about buying a set a used leather bags, the current owner says that it was last used on a 2011 model, so it should fit. But I think a bracket is missing

pic 1, here you see that bracket

A question about leather bag? ZVvTNsU

pic 2, and its missing on this one

A question about leather bag? 59QpRmD

is this bracket normaly a part of the bags or the mouting bracket you buy on the side ?
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:46 pm

With the leather bags I had,  the top bolts carried the weight.

Mine didn't have the bottom bracket on either side.

But you're right, in your picture, one bottom bracket is missing.

I guess the bottom bracket reduces rattling etc, but I wouldn't say it is essential.

Use it as a bargaining tool to reduce the price!

Ps on my bags, I reversed the fender bolts (so the nut was on the outside. 

That way I could use a wing nut to make my bags removable.

Here's my write up in case you've not seen it

https://www.suzuki800.com/t4221-new-panniers-fitted-write-up-and-pics

Good luck :)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 pm

I wouldn't worry at all, I think they'll be fine.
You could just drill a couple of small holes in the leather and cable tie them if you're really concearned that the weight doesn't hold them as wanted.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 5:49 pm

I'd make a plate up & bolt it to the bags myself as the holes are already there.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Im pretty sure this is the original bag offered from suzuki. They are being sold from a breaker, and for the price they want 140 pund, I really want that they are not missing a bracket. Alot cheaper options on the internet, but I like the clean look of these
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 2:10 pm

soo the bags has now arrived, and to my great pleasure it is as I hope the orginal suzuki bags for my bike.

The bags looks almost like new, but that bracket is 100pct a part of the original kit. A bit smaller than I hoped but guess that means I can keep them on at all times. My garage is fairly narrow to get in to.

Next mod is mounting the wolo bad boy horn and fuse box, so everything is getting juice throught 40 amp relay
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Well pleased for you on the bag front, and you'll love the power of the horns. A question about leather bag? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Well pleased for you on the bag front, and you'll love the power of the horns. A question about leather bag? 3498837457
just tjecked the original full price and poor guy that paid that.. wow expensive.

Yeah Im looking forward for some more sound, my only problem is finding the space to mount it. Ohh yeah and Im doing some custom wiring. Got heated grips, GPS maby its time to do it right.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Can you not mount the horn on the left side frame top bolt? That's where I mounted mine.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 4:16 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
Can you not mount the horn on the left side frame top bolt? That's where I mounted mine.

you got picture ?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 6:11 pm

no, lets put it simply eh? Follow the left side engine cradle/frame up to the top just under the tank ok? There you will find a large bolt going through the frame, make a bracket & fit the horn there.
It looks like the top of the radiator mount area & that is where mine is.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Look in the forum area forElectrical,  horn fitting, Stebel horn is the one I have BTW.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Here's a piccy 
A question about leather bag? 11062010131
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 7:20 pm

problems with rain ?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 7:56 pm

ficus4p wrote:
problems with rain ?

Yes, it never stops!  A question about leather bag? 852880  I don't have that horn but I've never heard any reported problems.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 8:12 pm

simbo wrote:
ficus4pplus a wrote:
problems with rain ?

Yes, it never stops!  A question about leather bag? 852880  I don't have that horn but I've never heard any reported problems.
Tell me about it, motorcycle season started 1½ month ago, and yesterday it snowed and the roads is salted again.

But tx for the help, the placement looks ok I guess, no room to hide it totally.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks for the pic Sim it's where I was trying to describe & is where mine is, oh & yes VERY LOUD being 139decibels!!!
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:20 pm

ohhh come on

So the bag support mount arrived today, orded the highway hawk. Annnd it doesn't fit the bags. Guess I need to original Suzuki support and the expensive backplate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Genuine-Intruder-VZ800-L0-L1-137-70-/222014123146?_trksid=p2047675.l4066

Never buying original again.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 8:01 pm

A question about the horn, I dont seem to figured out how its mounted in the picture, a custom bracket ?

ohhh and can you help me. I need to take the wires for the original horn and extend them but I dont want to cut the original wire. I need a male connector to this but cant find any.

A question about leather bag? MvSzfnK
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 12:00 pm

This is the LINK to fitting an after-market loud horn - best thing is to leave your existing horn in place & run new wiring through a relay.  You'll need to knock up a bracket - just a straight piece of steel will do.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Horn is now mounted and the bags has been fitted, damn those original brackets was expensive
Back to top Go down
Kiwi Steve
Kiwi Steve

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 1:04 am

I had the same Suzuki bags and fitted them to plates I had cut out of 6 mm aluminium (they went up and mounted my top box as well).

The bolt holes for the 2010 on M50 are 200 mm centres and the centres for holes on the bags are narrower than that, so I packed out the ally plate from the bike frame at the back and bolted the bags onto the plate through the front hole with a longer M8 (?) cap screw and another hole in the plate with a locknut on the inside of the plate.  The 50 mm or so of plate height gave sufficient location to the saddle bags to keep them firmly located, and they can be detached if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about leather bag?   A question about leather bag? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about leather bag?
Page 1 of 1